Play Nice Politics #3 - Covideo killed the radio star

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the guy who won the Noble Peace prize and is the darling of the Left.
"darling of the Left"
*Links an article from The Guardian calling out Obama for his appalling bombing record*

Your problem is you think corporate mainstream media agencies represent the left-wing simply because they call out Trump for his bullshit and were kinder about Obama's (far less crazy, but still unethical) bullshit. The coverage of Bernie Sanders (consistently, measurably far less positive than that given to Clinton and Biden and other more centrist candidates) during the last two democratic primaries by those same news agencies should give you a bit of a clue as to exactly how they feel about social policies that benefit the general public over the super-wealthy. CNN, MSNBC etc. ain't left wing - they're status-quo. And the status-quo right now is governments facilitating the continued existence of utterly disgusting wealth-inequality levels that benefit the tax-dodging corporate owners of those news networks while the average person gets less and less in return for their own tax dollars.

Democracy has been utterly wrecked by corporate lobbying and campaign funding and the media is such a big part of that.

Back in the 90s, democracy was on the rise around the world. That's changed. Confidence in democracy is at an all time low. Globally, freedom and the rule of law are in decline, replaced by nationalism and populism - the most extreme examples being Turkey, multiple African and Central Asian nations and, more recently, India under Modi.

This is happening as the big country in the middle of East Asia has risen to challenge the U.S. as the world's largest economy, selling an alternative of growth and prosperity through stability of government over individual rights. With their own growth finally slowing, however, along with some certain well publicised examples close to home of people refusing to buy into their model, nationalism is ramping up there too in a big way... I think we're all becoming more aware of what that could be leading to...

Unfortunately for the world, there's nobody that embodies the failings of democratic systems better than Trump, who, amongst his other flaws, has a bizarre habit of talking up authoritarians and belongs to a party who have been doing their absolute best to make sure black/latino people can't get to the polling station. He is absolutely not the person the free world needs in charge right now and, throughout the pandemic, has been on TV nightly making a ******* fool of himself and giving those leaders who don't want us believing in democracy an enormous amount of ammunition to work with. Believe me - where I'm living right now I see it daily.

Democracy is, and always has been, something that requires the belief of the people. It needs populations willing to fight for it. Trump just does so much to erode that belief at an international level. So no, I don't have fond memories of Obama. But Trump's handling of the pandemic has absolutely made me miss those times.

Last edited:
You still don't get it do you. Trump is no better or worse then Obama/Bush or Clinton but where was the fanatical outrage and condemnation when Clinton was raping and Obama was bombing countries like Libya back into the 18th century. You take the moral high ground against Trump because he is brash and arrogant but where was your outrage when Obama and his allies were bombing Yemeni weddings.
The others may not have been perfect, or even half-way good, but there's no moral or ethical standard by which Trump does not claim the low ground - and he's 20 levels deep in the basement on most standards.

That anyone could compare Trump's record with that of any previous President, of any persuasion, and draw the conclusion that they are anywhere near parity, is simply staggering. Trump's is the most morally & ethically bankrupt, and completely corrupted, Presidency that the USA has ever had. The man is completely unfit for office.

Imagine still defending Trump after all this time. What is it it for people, just the fun of arguing or trolling?

No, just below average IQ. Pretty simple if you back Trump you have lower than average intelligence.

The smarter individuals in the USA resides in the states of Washington, California, Massachusetts and New York - all Democrat strongholds. All the red necks, with lower IQs, are in the midWest and Southern states.

The comment was he didn't close the borders into New York - he can't, he can only close the international borders and he did that for China in January then it was March when he closed the borders to Europe. Like plenty of other countries, they were late in closing the borders to all other countries - we didn't close ours until mid march from memory either

If you read the comment I originally made it was in reference to international borders as clear reference was made to Europe.

The failure of all developed countries in closing their borders (inc ours) earlier cost lives and enabled the spread of Covid19. They were concerned with the economic impact rather than the health impact initially and we will pay the price as it will cost us billions of $$$$ in the long run. The next generation will be paying for it in higher taxes or reduced services.

Trump is certainly far from a saint, on the statesman front he stinks but Obama is is a long way from the pristine demigod the left would have us believe and that applies to Clinton as well. Reagan is the last really great leader the U.S. had, certainly a lot better than those that have followed.

I thought people referred to Reagan as being a puppet. I thought the first Bush seemed ok, his kid seemed a bit dim. I really liked Obama, but I know nothing of his politics.

Well a Trump didn’t close the borders into New York where most of the infections came from Europe. A massive failure of leadership in anyone’s language by Trump.

Continue your delusion with the Orange One.

pretty sure he suggested it and the New York guy told him to * of, and that he doesn’t have the constitutional power to do it.

As I said, Trump had the power to close international borders. He took his time, as did most Western leaders.

If he did what most did it hardly seems worthy of mention then. The states are who have the power to lock communities down and they’ve seemed to do pretty badly. Trump’s messaging has been woeful and he’s made it harder for the community to accept lock down with his outrageous claims. But their appalling result is largely on the individual state leaders.

If he did what most did it hardly seems worthy of mention then. The states are who have the power to lock communities down and they’ve seemed to do pretty badly. Trump’s messaging has been woeful and he’s made it harder for the community to accept lock down with his outrageous claims. But their appalling result is largely on the individual state leaders.

But he wasn’t able to co-ordinate anything and as a national leader that is his failure. Yes, States bear some responsibility but they got no help from the Federal govt in the earlier stages.

Trump should pay the ultimate price later this year and then we can consign him to a nice jail cell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But he wasn’t able to co-ordinate anything and as a national leader that is his failure. Yes, States bear some responsibility but they got no help from the Federal govt in the earlier stages.

Trump should pay the ultimate price later this year and then we can consign him to a nice jail cell.

There’s 50 odd states. Even though we got strong consensus here, we still saw a couple of states deviate from the national cabinet here and there. It’s on the states, end of story, not “some responsibility”, almost all. No different to here. Except that our states didn’t have to put up with ScoMo undermining the decisions at every turn.

Why are antifa and the left wing rioters attacking their own media headquarters

Has it ever crossed your mind that it just isn’t leftists protesting? There are also right wing extremists and anarchists as well as lefties involved in these protests.

During the day, the protests are peaceful then at night the protests become violent.

In fact, MN Chief of Police has stated many of the arrests are white nationalists.

Who would have thought?

Last edited:
Has it ever crossed your mind that it just isn’t leftists protesting? There are also right wing extremists and anarchists as well as lefties involved in these protests.

During the day, the protests are peaceful then at night the protests become violent.

In fact, MN Chief of Police has stated many of the arrests are white nationalists.

Who would have thought?

Last edited:
How does the government not officially apologise for the illegal robodebt scheme? Have they not even basic standards of decency?

That’s been obvious for years - and that goes back to Little Johnny refusing to apologise for the Stolen Generation.

You only have to look at their bungling of JobKeeper, with the message being clear - if your employer stuffed up the paperwork, we’ll be pursuing the employees for the money.

That’s been obvious for years - and that goes back to Little Johnny refusing to apologise for the Stolen Generation.

You only have to look at their bungling of JobKeeper, with the message being clear - if your employer stuffed up the paperwork, we’ll be pursuing the employees for the money.
I don't really have an issue with the morality of them needing to recover the money. It's just that they will be trying to squeeze blood out of a stone. How will they go recovering the money if we're in the middle of an economic downturn? Clamping down too hard at the wrong time seems like a sure fire way to get yourself booted out of government.

Who would have thought?

All the protesting nutters would be out in force. The far left and the far right love an opportunity to throw rocks and damage s**t. w***ers all.

How does the government not officially apologise for the illegal robodebt scheme? Have they not even basic standards of decency?

I honestly don’t understand how it happened. I get that the averaging issue is what it’s built upon. But surely before issuing or recovering a debt, they’d have needed to calculate the real debt based upon the actual fortnight to fortnight rules. I understand using the automated system to identify potential issues, but alone it’s not enough to determine an actual debt. I don’t care that they don’t apologise, but word is that nobody at all has walked the plank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back