Game Day QF2 - Port Adelaide vs Geelong - Friday 7:50 @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've finished top four six times since 2011 and made and lost one grand final in that time. You are delusional.

We haven't been playing this style of football the whole of that time, so most of those failures are irrelevant to this conversation. The whole argument was about whether the short chipping game style can hold up in September.

We've finished top four six times since 2011 and made and lost one grand final in that time. You are delusional.

The biggest issue tonight isn't the game plan but rather simple player execution errors

Hawkins & Cameron have missed easy shots on goal

We've failed to hit teammates on the chest with 20m kicks under no pressure

Defenders have repeatedly dropped simplistic marks, and we're seeing forwards doing the same

Then add in the failure to stick tackles

There's things that worked tonight, but what hasn't worked is the basics out on the field

Chris Scott is not to blame for our skill errors and overall lack of 'effort' or whatever you want to call it. He's not to blame when Clangerfield sends it straight down a Port defender's throat. Scott isn't to blame when Guthrie spectates as his opponent runs away with the ball. You can't blame Scott if a player misses an open goal from 15 metres out.

Fortunately we get another game to try to reboot.

Look forward to the Scott presser where he will review the tape and then change literally nothing. Finals fraud.
Yer you know I'm not going to be too quick to judge our performance, I'll need to go back over the tape and see where we went wrong.. Port are a great side and they performed tonight, we weren't at our best, a few guys had a quiet night but we know this isn't over. We will be back next week and I'm confident the boys will step up to the challenge. Thanks guys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club now looks like a bunch of absolute dickheads after all the trading sh*t and talking up premiership chances etc, absolute frauds
Those 3 first round picks we gave off for Cameron looking mighty good for a rebuild about now.

Chris Scott is not to blame for our skill errors and overall lack of 'effort' or whatever you want to call it. He's not to blame when Clangerfield sends it straight down a Port defender's throat. Scott isn't to blame when Guthrie spectates as his opponent runs away with the ball. You can't blame Scott if a player misses an open goal from 15 metres out.

This is such a horribly superficial, myopic way of assessing the game.

This is lunacy. You can't say "the game plan doesn't work in finals" but then claim "well THOSE finals don't count" when it wins us multiple finals and we make the final game of the season playing that style of footy :drunk:
How many good teams have we beaten in finals in the last 10 years? Brisbane last year. And? Straight sets Hawthorn was the previous top four team we beat? Actually is that right, the only top four teams we've beaten in a final since 2011 are Hawthorn and Brisbane? Gee that doesn't sound like a great record to me but you do you

He is to blame because he ******* lets it happen, doesnt tell them how it is, lets them get away with it so yes its his fault, he's the head leader

Now we can add to our weak finals record playing injured players and playing sick players _ Guthrie and Danger shouldn’t be out there and it’s no wonder we are getting pumped around the ball. Guthrie not right all night and if Danger has bug he shouldn’t be playing, he is low energy, fumbling and flat. Bad coaching, bad team selection, even before we started the game

If that is true then yes, don't play them I remember a final against Carlton in the 90s when a few top players weren't right and we left them out, gave other guys a go, and won easily!

I REALLY hope the press does what needs to be done and put the HEAT on Chris Scott for his ABYSMAL finals record. Way overdue!! Stop talking about winning % and talk about finals record - the one that actually counts!! FFS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back