Play Nice Politics # 4 - The madness continues here.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

Abusing and/or trolling other posters in this thread will not be tolerated from this point on.

Debate away and continue to have strong opinions, but abusing posters ie calling them idiots/stupid etc or trolling posters by laugh liking their posts will not be tolerated going forward.

Last edited:

If you don't want to answer the question you can just say so.

The answer is so obviously uncontroversial that I’m inclined to question the faith in which the question was asked.

Why do immigrants, legal or illegal, matter to me?

Why the hell shouldn’t they? Almost all countries, particularly Australia, have carefully controlled systems of immigration. Citizenship isn’t just granted on a whim, and the intake numbers aren’t just plucked out of the sky (well, they are if you’re a Democrat, but I digress...)

How you come into a country matters. Why you came into the country matters. Where you came from matters. Your criminal record matters. Your character background matters. How long you are planning to stay matters. And whether you intend to work or not matters.

Have you ever been overseas? Did you notice how they stamped your passport, asked what your purpose for being in the country was, asked how long you’d be there, and told you when you had to leave?

Did you just consider ignoring all that? Did you think it was all just for fun and not relevant to a country’s security and sovereignty?

Last edited:
How you come into a country matters. Why you came into the country matters. Where you came from matters. Your criminal record matters. Your character background matters. How long you are planning to stay matters. And whether you intend to work or not matters.

If that's the case then I'm sure you'll agree that all the people descended from those that colonized North America from Europe, those that founded the United States, all those people should leave then.

If that's the case then I'm sure you'll agree that all the people descended from those that colonized North America from Europe, those that founded the United States, all those people should leave then.

You could ask them, but considering they founded - and then fostered - civilization’s foremost federal republic, it’s greatest representative democracy and its most advanced economic & military superpower, I don’t like your chances that they’ll oblige.

You could ask them, but considering they founded - and then fostered - civilization’s foremost federal republic, it’s greatest representative democracy and its most advanced economic & military superpower, I don’t like your chances that they’ll oblige.

Then it is perfectly fine that they get take in as many immigrants as they get.

It is an interesting point wet lettuce brings up though...its a bit like those people today that want to deny people cheap energy around the world in the name of climate change yet they themselves benefited from it to make their fortune and they then sit back and moralise to those less fortunate. Should they pay back the money they made on the back of cheap power..i guess we can ask them but i dont like our chances. Applying the issues of today to the past never works

Further to the above..we know that climate change is world wide issue and habits change..it is the same for migration. Just because people came before most certainly does not mean a country has to just welcome everyone hence why sane people want borders and controlled migration and not the total and utter sh1t show the current US administration have made of it

Last edited:
It is an interesting point wet lettuce brings up though...its a bit like those people today that want to deny people cheap energy around the world in the name of climate change yet they themselves benefited from it to make their fortune and they then sit back and moralise to those less fortunate. Should they pay back the money they made on the back of cheap power..i guess we can ask them but i dont like our chances. Applying the issues of today to the past never works

Is there a topic you aren't ignorant about? Haven't seen it yet. It is amazing. I'd think you're a troll account, but you're just so consistently wrong, it is really impressive. Well done. You're the almond to Slippery Pete's Pete Evans.

Is there a topic you aren't ignorant about? Haven't seen it yet. It is amazing. I'd think you're a troll account, but you're just so consistently wrong, it is really impressive. Well done. You're the almond to Slippery Pete's Pete Evans.
Funny we were all thinking how pig thick ignorant you are on anything politics related..and you keep proving us absolutely right. Your ability to argue coherently is,well, dire. But we have managed to glean that you are all for open borders and like marxist government. Good for you

Last edited:
No, why do immigrants, legal or illegal matter to you?

Especially ones in another country.
I personally think it hurts the common man by driving down wages via supply and demand. Then you get a Trump because of the basic population struggling and looking for answers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m much younger and not as good a cook.

You accuse CTID of being a troll, when your specialty is to cruise around threads dropping drive-by gotcha questions.

Kirky might be a boomer with a wine cellar who watches too much CNN, but at least we know where he stands (when you aren’t tearing him a new one about gay pride round).

Is there a topic you aren't ignorant about? Haven't seen it yet. It is amazing. I'd think you're a troll account, but you're just so consistently wrong, it is really impressive. Well done.
I really hope for his sake he is just a troll. He has a real talent for bad takes. I remember even Elite Crow, who was essentially 'operation human shield' for conservatives, called him out over his Trump related posts.

So... the Federal Govt has cancelled the Victorian Government's Belt & Road Initiative agreement with China. Fair enough - no argument from me.

What I want to know is this: why haven't they cancelled the NT Govt's decision to lease the Port of Darwin to a Chinese company for 99 years? This contract is far more critical to Australia's national security, yet all we hear from the Feds are crickets chirping.

So... the Federal Govt has cancelled the Victorian Government's Belt & Road Initiative agreement with China. Fair enough - no argument from me.

What I want to know is this: why haven't they cancelled the NT Govt's decision to lease the Port of Darwin to a Chinese company for 99 years? This contract is far more critical to Australia's national security, yet all we hear from the Feds are crickets chirping.
Given what we have learnt about China, we should not be selling key infrastructure/businesses to them which put at risk our national security.

Monday's 4 Corners showed China's lack of transparency on the true nature of the outbreak of COVID (failing to notify the UN with 24 hours of the initial outbreak as required, etc)... which is the key reason the world is now in a mess with a record number of cases this week, as other countries were unable to act early as needed to prevent a pandemic.

International sanctions should be applied, as they have cost millions of lives, illness, financially & way of life. There should be ramifications so countries don't go rogue to protect their own self interests.

Given what we have learnt about China, we should not be selling key infrastructure/businesses to them which put at risk our national security.

Monday's 4 Corners showed China's lack of transparency on the true nature of the outbreak of COVID (failing to notify the UN with 24 hours of the initial outbreak as required, etc)... which is the key reason the world is now in a mess with a record number of cases this week, as other countries were unable to act early as needed to prevent a pandemic.

International sanctions should be applied, as they have cost millions of lives, illness, financially & way of life. There should be ramifications so countries don't go rogue to protect their own self interests.
1000%..although where we have already sold infrastructure to them it will be hard to unwind that..but if there is a way it can be done, then all the better.

There is also an airfield they (chinese) bought over in WA near one of our military bases..that worries me

1st Pfizer vaccine done... feeling ok in recovery touch wood.
I’m putting a kitchen in a nurses house this week. Visibly under the weather for the last few days after her second Pfizer shot on Monday.

Lebron james showing what a race baiter he really is - thankfully he is being called out by many for his attack on a white police officer who prevented a black woman from stabbing another black woman right before she was about to be stabbed. You would think people like James in these times would wait for the facts before wrongly targeting that cop by posting his picture and the slogan he used for his 100+ million followers to see

I’m putting a kitchen in a nurses house this week. Visibly under the weather for the last few days after her second Pfizer shot on Monday.
The side effects of the drug are known to be like that, especially for the 2nd Pfizer dose. Unlike AZ though, these side effects won't kill you.

Contract written by the Coalition Government in the NT and overseen by the Canberra masters. Crickets indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back