List Mgmt. Pick #5 - Welcome Adam Cerra [Traded to Carlton for 6 & F3]

Which brand of spud do we end up with (not if you want them or not)

• SPS

• Fisher

• Carroll

• Newnes

• Dow

• Nada

• Brackets McSpuddin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I know the obvious link people are making is Bolton if he wants to go to Richmond.

I think I would prefer Cam Coleman Jones and a pick tbh than Bolton.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Done! Freo would be fools to do that deal. Bolton is a star, Cam Coleman jones has some potential but has done nothing that indicates he'd be worth trading Cerra for. Even with a first round draft pick included.

This is all just bullshit talk and not likely to happen. Richmond supporters are just as worried about losing Boltonto Freo as Freo are losing Cerra.

And then we draft two elite midfielders to replace Mundy and Cerra with picks in the 16 to 20 range?

I rate Cerra. But honestly we have more glaring issues than the midfield.
What would be an appropriate trade if he does declare he wants to leave?

Two top ten picks would be fair for Cerra.

We actually do have a midfield issue, those quarters of noncompetitive footy costing us games are midfield issues. Mundy and Cerra are our best two kicks in the middle, both are mature bodied players we should expect full games from. Both are irreplaceable and we can't force four seasons of experience into a new draftee.

The midfield issues will be even more glaringly obvious than missing one mature body key forward while we have four mature body key backs, it's just that they aren't fit.

The solution to our issues isn't to have 6 AFL level key defenders, 4 AFL level key forwards and then a couple of young developing of each to cover for injury - that will burn a hole in our salary cap.

We do need to draft two more talls at least this off season, but losing the young midfielder who I think will be our best player in two years time will mean those talls aren't going to be any use because we will have even more midfield issues.

I would argue that isnt the case. The forward line can be fixed by adding a few KPFs and mid sized forwards. You can't replace a gun like Cerra without setting back our development for years, which ironically will be when some of our stars retire.

Done! Freo would be fools to do that deal. Bolton is a star, Cam Coleman jones has some potential but has done nothing that indicates he'd be worth trading Cerra for. Even with a first round draft pick included.

This is all just bullshit talk and not likely to happen. Richmond supporters are just as worried about losing Boltonto Freo as Freo are losing Cerra.
Straight swap work for you guys? For Bolton, not CJ

Treacy will become the KPF we've been waiting for since Pav
Get that Dockers fan in, that plays for Claremont in the draft, then a couple of other spots to fill.
Over to Walls

Two top ten picks would be fair for Cerra.

We actually do have a midfield issue, those quarters of noncompetitive footy costing us games are midfield issues. Mundy and Cerra are our best two kicks in the middle, both are mature bodied players we should expect full games from. Both are irreplaceable and we can't force four seasons of experience into a new draftee.

The midfield issues will be even more glaringly obvious than missing one mature body key forward while we have four mature body key backs, it's just that they aren't fit.

The solution to our issues isn't to have 6 AFL level key defenders, 4 AFL level key forwards and then a couple of young developing of each to cover for injury - that will burn a hole in our salary cap.

We do need to draft two more talls at least this off season, but losing the young midfielder who I think will be our best player in two years time will mean those talls aren't going to be any use because we will have even more midfield issues.
I dont think we would get two top 10s for Cerra, even with the old future 2nd going back. I think the best we could get was a pick between 5 and 10 and a sweetner which would vary depending on where the pick fell.

I would like to think if it was Richmond, we would tell them to do the leg work and get a top 10 pick using what they have, because a top 10 pick and change is the requirement. Richmond fans reading this and thinking they will get away with anything less than their two firsts this year (which will be s**t firsts) and change had better hope Cerra re-signs or doesnt pick them

I dont think we would get two top 10s for Cerra, even with the old future 2nd going back. I think the best we could get was a pick between 5 and 10 and a sweetner which would vary depending on where the pick fell.

I would like to think if it was Richmond, we would tell them to do the leg work and get a top 10 pick using what they have, because a top 10 pick and change is the requirement. Richmond fans reading this and thinking they will get away with anything less than their two firsts this year (which will be sh*t firsts) and change had better hope Cerra re-signs or doesnt pick them
I wouldn't be surprised if Hawthorn moving on Mitchell to Richmond is the merry go round that fuels Hawthorn's acquisition on relatively equal money to Fremantle's offer of Cerra.

I'd be looking to move into the top 5 picks

Cerra and 8 for

Roos 1 and 21
Hawks 2 and 22
Carltons 5 and future first

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be looking to move into the top 5 picks

Cerra and 8 for

Roos 1 and 21
Hawks 2 and 22
Carltons 5 and future first
IMO The only one of them I'd do is Roos 1 and 21, but no one trades 1, even if they a lot of the time they should. After pick 1, I think the consensus is you can throw a blanket over a about the next 8 players and we SHOULD be taking one of Williams/JVR with our first (but who ******* knows with us), one of which would be there at 8 so I'm not keen on upgrading our pick.

If we ended up holding pick #2 from Hawthorn then I would like to explore GWS coughing up #9, #10 (their Kelly compensation) and their 1st next season for #2.

Logan McDonald would be in play end of 2022 then with three first round picks in our hand.
I get where everyone is coming from. Cerra is a bloody gun!! But if we are resigned to losing him Then we need as many of those first rounders as we can get. I think it was Twomey the other day on a podcast. He mentioned Cerra being worth a top 10 first and a Second.

Straight swap work for you guys? For Bolton, not CJ
No thanks. Cerra is good, but not that good. I'd like to have Cerra but not for Bolton. I understand Freo needs to get the best they can, if Cerra decides to leave but that's a deal I'd rather not do. Happy to pay fair value but Bolton is an excitement machine I don't want to lose.

Last edited:
I would argue that isnt the case. The forward line can be fixed by adding a few KPFs and mid sized forwards. You can't replace a gun like Cerra without setting back our development for years, which ironically will be when some of our stars retire.
Bahahahaha.............

first time round here?

strong username to post correlation

I think you are entitled to expect roughly the value of pick 5 for Cerra, however that is made up by combining picks or pick trades or whatever.

Whoever mentioned Coleman-Jones from us, I just don’t see him fitting your needs given you have Taberner(imo criminally under-rated) Lobb and Treacy.

I watch a lot of Freo games and I think Cerra would be exactly the type of player you need to keep, given his excellent ball use. You have made a strong offer so that shows you value him highly. Watching players like Fyfe, Acres and Colyer regularly butcher the ball, I could see a player like Liam Baker - who is from WA and a great ball user - being of interest to the Dockers. Not that we would want to lose Baker, he is a terrific little player, but in theory, Baker and pick 18ish for Cerra might be a reasonable sort of deal.

Interesting, SEN have re-ranked the 2017 draft and have Baker and 8 and Cerra at 12. I think there is likely a bit of Premiership over-rating given to Baker in that, and he is two years older than Cerra as well, so I think it is reasonable to say Cerra is the more valuable player. But I think a deal like that, Baker and our least valuable first rounder for Cerra might suit both organisations. 😁

I watch a lot of Freo games and I think Cerra would be exactly the type of player you need to keep, given his excellent ball use. You have made a strong offer so that shows you value him highly. Watching players like Fyfe, Acres and Colyer regularly butcher the ball, I could see a player like Liam Baker - who is from WA and a great ball user - being of interest to the Dockers. Not that we would want to lose Baker, he is a terrific little player, but in theory, Baker and pick 18ish for Cerra might be a reasonable sort of deal.
Throw in a birds nest and handful of freezing cold gravel and you have a deal.

I think you are entitled to expect roughly the value of pick 5 for Cerra, however that is made up by combining picks or pick trades or whatever.

Whoever mentioned Coleman-Jones from us, I just don’t see him fitting your needs given you have Taberner(imo criminally under-rated) Lobb and Treacy.

Interesting, SEN have re-ranked the 2017 draft and have Baker and 8 and Cerra at 12. I think there is likely a bit of Premiership over-rating given to Baker in that, and he is two years older than Cerra as well, so I think it is reasonable to say Cerra is the more valuable player. But I think a deal like that, Baker and our least valuable first rounder for Cerra might suit both organisations. 😁
You clearly don't watch Freo enough if you think Fyfe butchers the ball (unless kicking for goal).

The rest of your post is just foolish - Baker is a role player. If we flip this around you'd be happy trading Bolton for pick 18 and Darcy Tucker?

Last edited:
You clearly don't watch Freo enough if you think Fyfe butchers the ball (unless kicking for goal).

The rest of your post is just foolish - Baker is a role player. If we flip this around you'd be happy tracking Bolton for pick 18 and Darcy Tucker?

So far he has played the roles of backline distributor, small forward and starting midfielder really well. So I would say he is a quality adaptable player. As I posted, SEN have rated him 8th best from the 2017 draft. Darcy Tucker is a pretty decent player but I don’t see anyone rating him in the top 10 in his draft. I think I can find 20 clearly ahead of him and another 10 at least who you could argue either way. But, you know, if you don’t want Baker, we will happily retain him, he is a jet. 😁. And pick 18 in the strongest draft ever. 😎

God, you just can’t help some people. 😂😂

Back