List Mgmt. Pick #5 - Welcome Adam Cerra [Traded to Carlton for 6 & F3]

Which brand of spud do we end up with (not if you want them or not)

• SPS

• Fisher

• Carroll

• Newnes

• Dow

• Nada

• Brackets McSpuddin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I still don't think he leaves but if he does and it's Richmond, we are going to bend them over Tim Kelly style. Of that I am 100% sure.

They are going to finish above us, so the PSD is out, especially since we would have more cap room. Not only that, but its a culture thing. They aren't going to leave him high and dry.

They have to trade and they will. I suspect if it happens it will be one where in hindsight we smashed the deal.

For Kelly Geelong ended up with picks at 16 18 27 38. Those have a total index value of 3238 points. The Eagles received in return picks taken at 58, and picks I would estimate around 40 and 54. These would have a total index value around 820 points. So the net total cost in draft points to the Eagles was around 2420 points. This is between pick 2 and pick 3, closer to pick 2.

I think current Cerra would be seen as a little less valuable than Kelly at the time of that trade. So I think that supports the value for Cerra being around draft pick 5. Which is I think about where most people have it.

If you just expressed it like that Kelly for pick 2 and a little going back or pick 3 plus a little then you can see the Eagles weren’t bent over as much as it seems when you just look at “all the picks” they gave up. I think two late first rounders amounting to around or just under 2000 draft index points after father-sons and other insertions are made is a reasonable return for Cerra. I wouldn’t consider that being bent over.

For Kelly Geelong ended up with picks at 16 18 27 38. Those have a total index value of 3238 points. The Eagles received in return picks taken at 58, and picks I would estimate around 40 and 54. These would have a total index value around 820 points. So the net total cost in draft points to the Eagles was around 2420 points. This is between pick 2 and pick 3, closer to pick 2.

I think current Cerra would be seen as a little less valuable than Kelly at the time of that trade. So I think that supports the value for Cerra being around draft pick 5. Which is I think about where most people have it.

If you just expressed it like that Kelly for pick 2 and a little going back or pick 3 plus a little then you can see the Eagles weren’t bent over as much as it seems when you just look at “all the picks” they gave up. I think two late first rounders amounting to around or just under 2000 draft index points after father-sons and other insertions are made is a reasonable return for Cerra. I wouldn’t consider that being bent over.
I suspect you will look a lot more reasonable than most Richmond fans if that happens.

To be clear, Baker is just an example of a player of roughly the right type of value to equalise a deal including a late first round pick. He is not a player I am seriously expecting to form a part of any deal. There are probably many and varied fair ways of getting a deal done between our two clubs if indeed the rumours I started are correct and Cerra is going to nominate Richmond. 😁

So a Blake Acres kinda quality?

Cerra would pick the worst year for other Victorian clubs. Carlton can’t get him, nor Collingwood with their picks limited. Richmond and Essendon probably only realistic targets.
Thought Cerra was keen on the 2 years

Baker finished 6th in our B & F last year in a Premiership year and is currently 186th ranked AFL player at AFL Stats Pro. So he is roughly rated around 9th-11th best in an average AFL team. At 23 years of age I think that makes him more valuable than what is euphemistically known as a role player.

Baker is probably no realistic chance, but this is the sort of thing I would be looking for in return for Cerra if I were Freo. A good pick and a good player.

Good little player Baker , Hoover’s the ball up like a vacuum cleaner

I’d be happy if he was part of a trade

You’re on the Freo BF board though , very snobby about pick numbers around these parts

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Good little player Baker , Hoover’s the ball up like a vacuum cleaner

I’d be happy if he was part of a trade

You’re on the Freo BF board though , very snobby about pick numbers around these parts

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
With Fyfe at 20, Neale at 58 and Ryan at 66 we're snobbish about pick numbers? Since when?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be clear, Baker is just an example of a player of roughly the right type of value to equalise a deal including a late first round pick. He is not a player I am seriously expecting to form a part of any deal. There are probably many and varied fair ways of getting a deal done between our two clubs if indeed the rumours I started are correct and Cerra is going to nominate Richmond.
I think the Baker trades an interesting proposition. I also think it shows the desires of every supporter ever.

Ultimately we all want to bring in stars for lesser quality. We're happy to package picks and lesser players for better ones.

I rate Baker, but if we lose Cerra I'd rather be upgrading him than downgrading him (no knock on Baker but for mine Cerras top 5 at our club and in Vic will have a 'pendles' type career).

For Freo fans - we'd rather package Cerra + a good pick for Bolton ... Richmond would rather Baker + a good pick for Cerra.

Reality is - these sort of deals very rarely eventuate with list managers either finding a better mix than fans or having their hands forced by players.

From a free fans perspective- if Cerra has to go then I'd be hellbent on Bolton but if Baker was the player there'd have to be a top 5/6 pick with him.

On SM-A217F using BigFooty.com mobile app

With all due respect To Cerra, they are 2 piss weak attempts to tackle.

And Touk Miller isn't exactly a renowned speedster.

I do like the boldness from Cez though, love to see him exert himself a little more. He reminds me a little of Stephen Hill in that he can be too passive for his immense skillset. Get more arrogant, Adam.

I think the Baker trades an interesting proposition. I also think it shows the desires of every supporter ever.

Ultimately we all want to bring in stars for lesser quality. We're happy to package picks and lesser players for better ones.

I rate Baker, but if we lose Cerra I'd rather be upgrading him than downgrading him (no knock on Baker but for mine Cerras top 5 at our club and in Vic will have a 'pendles' type career).

For Freo fans - we'd rather package Cerra + a good pick for Bolton ... Richmond would rather Baker + a good pick for Cerra.

Reality is - these sort of deals very rarely eventuate with list managers either finding a better mix than fans or having their hands forced by players.

From a free fans perspective- if Cerra has to go then I'd be hellbent on Bolton but if Baker was the player there'd have to be a top 5/6 pick with him.

On SM-A217F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think the top 5 or 6 pick is about right for Cerra. But if we gave you a pick like that you wouldn’t be getting any player we want to keep along with it.

I think the only way Bolton leaves Richmond is if he gets a massive offer too good to refuse and the Tigers just can’t get anywhere near it. I think that would entail making him the highest paid small forward/mid either ever, or since G Ablett Jnr. But if he is valued that highly then the trade price for a 22yo would be pretty serious, with a big premium attached to it. Bolton is unique talent really, I am not sure there are any truly comparable players going around. Whereas Cerra looks a very nice player but most clubs have a couple roughly similar. I think with Cerra, you have made him a great offer, so he is only not taking that offer if the go home factor is too strong for him. So it is a case of the player wanting out, not because he has a better offer, but for other reasons. So you wouldn’t attract a premium in a trade in that scenario, hopefully you get what the player is worth.

I am not really into raiding other clubs and I have enjoyed that element of the Tigers' success, that we have had so few players from other clubs.

I think the top 5 or 6 pick is about right for Cerra. But if we gave you a pick like that you wouldn’t be getting any player we want to keep along with it.

I think the only way Bolton leaves Richmond is if he gets a massive offer too good to refuse and the Tigers just can’t get anywhere near it. I think that would entail making him the highest paid small forward/mid either ever, or since G Ablett Jnr. But if he is valued that highly then the trade price for a 22yo would be pretty serious, with a big premium attached to it. Bolton is unique talent really, I am not sure there are any truly comparable players going around. Whereas Cerra looks a very nice player but most clubs have a couple roughly similar. I think with Cerra, you have made him a great offer, so he is only not taking that offer if the go home factor is too strong for him. So it is a case of the player wanting out, not because he has a better offer, but for other reasons. So you wouldn’t attract a premium in a trade in that scenario, hopefully you get what the player is worth.

I am not really into raiding other clubs and I have enjoyed that element of the Tigers' success, that we have had so few players from other clubs.

Cerra is still tracking up.
Cerra was pick 5 from memory & we have no interest in trading him.
You can have Bolton. He would be next to useless if he was back in Perth with all his old mates. Better for his career to stay over there.

Cerra leaving would be very disappointing.
Anything short of a kelly type trade would be quite depressing. We are heading towards the end of a long rebuild with cerra being a big piece in the puzzle.

If Bolton stays at richmond, good news for both clubs.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back