Play Nice Politics # 4 - The madness continues here.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

Abusing and/or trolling other posters in this thread will not be tolerated from this point on.

Debate away and continue to have strong opinions, but abusing posters ie calling them idiots/stupid etc or trolling posters by laugh liking their posts will not be tolerated going forward.

Last edited:
Yes, there are consequences for actions. You issue inflammatory tweets as a leader of a country and expect no response? A few rocks thrown from hundreds of metres away by a few protestors? My goodness what an attack on the White House. Get real.

And no, I’m got all my faculties. A clean bill of health and never felt fitter in my life.
blah blah blah..hypocrite..and its all in the posts above. You can't support an attack on a democratic institution and then condemn one and not look really bad.....oh dear

Floyd “protests“ were the costliest civil disorder in US history, damage between 1 and 2 billion across 140 cities.

Nineteen people died in the first two weeks of the “protests”

Kirky never lets the facts get in the way of his posts, though.

Agitating for police reform is a legitimate grievance. That doesn't make the rioting okay but I'm at least sympathetic to the cause. America does need to overhaul it's police. A bunch of redneck chuds and conspiracy weirdos storming the capitol because they either couldn't handle losing an election, or were just gullible enough to believe it was actually stolen, is not a legitimate grievance. It's just an embarrassing tantrum.

Speaking of embarrassing, this is how Trump spends his days now. A washed up, irrelevant hack, playing his old hits to an audience of mouth breathers.

HwsbKuR.png

1671.jpg

XFqHtXE.jpg

Agitating for police reform is a legitimate grievance. That doesn't make the rioting okay but I'm at least sympathetic to the cause. America does need to overhaul it's police. A bunch of redneck chuds and conspiracy weirdos storming the capitol because they either couldn't handle losing an election, or were just gullible enough to believe it was actually stolen, is not a legitimate grievance. It's just an embarrassing tantrum.

Pretty sure there were lots of dimwits who marched against the previous election result chanting all sorts of crazy stuff and being very angry at not winning. I feel a bit for US police, they kill far too many people, but far too many people have access to guns in that country. I think it's probably the inevitable consequence of policing that society.

So the CMO and the government have weighed the options and after doing everything possible to save lives this past year have decided that some deaths are OK as long as they happen in another country and they have brown skin. Already 50 have died overseas aided by the travel bans and now about 9000 that are stuck in a country with an overwhelmed hospital system, are denied safety in Australia, which has under 5 people currently in ICU across the country. Meanwhile the US is focussing on returning endangered citizens from India. Australia seals them to their fate. Plus adds huge fines and imprisonment if they somehow manage to find a way home.

Since it’s just a game, and only a game,

View attachment 1118155

This is from Sept 2019, did dear old Jenny plan to punch

a) her kids
b) the Prime Minister
c) visiting members of the Royal Family?
I don’t get it. She’s holding her daughters hand. Can you explain this post please and what your motives are.

Pretty sure there were lots of dimwits who marched against the previous election result chanting all sorts of crazy stuff and being very angry at not winning. I feel a bit for US police, they kill far too many people, but far too many people have access to guns in that country. I think it's probably the inevitable consequence of policing that society.
I seem to remember the war cry was “Not my President” or something like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having legitimate concerns about a vaccine that causes blood clotting is a far cry from being an anti-vaxxer.

I'm in no way an anti vaxxer in fact I just had my flu shot this week, but I was never in a hurry to get the Covid Vax and the last 24 hours have reinforced that

Yeah same here. I'm pro-vaccine but I wouldn't touch that Astra Zeneca sh*t with a 50 foot barge pole.

False equivalency. Im pro vaccine. Ill just pass on that Astra s**t as its been deemed unsafe for people in my age group. Will get my covid jab when its rolled out. Getting my flu jab in a couple days too.

So the CMO and the government have weighed the options and after doing everything possible to save lives this past year have decided that some deaths are OK as long as they happen in another country and they have brown skin. Already 50 have died overseas aided by the travel bans and now about 9000 that are stuck in a country with an overwhelmed hospital system, are denied safety in Australia, which has under 5 people currently in ICU across the country. Meanwhile the US is focussing on returning endangered citizens from India. Australia seals them to their fate. Plus adds huge fines and imprisonment if they somehow manage to find a way home.

Absolute disgrace... and Marise Payne has the gall to lie to the Australian people and say that the decision wasn't based on race, despite the USA & UK both having had higher infection rates last year with no travel bans being declared.

It may not be consciously racist, but they are definitely racist on a subconscious level, and always have been.

What they should have done was to have Federal owned and operated facilities capable of dealing with this number of infected returnees. Instead, they choose the lazy, morally and ethically bankrupt option.

... and now they're foisting the only Federally operated quarantine facility onto the NT Govt.

Anything to avoid taking responsibility for doing their *****ing jobs.

On SM-T510 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Absolute disgrace... and Marise Payne has the gall to lie to the Australian people and say that the decision wasn't based on race, despite the USA & UK both having had higher infection rates last year with no travel bans being declared.

It may not be consciously racist, but they are definitely racist on a subconscious level, and always have been.

What they should have done was to have Federal owned and operated facilities capable of dealing with this number of infected returnees. Instead, they choose the lazy, morally and ethically bankrupt option.

... and now they're foisting the only Federally operated quarantine facility onto the NT Govt.

Anything to avoid taking responsibility for doing their *****ing jobs.

On SM-T510 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Here’s a bit of a thought and observation. I ain’t no analyst on this. just a concerned dude with skin in the game.
Exit exemptions requested 230,000, since border restrictions started in March 2020. 119,000 granted. So 50/50 chance of getting one. Just apply again if your denied, you’ll likely get one.
We did briefly ban flights from the UK when the UK variant was new and scary. Qatar Airlines immediately stopped flights to Australia.
It seems to me if you ban flights from a certain country or don’t allow people to exit the country, Airlines will not fly here. They require passengers to fly both directions otherwise they will not run routes to Australia.
So there’s a lot of bluster and fear being spread by media. People are under the impression you can’t fly currently, it’s not really true. 25% of entries to Australia currently are non citizens.

Government today states its highly unlikely that fines or imprisonments will be applied to citizens coming from India.
Since Covid has started zero people have been charged under the bio security act. Surely someone has been naughty but I think it’s just a load of crap that these rules will be implemented. Scare tactics.

Here’s a bit of a thought and observation. I ain’t no analyst on this. just a concerned dude with skin in the game.
Exit exemptions requested 230,000, since border restrictions started in March 2020. 119,000 granted. So 50/50 chance of getting one. Just apply again if your denied, you’ll likely get one.
We did briefly ban flights from the UK when the UK variant was new and scary. Qatar Airlines immediately stopped flights to Australia.
It seems to me if you ban flights from a certain country or don’t allow people to exit the country, Airlines will not fly here. They require passengers to fly both directions otherwise they will not run routes to Australia.
So there’s a lot of bluster and fear being spread by media. People are under the impression you can’t fly currently, it’s not really true. 25% of entries to Australia currently are non citizens.

Government today states its highly unlikely that fines or imprisonments will be applied to citizens coming from India.
Since Covid has started zero people have been charged under the bio security act. Surely someone has been naughty but I think it’s just a load of crap that these rules will be implemented. Scare tactics.
Maybe, maybe not.

The USA had days of 300,000+ cases in January this year, from a population of 330M. India has hit 400k, but that's from a population of 1.4B. If the India's per capita rate was the same as India's, then they'd be looking at more than 1M cases per day. OK... India probably is at 1M per day, given under-reporting... but anyone who believes that the USA wasn't also under-reporting is a fool (albeit not to the same extent as India).

Despite having (probably) comparable case loads, there were no new laws introduced (even if they are little more than scare tactics) preventing people returning from the USA or UK.

I'm not sure what the point was of introducing these laws, if they're never expecting them to be enforced? That's just self-defeating stupidity. Then again, we are talking about Bozo the Clown and his Muppet Show.

This Govt has a long history of treating people from brown countries (Aboriginals, Africans, Asians) differently from people who come from white countries (Europe, USA). They're probably doing it on a subconscious level, but our stale pale Govt is extremely racist in its outcomes.

Bozo's response that nobody would be charged smacks of a weak response, after copping backlash from all quarters - from sportsmen (Slater), all the way through to RWNJ shock jocks (Bolt). He knows what he did is morally & ethically bankrupt, and almost certainly illegla, so now he's backpedaling as hard & fast as he possibly can.

Does anybody want to pretend doing this to kids is normal? And that having a barely compos mentis president walking around pretending it’s normal is a good thing?

It probably makes the kids feel like they’re riding a Honda Goldwing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back