Autopsy Rd 5 vs Hawthorn: following this club is astonishingly exhausting

Remove this Banner Ad

Cunners is now in the conversation as numero uno midfielder in the comp.
Big call but gees he never loses a contested possession.
Creates play and don’t get me started on his ‘Barry cable’ like handballs.

Severe man crush

If he had a yard more pace he’d be an all time great
Superb hands and decision making

So Burton elects to bump, takes Higgins high, and the immediate reaction is it was an accident.

What nonsense.
It s pretty easy to understand. If you chose to hip and shoulder someone and your hip or shoulder hits them in the head it’s not an accident. If heads collide then it’s an accident.

Wow, my first time posting but I have been following for a while. What a time to start. I have been watching and supporting North since a young boy in the 60s. Not good times when so many of your mates at school followed Collingwood, Carlton and * (I think I have that symbol right.) Really loved the effort today. The Shinboners are back! There will be ups and downs for sure but the path ahead is pretty positive I think.

One downer for the game today. I was in the Medallion Club (a fortunate guest!) on the HF flank as we were attacking in Q2. There was a break in play as the ball was relayed to one of our players for a free. As this was happening, Shaun Atley was on the ground trying to get up and a hawks player trod on him, I think deliberately, prompting Shaun to go after him and look at the umpire. No place for that in the game whoever the player. You know who you are #6.
Number 6... oh no.
It's...
14ad2389e730005862f0df6b6a946927

Not hinting to condone violence, but he has a punch-able head..

Welcome aboard Mr Bertie22.

It s pretty easy to understand. If you chose to hip and shoulder someone and your hip or shoulder hits them in the head it’s not an accident. If heads collide then it’s an accident.

Burton will be suspended.

Elected to bump the result was a player knocked out before he hit the ground.

Burton will be suspended.

Elected to bump the result was a player knocked out before he hit the ground.

If that was LT, the green light would have been given for the hit whilst he was on the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the welcome! I thought you would quickly work out who I was talking about. Will be interesting to see if it was captured on camera. Whatever, not a good look for our game.

What a first half was that - we out hawthorn them.
Second half was a war after the injuries but we hung tough and then ended them.
Our young guys don’t flinch when the Agro was on.
Cunners was a steamroller and pushing us forward
Taz and thommo are playing the best footy of their careers
Goldy was super
Brown , ziebs and Waite reminded of the big V game when plugger, piggy and Ablett played.

Everyone played their role - Lmac needs to lift

I don’t think he should be, nor do I think he will be.
Should have elected to tackle.

Didn't.

When he elected to bump he took all the onus for any injury caused.

Higgins was KO'ed before he hit the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back