Political Discussion part #2 - Let’s go out for 10 Big Macs at the Engadine Maccas!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indeed, balancing a budget left in disarray after years of SA ALP mis-management.

Miracle worker!

and then Labor will have to overspend again to kickstart the state once it's come to a griding halt like what happened back in the late 90s.

They need to find a way to keep the wheel turning rather than the perpetual stop start that seems to happen.

"overspend".

Curious and outright misleading characterisation of the state bank debacle.

Looking back selling BankSA and ETSA was a far bigger debacle financially for the state.

The billions that we're losing every year in lost revenue for a quick pay day back in the day is criminal.

Last edited:
Looking back selling BankSA and ETSA was a far bigger debacle financially for the state.

The billions that we're losing every year in lost revenue for a quick pay day back in the is criminal.

A quick pay day is selling the MAC to balance a budget after letting public service expenditure getting out of control.

Look at the downgrades in the credit rating following the state bank and the consequent borrowing costs.

That's astonishingly simplistic economic reasoning.

ETSA was a necessary pill brought on by Bannon's State Bank Collapse.

You guys want to see a real poltician, a politician of substance in action go check out the youtube highlights of the Canadian PM. Especially check out his trip to India - brilliant!

A quick pay day is selling the MAC to balance a budget after letting public service expenditure getting out of control.

Look at the downgrades in the credit rating following the state bank and the consequent borrowing costs.

That's astonishingly simplistic economic reasoning.

ETSA was a necessary pill brought on by Bannon's State Bank Collapse.

The most incompetent treasure the fed gov has ever had is Peter Costello.

It's interesting that Lucas is cutting taxes for the rich and funding it by cutting services to the poor and raising housing trust rent

Explain that

The most incompetent treasure the fed gov has ever had is Peter Costello.

It's interesting that Lucas is cutting taxes for the rich and funding it by cutting services to the poor and raising housing trust rent

Explain that
Which taxes is he cutting for the rich?

What services is he cutting for the poor?

How much is housing trust rent and how much is it going up for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which taxes is he cutting for the rich?

What services is he cutting for the poor?

How much is housing trust rent and how much is it going up for?
He's taken my analysis of SA pathology & SAMI... ;)

I haven’t seen anything to do with the budget except the headlines, care to elaborate?
Both have been asked to improve their efficiency or face privatisation. Their management have been talk for so long & have not changed. Radiology services were cheaper before they were amalgamated!

SA Health to lose 10% of staff in head office. Honestly won't be hard if you picked the right staff. I could give a list of people whom they would operate better without them! ;)

What is going to be really interesting will be the Korda Mentha report on the CALHN & whether they can get real change. It's going to take at least 3 years & strong leadership to clean-up this mess, which has been exacerbated by the RAH move, PPP contracts, EPAS debacle...

Last edited:
I don't know why they thought that changing the captain of a sinking ship was going to make a difference? If they were clever (which they clearly are not) they would have waited for the ship to sink under Malcolm, he steps aside (as all leaders do after a political rout) and one of the two become new leader. Minimal blood shed, and they can get about the business of rebuilding the club (sorry, party) from opposition. This way... Morrison will face the wrath of the party after the rout... and his leadership will be under constant threat given he's left the biggest agitator of them all (TAbbott) in the wings. Dutton was just TAbbott's pawn.

Plan A - win government
Plan B - if we can't win government, save as many seats as possible

WTF were they thinking, it's so bleedingly simple. They've went with plan C, but there's no plan C, just option 3, complete annihilation at the next election.

Talk about holding a grudge.

The Liberal party is in shambles and deserve to be chucked out - 3 PMs in less than 5 years (Abbott, Turnbull and now Morrison) - even worse than the ALP who had two in 6 years (Rudd and Gillard).

Where the **** are our true leaders of this nation?

ALP had the same number of PM changes though, they just went back to Rudd after Gillard. This is where Malcolm can't complain about getting knifed, the script had already been written for him.

Marshall is all class, sending FOI requests for Bob Such after he was diagnosed with his brain tumour.

https://indaily.com.au/news/local/2...y-tacky-to-me-libs-sought-files-on-sick-such/

Really can't see the big deal. Obviously SOP and Such was still a member of Parliament and drawing a wage. It's not like he was dead. Even then, I'd expect anything to come from it wouldn't be about Such anyway. And if it was, tough bickies, that's public life, you don't get a pass because you get crook.

I obviously don’t but on this issue are they (Libs) willing to negotiate? They (Libs) might have the attitude, which is certainly possible given their history of a born to rule mentality, it’s our way or the highway. Is that not also a possibility?

I'd like to think they're not that stupid. If you don't control the upper house then you must know that everything you want to pass will require a negotiation.

It kind of is. While the ABC has long been perceived as being the bastion of the left, over the years it has given plenty of airtime to IPA think-tank members such as Tim Wilson and Georgina Downer who have always taken the opportunity to defend the Liberal Party and their similarly aligned policy agenda. Turnbull also seemed to get a very easy run during his time as PM, with ABC interviewer seemingly smitten with the man giving him a much lower level of scrutiny compared to how previous PMs like Abbott or Gillard were treated.

It’s not just the ABC either. Left leaning news outlets like the Guardian’s also seemed to be give Turnbull a free pass, with Katherine Murphy being the chief apologist. After the byelections, New Politics released a good piece on the state of political journalism: http://newpolitics.com.au/2018/07/30/media-fail-and-the-last-days-of-malcolm-turnbull/

I've seen a number of those on Insiders. It's something that someone does periodically. It's a bit like talking pictures, just not done as often. It bears no relevance to any big picture discussions on the ABC.

I'd like to think they're not that stupid. If you don't control the upper house then you must know that everything you want to pass will require a negotiation.

We are talking about politicians so anything is possible and some people no matter where they stand in society just try and bully their way thru. We all come across it quite regularly where one will try and get their way no matter how - whether it be by intimidation, yelling, belittling. I sincerely hope that isn't the case but I don't ever discount it, ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back