Traded Peter Wright [Traded to Essendon for 2021 R4 pick]

Who won this trade?

• Gold Coast

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Essendon

Votes: 20 90.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He is a saints supporter & a need for us. Would throw up Carlisle & a pick for him. Carlisle has 3 season's left, so would provide valuable experience & big body in their backline & to their list. And Carlisle no longer fits our age requirement. Well, maybe Gunston does.
Er, no he’s not. Don’t know where you got that from, but he definitely grew up as a Collingwood supporter.

I might have to reconsider my opinion of Wright a little. I made a post in the Lions forum about the accuracy at goal of our rumoured KPF targets compared to our existing players over the last three seasons and Wright comes out looking good, albeit over a small sample size. I'll reproduce the data below:

Shots 0-24m:
Brown - 14% of total shots, 81% accuracy
Cameron - 16% of total shots, 73% accuracy
Casboult - 18% of total shots, 73% accuracy
Daniher - 17% of total shots, 75% accuracy
Hipwood - 11% of total shots, 70% accuracy
McInerney - 30% of total shots, 63% accuracy
McStay - 28% of total shots, 81% accuracy
Wright - 6% of total shots, 100% accuracy (but this is only 3 shots)

Shots 25-49m:
Brown - 64% of total shots, 63% accuracy
Cameron - 50% of total shots, 54% accuracy
Casboult - 45% of total shots, 57% accuracy
Daniher - 38% of total shots, 44% accuracy
Hipwood - 49% of total shots, 41% accuracy
McInerney - 60% of total shots, 56% accuracy
McStay - 53% of total shots, 46% accuracy
Wright - 38% of total shots, 53% accuracy

Shots 50+m:
Brown - 22% of total shots, 33% accuracy
Cameron - 34% of total shots, 36% accuracy
Casboult - 37% of total shots, 33% accuracy
Daniher - 46% of total shots, 18% accuracy
Hipwood - 40% of total shots, 41% accuracy
McInerney - 9% of total shots, 20% accuracy
McStay - 19% of total shots, 33% accuracy
Wright - 56% of total shots, 46% accuracy

I don't trust him as a contested mark over most of the other players on this list, but he kicks pretty well from distance. He has something to offer playing as a half-forward.
He has always been a great kick for goal if the ball is in his hand. It's just unlocking his physicality, he seemed a bit timid in 2019 at times for someone so big and seemed worried about throwing his body around, needs someone to get in his head.

Er, no he’s not. Don’t know where you got that from, but he definitely grew up as a Collingwood supporter.
Whilst true, I don't think that's an important consideration honestly

Whilst true, I don't think that's an important consideration honestly
No, it isn’t at all, at least most of the time. Just always find it funny when people come out with untrue claims about who a player supported to try to justify a reason to come to them.

No, it isn’t at all, at least most of the time. Just always find it funny when people come out with untrue claims about who a player supported to try to justify a reason to come to them.
Same. I mean, I think there's one trade that Essendon's been involved in the past decade where a player went to the club they supported as a kid, and that was Shaun Edwards coming to us.

Same. I mean, I think there's one trade that Essendon's been involved in the past decade where a player went to the club they supported as a kid, and that was Shaun Edwards coming to us.
The pies had the very unusual case of Howe who actually took less to come to Collingwood than he was being offered at GC, and Will Hoskin-Elliott was also a pies nuffie. But by and large it doesn’t matter. Tom Lynch and his entire family were all complete Collingwood tragics and look how that turned out.

The pies had the very unusual case of Howe who actually took less to come to Collingwood than he was being offered at GC, and Will Hoskin-Elliott was also a pies nuffie. But by and large it doesn’t matter. Tom Lynch and his entire family were all complete Collingwood tragics and look how that turned out.

Seen them at the Carlton game this year and were all in their Yellow & Black kits with the biggest smile's on their faces
It was like they were glowing after seeing the light ;)

He is a saints supporter & a need for us. Would throw up Carlisle & a pick for him. Carlisle has 3 season's left, so would provide valuable experience & big body in their backline & to their list. And Carlisle no longer fits our age requirement. Well, maybe Gunston does.

St. Kilda needs another 2-metre tall ruck/fwd?

I'm sure I heard him say in the media, in his draft year, that he would love to go to the Saints because he & his family were fans.

I'm sure I heard him say in the media, in his draft year, that he would love to go to the Saints because he & his family were fans.
Nope, there were two pies fans in the top 10 of his draft year who were hoping to be drafted by Collingwood. Him and Petracca.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suppose now, its up to you to prove his Collingwood connection haha
Hoards of Collingwood fans watched the clock tick away with bated breath during this year’s trade period as star midfielder Dayne Beams’ future hung in the balance.

Among them was Peter Wright, the Calder Cannons key forward who was tipped as a likely top 10 draft selection throughout the 2014 TAC Cup season.

5 second google search. I’m sure I could get something more substantial if I could be bothered, but I already know I’m right.

Interested in the ideas he's not willing to play in the ruck and not willing (or able) to defend if the ball rebounds out. Any evidence to back up these assertions? If true he's barely worth taking for free. Would suggest serious attitude issues.

Surely if he's after a new team he's not going to limit his options so severely by making demands about what he will and won't do on the field.

Interested in the ideas he's not willing to play in the ruck and not willing (or able) to defend if the ball rebounds out. Any evidence to back up these assertions? If true he's barely worth taking for free. Would suggest serious attitude issues.

Surely if he's after a new team he's not going to limit his options so severely by making demands about what he will and won't do on the field.
I think they meant he’s not willing to play as a full time ruck, rather than not at all. He’s always chopped out part time previously. Fair enough too, his forward craft is better than his rucking imo.

Richmond badly need someone to replace Soldo next year and help nankervis out.
If the rumours of Broad being a GC target, would a player swap be on the cards?
from all reports, he's not so enamoured with being a FT ruck.
But as a Jack replacement who supports Nank.....

Can't imagine how GCS fans would feel seeing Wright palm down to Prestia, hitting Lynch out on a lead in a GF :p

Also, we need talls more than you, so go away :p

Not a fan of playing in the ruck which sums up peter.
not a fan of physical contact.
is he any better than Shaun mckernan?

Must admit that the GCS are handling this with the upmost respect here.

Would an exchange of both our seconds be enough for both Brodie and Wright?

Back