Traded Pearce Hanley [traded with pick 19 to GC for Port's 2017 first round pick and pick 22]

Remove this Banner Ad

What is he worth?

Which club would he suit?

Can he get back to his best?

I thought he would be a good fit for the Crows, adding a bit more pace and depth to there midfield.

Would like him at the crows. A very good player. Had a fantastic year a couple of years ago.

Not sure of his worth though

Yeah for all the talk that is forming, I doubt it too. His form this season has been pretty poor in comparison to what he can do when he's up and about, I suspect he has been carrying a bit of an injury.

He was also pretty vocal about his thoughts on the go-home-5 thing we had a few years back, so I don't see him demanding to go anywhere either.

Had a bad year but he's a very good footballer and I'd imagine there'd be a fair few clubs interested in him. Could be a really good addition for a club around the top end of the ladder.

I think it could be a good move for all parties if the Lions looked to move him on. He's not going to be around when they are next challenging and they'd get something fairly valuable in return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good move by the lions to move him on but there is no way they are getting a top 10 pick for him, not even a first rounder.
He may not be worth that on form, but that is likely what it would take to get a deal done.
Contracted till 2019, Brisbane have no pressure to sell low on him. Any club that wants him would likely have to pay based on his potential rather than his output. otherwise Brisbane just say no deal, and hope the new coach can see him return to his best and his value in the market increases for next year

Good move by the lions to move him on but there is no way they are getting a top 10 pick for him, not even a first rounder.

He had a bad year after multiple surgeries. Just lost some of that trademark pace and flair. If we're not getting a first round pick, we are far better off keeping him.

I think the most realistic way he gets moved is in a 3 way trade with Gold Coast who either pass on picks from the JOM or Prestia trades.

E.G.

Richmond - IN: Prestia, OUT: 6
Gold Coast - IN: Hanley + 28, OUT: Prestia
Brisbane - IN Pick 6, OUT: Hanley + 28

As a Brisbane fan, I'd be happy with that if he and the club wanted to part ways.

He may not be worth that on form, but that is likely what it would take to get a deal done.
Contracted till 2019, Brisbane have no pressure to sell low on him. Any club that wants him would likely have to pay based on his potential rather than his output. otherwise Brisbane just say no deal, and hope the new coach can see him return to his best and his value in the market increases for next year
They have no pressure to sell low on him but also they clearly want to get younger talent into the club. Honestly couldn't see who would use a first round pick on him other than GC and even then i'm not sure they would want a bloke that will be 28 in a couple months.

Jake Naill on On The Couch last night on Fox Footy said that it's known that Brisbane would be willing to trade him if they got a top 10 pick in return. Anything less and I dare say he won't be going anywhere.

Could be a great, Heath Shaw type pick-up for a team up the pointy end of the ladder who have a strong culture and need run off HB.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back