Please don't go Phillyroo

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep I think the increase in the cap is only going to help the top line players in all honesty as they are often too valuable to let go (to a degree).

I think our list is fairly solid but would still love another key forward. I know we get Yarran's contract off the books for 2018 and won't have a % of Deledio's to pay either. Add in 2 first rounders who will be on the minimum allowable and I think we are in reasonable shape.

I think we got lucky with Cotchin, Rance and Riewoldt who all took a hit of sorts to keep us in such a good position. Prestia was probably slightly overs but I think he adds a lot to our side.

As long as we've planned for increases to guys like Ellis, Vlastiun, Rioli, Asbury (never thought I'd suggest this), Lambert etc then we will be fine.

I've got a massive amount of faith in Balme & Richardson, and you can see in such a short time how they've turned this club around in addition to fantastic leadership of Brendan Gale & Peggy O'Neal.

Good luck for next season, I know a rebuild is something foreign to North (as I've always ever associated North with finals and one of those clubs that doesn't need to rebuild), but it's what you need to do. Bring in the draft picks and develop your existing kids and then once you realise where the gaps are, fill them with a-grade talent via free agency or trading.

Some very promising kids on your list so it won't be long before they make the jump
Sorry, not trying to derail this thread but you seriously have faith in Dan Richardson? The same Dan Richardson who a few years ago defined success as making the finals a couple of times (not winning one) and admitted that was the strategy of the list management team?? It blows my mind that that guy still has a job let alone fans who like him.

P.S. Phillyroo just stay mate

Sorry, not trying to derail this thread but you seriously have faith in Dan Richardson? The same Dan Richardson who a few years ago defined success as making the finals a couple of times (not winning one) and admitted that was the strategy of the list management team?? It blows my mind that that guy still has a job let alone fans who like him.

He didn't define that as success, he had admitted that the club had buckled to external (fan) pressure to make finals which is why he said what he said.

I'm certain that he's a good operator in terms of list management etc so yes I do have faith in him.

Yea he s done a shocking job re signing every one of our stars that fell into FA despite godfather offers from rivals , Martin, Cotchin, Rance and Riewoldt :huh:

If you think it will change Philly's mind

Well we need something to cheer us all up around here. No Dusty, looks like no Kelly, we're now talking Miles, but will probably end up with Taylor Hunt. in which case we desperately need some icing on the cake. (Although Hunt is more spud than cake.)

Well we need something to cheer us all up around here. No Dusty, looks like no Kelly, we're now talking Miles, but will probably end up with Taylor Hunt. in which case we desperately need some icing on the cake. (Although Hunt is more spud than cake.)

How does it look like "no Kelly"? From what I can see, nothing has changed with regard to Kelly since we made the offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does it look like "no Kelly"? From what I can see, nothing has changed with regard to Kelly since we made the offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because I prefer no further disappointment this trade period. Better to accept the worst than live in most likely false expectations. Besides all those experts in the media are telling us so, so they would be right wouldn't they?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back