Player Watch Pick #18 (2016) - Sam Powell-Pepper

Remove this Banner Ad

I flicked over to AA when I was in the car to the sports show and Mouse of Mouse Promotions came on almost straight away, and as he always does, talks about what's happening in WA, started with the Lobb situation then talked about SPP.

Said his pregnant girlfriend is from WA and is staying there, he wants to move back to be with her, WCE are interested in him but don't have the picks to get him out of Port. I thought to myself they have a 2nd round pick.

Looked up Lore's provisional pick spreadsheet and they have 10, 29 and 35. If Mouse is right then WCE know they have to give us something better than 29, but no way would they give up 10 for him.

Pep 2021 = Martin 2013

By 2013 Martin do you mean the Martin that had 6 games with 30+ disposals, 4 with 25-30 and kicked 23 goals?

If that’s what we got from Peps this year he’d be just behind Wines. Peps couldn’t be further from a Dusty type player even in his supposed down years.

He’s played 92 games and in only 7 of those has he got 25+ disposals and a high of 29.

That’s not even close to Martin 2013 when we combine the best of Peps whole career to his one season.

Would take WCE future second and bank the draft picks for next year.

By 2013 Martin do you mean the Martin that had 6 games with 30+ disposals, 4 with 25-30 and kicked 23 goals?

If that’s what we got from Peps this year he’d be just behind Wines. Peps couldn’t be further from a Dusty type player even in his supposed down years.

He’s played 92 games and in only 7 of those has he got 25+ disposals and a high of 29.

That’s not even close to Martin 2013 when we combine the best of Peps whole career to his one season.

Nope wasn't referring to output during the season, was referring to end of the year (to be fair I probably should have written "off-season 2013 Pep = off-season 2021 Martin").

In 2013 Martin, who was a high ceiling player with off-field issues considered a move to another club and had to make a big decision. In the end he opted to stay and stick by the club that supported him and reached his potential as a superstar.

I'm not saying Pep has the ceiling of Martin or will ever get to that level, in fact few ever have, but his decision for his career is at a similar crossroads and I hope he stays.

I flicked over to AA when I was in the car to the sports show and Mouse of Mouse Promotions came on almost straight away, and as he always does, talks about what's happening in WA, started with the Lobb situation then talked about SPP.

Said his pregnant girlfriend is from WA and is staying there, he wants to move back to be with her, WCE are interested in him but don't have the picks to get him out of Port. I thought to myself they have a 2nd round pick.

Looked up Lore's provisional pick spreadsheet and they have 10, 29 and 35. If Mouse is right then WCE know they have to give us something better than 29, but no way would they give up 10 for him.

Why would you get your gf pregnant if you live in different states?

Well planned and considered approach.

Move him on.

Admire the guys attack - we haven't had anything like it since Scott Selwood was at the club. I think he would be a player that would compliment an incredibly soft midfield unit over the past 3 seasons.

If Port/SPP were interested in the move then WC fans would definitely embrace him, see what happens next week :thumbsu:

I’d do 29 and a future second, sending a third rounder back.

Staying there? She lives with SPP in Adelaide and is currently taking on personal training clients in South Australia?

Reports that Ports into O'meara, that'd probably be a bit of a downer from SPP's perspective, guaranteed a lot less mid minutes.

Not sure WC would be looking to trade futures as next year's 1-10 meant to be a great crop, need currency!

West Coast know that its not really their priority nor their problem. And pick 29 will end up 27 and they need young mids and this draft has some decent ones around that pick.

And there is all the off field dramas. And SPP's questionable mates back home. And a decent contract $$ dated precovid Eagles dont have the space to cover.

So no they wont be offering up Oscar Allen (yes someone did mention them the same sentence).

Eagles list manager O'Brien stated not likely this year. So unless a future 3rd gets it done the Eagles will just get back to its prioritiy targets and look at it again in 12 months.

So supporters can walk away happy. SPP and young family not so much.

So no they wont be offering up Oscar Allen (yes someone did mention them the same sentence).

Lol are you still sulking over that?

Don't worry I'll turn out the lights and lock the door when I leave your head.

You can keep your glorified third tall :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d do 29 and a future second, sending a third rounder back.

Just
Lol are you still sulking over that?

Don't worry I'll turn out the lights and lock the door when I leave your head.

You can keep your glorified third tall :D

Mate, Im still enjoying that ridiculous suggestion you made that Oscar Allen is worth SPP in a straight trade. I cant help it if your bloody funny! Every poster outside this board I mention it too cant stop laughing either.

For a Mod you do make some very strange posts and emotional ones .........................just saying.

Maybe instead of turning lights off you should turn some on!

So thanks, more than happy to retain our future leading goal kicker for the next 10 years and future captain. And you guys can discuss how SPP is the best medical sub ever as he spends more time away from the club due to ongoing personal issues and being an interstate dad.

Absolutely no skin off my nose at all! ;) :)

Just

Mate, Im still enjoying that ridiculous suggestion you made that Oscar Allen is worth SPP in a straight trade. I cant help it if your bloody funny! Every poster outside this board I mention it too cant stop laughing either.

For a Mod you do make some very strange posts and emotional ones .........................just saying.

Maybe instead of turning lights off you should turn some on!

So thanks, more than happy to retain our future leading goal kicker for the next 10 years and future captain. And you guys can discuss how SPP is the best medical sub ever as he spends more time away from the club due to ongoing personal issues and being an interstate dad.

Absolutely no skin off my nose at all! ;) :)

Have enjoyed your total inability to justify any of your assertions and your continued obsession with my responses. :thumbsu:

Good luck with the third tall who is marginally better than Todd Marshall.

You run along now back to the land of make believe.

Admittedly I've only skimmed this thread but from what I understand Oscar Allen is 10 year old goal kicker with lights on his head and SPP is being forced to give up his child to the state. Man heavy times.

West Coast know that its not really their priority nor their problem. And pick 29 will end up 27 and they need young mids and this draft has some decent ones around that pick.

And there is all the off field dramas. And SPP's questionable mates back home. And a decent contract $$ dated precovid Eagles dont have the space to cover.

Eagles list manager O'Brien stated not likely this year. So unless a future 3rd gets it done the Eagles will just get back to its prioritiy targets and look at it again in 12 months.

So supporters can walk away happy. SPP and young family not so much.

Oscar who?

I might be delusional but I see SPP as the centre square mid with a burst of speed we are crying out for
I see him as a bloke that absolutely could be that guy but hasn't taken the opportunity with both hands. Needs a 100% focused off-season then needs to be that guy next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back