Autopsy Rd 5 vs Hawthorn: following this club is astonishingly exhausting

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't posted on this board in ages, but that was the greatest victory I've ever seen from our boys.
But gees I'm mentally exhausted.
It's only a month into the season, but to be in the top 4, and beating a top 4 contender in the process after what all the naysayers have been saying for months is just delightful. I really had no doubt that our boys could do it today and throw eggs in everyones faces. BB is elite.

Positives:
In the top 4.
Everyone played their role perfectly.
Scott outcoached Clarkson.
Zuhaar.
Every other player in the Blue and White.
Clarke's gonna be a star.
Everything else I've missed.

Negatives:
Higgins and Vickers Willis injuries.
BT.

Also just as a sidenote, f*** of BT. Such a bias flog.

Last edited:
He was just legitimately sulking that the hawks were being beaten. Making up excuses and insinuating we were cheating really. Barracking hard for the hawks in the 2nd half, willing them to win and growing somber if we cut of an attack.

Hawks marked at the interchange gate as Jmac was about to come on and he whined it should be 50 as he entered the protected area, however by the rules Jmac HAS to go through the gates.

Whined about the 30s shot clock and that we were abusing it by Brown taking his 30s and then passing on his approach etc.

Barracking for a Hawks win and complaining about every time t hey didn't get a free, or when we did that they weren't there. Thommo shrugged a tackle and BT hated it, Hawk drops the knees up the other end and hes all praise.

Made the game horrible to watch

Also his comment that Higgo will forget his daughter's birth was ******* insensitive.

campaigner.

Also his comment that Higgo will forget his daughter's birth was ******* insensitive.

campaigner.
Fair comment, you lose up to 12 hrs of memory, but not something that needs to be mentioned when a bloke is on the ground hurting

Fair comment, you lose up to 12 hrs of memory, but not something that needs to be mentioned when a bloke is on the ground hurting

Would love to have a sit down with the man to see what actually goes on in his head.

I'm a tad disappointed.....but they dug deep in the last 5 mins and gave me a little smile.

But all in all its much better than a loss.

Didn't help when Brown wasn't sticking his marks in the 2nd half and Waite was inaccurate
There was a lot of holding there on Brown.... I'm just saying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not fair though. He wouldn't have the stones to say it at the more appropriate time.
The thought itself is a fair thought. I had the same fear myself.

But voicing it is a completely different matter. Theres a time and a place and during the game was the last time to say it.

On the tram on the way back from the match, so excited to settle in and enjoy he replay. Can’t wait to hear BT spew his vile bullshit only to end up covered in it at the end.

On the game, I think that was the best I’ve ever seen Atley play for us. I’m sure he’s had higher disposal games but he was a man today.

That’s the North I want us to be, week in week out. Relentless pressure and never give up attitude, even against some of he comps best, while losing two main players and bench rotations.

Get around us FFS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good

First half: One of the best halves in recent memory. Not only closed their space immediately we hit them with chest on, bone jarring tackles.

Bad

Trying to milk the clock for an entire half of football while thanking god we have Cunners.

Stevo on 7... Hawthorne player that took out Higgo should be ok because it was accidental.

Was a deliberate bump when he clearly had the option to nail a tackle.

Darcy on 7... Thomas getting weeks.

Was a deliberate bump when the only real option was to let the ball spill over the line.

If one goes then both go.

Stevo on 7... Hawthorne player that took out Higgo should be ok because it was accidental.

Was a deliberate bump when he clearly had the option to nail a tackle.

Darcy on 7... Thomas getting weeks.

Was a deliberate bump when the only real option was to let the ball spill over the line.

If one goes then both go.

COR...............RECT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back