C Section Premier C - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got down for the Monash/Ormond game. I can confirm it was a horribly over umpired game for both sides and it ruined the flow. Monash got a few goals from free kicks and in a game where scoring was tough it turned out to be the difference. Ormond lacking options forward with Tolongs and Cathcart out. I must say though, Monash have one of the most impressive defensive set ups I have seen for a while. Big quick players, do not get beaten much and great on the ground. Ormond much the same. While it was windy, both teams clearly the best defences going around and it was great to watch. I was surprised to see Mac get BOG. I thought he was actually well handled. I was also surprised to see King in the best, would have thought Ormond's CHB won that match up all day. Very evenly matched teams.

Any idea what is happening down in Hampton? Fallen right back into the pack. Warby back for Mazenod seems to be making a difference.

Got down for the Monash/Ormond game. I can confirm it was a horribly over umpired game for both sides and it ruined the flow. Monash got a few goals from free kicks and in a game where scoring was tough it turned out to be the difference. Ormond lacking options forward with Tolongs and Cathcart out. I must say though, Monash have one of the most impressive defensive set ups I have seen for a while. Big quick players, do not get beaten much and great on the ground. Ormond much the same. While it was windy, both teams clearly the best defences going around and it was great to watch. I was surprised to see Mac get BOG. I thought he was actually well handled. I was also surprised to see King in the best, would have thought Ormond's CHB won that match up all day. Very evenly matched teams.

Any idea what is happening down in Hampton? Fallen right back into the pack. Warby back for Mazenod seems to be making a difference.

Fletch thoughts on Matt Suckling, for mine he was clearly BOG . Big Mac was well held by the Monders midget ruck . Having said that I only saw a half and a bit. The kicking in danger against the Ormond back in the last few minutes was terrible.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fletch thoughts on Matt Suckling, for mine he was clearly BOG . Big Mac was well held by the Monders midget ruck . Having said that I only saw a half and a bit. The kicking in danger against the Ormond back in the last few minutes was terrible.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Suckling was clearly best on for me, and it was not close. This was the first time in a few Ormond games I have seen that I thought he actually came out and did more than simply was was required. However, Monash refused to man him up so they clearly thought he was not particularly damaging. I think you have to move the ball quickly into the forward half against Monash. Big Mac sprints back and just sits in the hole. Forced Ormond to chip around all day trying to get a look into the forward 50.

Potentially massive result for UHS at the weekend. Reading the B Grade thread it's seems a fait accompli that Parkdale won't be in the VAFA in 2022, which would (logically) mean that for all grades below, relegation may only be for 1 side.

Potentially massive result for UHS at the weekend. Reading the B Grade thread it's seems a fait accompli that Parkdale won't be in the VAFA in 2022, which would (logically) mean that for all grades below, relegation may only be for 1 side.
Do I get a bonus pointy for picking them. I my time in C Grade, they are not the worst team I've seen. They would have garnered some real confidence the way they played against us. Would have been a great celebration on Saturday night..

Suckling was clearly best on for me, and it was not close. This was the first time in a few Ormond games I have seen that I thought he actually came out and did more than simply was was required. However, Monash refused to man him up so they clearly thought he was not particularly damaging. I think you have to move the ball quickly into the forward half against Monash. Big Mac sprints back and just sits in the hole. Forced Ormond to chip around all day trying to get a look into the forward 50.
You’ve just identified why Mac was the most important player by a mile on Saturday. He changed the way Ormond played as well as dominating the ruck and taking more marks than anyone else. You could hear the Ormond coaches yelling to keep it away from him. With total respect to SucKling (whos kicking is as good as any I’ve seen in ammos) he couldn’t change the game on the weekend like the big boy did.

You’ve just identified why Mac was the most important player by a mile on Saturday. He changed the way Ormond played as well as dominating the ruck and taking more marks than anyone else. You could hear the Ormond coaches yelling to keep it away from him. With total respect to SucKling (whos kicking is as good as any I’ve seen in ammos) he couldn’t change the game on the weekend like the big boy did.
Cannot agree Les , still waiting on the beer , i had 3 of yours and well done still at $5

Do I get a bonus pointy for picking them. I my time in C Grade, they are not the worst team I've seen. They would have garnered some real confidence the way they played against us. Would have been a great celebration on Saturday night..
You are correct, I think the boys would feel the game against you was their best performance of the year. I wasn’t at the game on Saturday but from looking at the video it was a close game all day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And a bit of trivia, the last time that happened that I can recall, it was Werribee who left and Monash were the beneficiaries - at end of 2013 I think. So Monash dodged a bullet and stayed in C, and then started 2014 about 8-0 before losing to Mazenod.

I see what you're saying, but I think Mac's presence played more of a role than he did himself. He did not take one mark in the back 50. Ormond's mids clearly won the stoppages all day (though they were beaten at the centre bounce convincingly). He did not do much around on the ground. What he is good at, and this is why I would have an opposition ruckman run with him all day, his work rate is next to none. I say this because he does not run all day, but he runs to the right position, at the right time, pretty much every time.

I think if you are comparing that to Suckling, who pretty much did not miss a target while racking up what looked like 40 odd. I would give the BOG to Suckling.

Either way, these two will meet in the finals and be at the pointy end. Both teams a few goals from free kicks. Would hope when they face at the Gunn the teams can just play because they are very very evenly matched.

And a bit of trivia, the last time that happened that I can recall, it was Werribee who left and Monash were the beneficiaries - at end of 2013 I think. So Monash dodged a bullet and stayed in C, and then started 2014 about 8-0 before losing to Mazenod.

In 2000 (I think) Marcellin finished bottom 2 in A Grade and Old Melburnians got caught cheating and were relegated instead. Marcellin won A Grade the following year.

I see what you're saying, but I think Mac's presence played more of a role than he did himself. He did not take one mark in the back 50. Ormond's mids clearly won the stoppages all day (though they were beaten at the centre bounce convincingly). He did not do much around on the ground. What he is good at, and this is why I would have an opposition ruckman run with him all day, his work rate is next to none. I say this because he does not run all day, but he runs to the right position, at the right time, pretty much every time.

I think if you are comparing that to Suckling, who pretty much did not miss a target while racking up what looked like 40 odd. I would give the BOG to Suckling.

Either way, these two will meet in the finals and be at the pointy end. Both teams a few goals from free kicks. Would hope when they face at the Gunn the teams can just play because they are very very evenly matched.
Not long to wait July 3 . Ormond kicked 1 from a free , they kicked 4 including not there 50's

Read the VAFA rules on cancelled fixtures and the like, which they posted again yesterday in view of lock down. I have to say that it is all pretty well designed. Moves to winning ratio now, and ladder position key for finals (higher team wins a final if it is called off). Not a great week for ladder leaders to miss a shot at no. 9 when percentage becomes more important than normal but them the breaks. Might have to hire a VHS of the Ashes’ 1987 flag v Kew to keep me occupied.

Read the VAFA rules on cancelled fixtures and the like, which they posted again yesterday in view of lock down. I have to say that it is all pretty well designed. Moves to winning ratio now, and ladder position key for finals (higher team wins a final if it is called off). Not a great week for ladder leaders to miss a shot at no. 9 when percentage becomes more important than normal but them the breaks. Might have to hire a VHS of the Ashes’ 1987 flag v Kew to keep me occupied.

Really hurts Old Ivanhoe who looked poised to enter the 4. Great for Mazenod and UHS-VU. UHS share points with Monash. Could be a factor at the end if Marcellin don't get their s**t together.

Really hurts Old Ivanhoe who looked poised to enter the 4. Great for Mazenod and UHS-VU. UHS share points with Monash. Could be a factor at the end if Marcellin don't get their sh*t together.
Nah I don’t think they share points. Just ruled an incomplete match with no allocation of points. But I am no mathematician - maybe 0 points each for everyone is the same as 2 points each for everyone.

Nah I don’t think they share points. Just ruled an incomplete match with no allocation of points. But I am no mathematician - maybe 0 points each for everyone is the same as 2 points each for everyone.

In practice JK, it’s not a lot of difference in terms of match ratio (a team that hasn’t lost will lose their 100% record if you share points though they will still finish top).

If you look at Prem C at Rd 17 2019, the only change whether you didn’t allocate points, split points or played games for Rd 18 would have been Marcellin finishing a spot higher (they played Williamstown in the last round and lost percentage).

Teams towards the bottom of the ladder drawn to play a top team might finish a spot higher by virtue of not getting a percentage hit.

If team 8 was drawn to play team 9, it could become a winner takes all game when they play the second time around (not necessarily a bad thing).

There is a small chance a club could get unlucky, though as your saints learnt in 2010 when you play with an oval ball luck is already an element in our game.

73AB42A7-E5C7-4854-B944-A0F59439F4AD.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back