Player Watch Pick #18 (2016) - Sam Powell-Pepper

Remove this Banner Ad

He's frustrating to watch tbh. It's great that hes a physical player, but he ends up doing more damage to himself than the opposition most weeks. That's not very useful.

He needs a lot of work with good coaches, i.e. not the ones we have, If he is going to reach his very high ceiling.

vs WCE, against Elliot Yeo
vs WCE JLT 1

So when else? Think you're just exaggerating a bit.

He's frustrating to watch tbh. It's great that hes a physical player, but he ends up doing more damage to himself than the opposition most weeks. That's not very useful.

He needs a lot of work with good coaches, i.e. not the ones we have, If he is going to reach his very high ceiling.
Awful post :thumbsdown:

Really excited to see what he does this year.

His clearance numbers were just insane early in the season, and with extra fitness he may be able to take that form all the way through to the middle or end of the year.

I think he will play more midfield minutes than anyone in the side.

He was immense last night, not for his skills, but for his effort and for being the player who constantly gave the Crows midfield the physical intimidation we needed. Without him we don’t have that.

He was fantastic!
He sought out physical contact at every opportunity and managed to move the ball on quickly whenever he got it.
Plus that goal :):):)

He’s kicked goals just like that a few times now (Sydney, Essendon last year come to mind). It’s a pretty nice trick to have especially when team defences are clogging up your forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back