AFLW Rd3. Geelong vs Adelaide Sunday 17 February, 2:05pm, Norwood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Kangas the best side by a mile from what I've seen so far.

Go Cats!

Their raid of the comp was reminiscent of North's canny exploitation of the then-new 10-year rule in the 70s, which led to their first flag(s).

I thought they'd be pretty good, but I must admit I've been a little bit surprised as to just how good they've been so far.

Looking forward to this game....Mel Hickey and Rocky back, but missing a decent ruckman, we may struggle to get our fair share of clearances. Phoebe McWilliams for a couple of goals and Van De Huevel to have a break out game.
Crows may have too many guns, so I pick them by 15 points. GO CATS!

Having just watched Carlton clean up GWS ..and now watching Pies against Freo.... Id say Collingwood are close to the worst team. Carlton next week will not be easy so... a good perfromance V the Crows would be very handy
I'm looking forward to the games against Carl & Freo, since Rd 1 I've thought these 2 are our best match ups. Will give an idea of where we are & where we need to be.

As for todays' game, it's there for the taking. Go Cats!

I potentially get slammed for this but I don't care...

You would think that with this season 3 and the ever improved fitness and skill level that Perkins from the Crows would make some effort to actually get in shape and shed some kgs... I suppose that is why she has gone from starting full forward to off the bench now though

Interesting that I saw a couple of ladies in full AFLW kit getting out of the car and going into a cafe near where I live at around 8.30am this morning. Don't know if they were actually playing (let's face it, if they weren't wearing AFLW tracksuit tops I wouldn't know who they were associated with the AFLW), but just found it strange they'd still be in Geelong on the morning of they're playing in Adelaide.

Interesting that I saw a couple of ladies in full AFLW kit getting out of the car and going into a cafe near where I live at around 8.30am this morning. Don't know if they were actually playing (let's face it, if they weren't wearing AFLW tracksuit tops I wouldn't know who they were associated with the AFLW), but just found it strange they'd still be in Geelong on the morning of they're playing in Adelaide.
They flew over yesterday, so they maybe were staff that flew over this morning?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would think that with this season 3 and the ever improved fitness and skill level that Perkins from the Crows would make some effort to actually get in shape and shed some kgs... I suppose that is why she has gone from starting full forward to off the bench now though

She played for Hawthorn in last season's VFLW, so got to watch her live at the ground in the GF. Her size & apparent lack of fitness really surprised me - you could even see on the way the Geelong defence matched up that she wasn't considered the biggest threat in that forward line.

She did a couple of good things that day, but she was only threatening when the ball was kicked directly to her, the loose ball on the ground and she was of no real threat.

Had that discussion with others at the ground - she's too reliant on bulk to out body opponents, but as women's football gets more professional she won't last if her overall fitness doesn't improve; need to have more then one string to your bow

She played for Hawthorn in last season's VFLW, so got to watch her live at the ground in the GF. Her size & apparent lack of fitness really surprised me - you could even see on the way the Geelong defence matched up that she wasn't considered the biggest threat in that forward line.

She did a couple of good things that day, but she was only threatening when the ball was kicked directly to her, the loose ball on the ground and she was of no real threat.

Had that discussion with others at the ground - she's too reliant on bulk to out body opponents, but as women's football gets more professional she won't last if her overall fitness doesn't improve; need to have more then one string to your bow
My other half just walked in, Crows fan obviously.. And first thing she was said was "oh Perkins looks even bigger"

And then she started on about how disappointing it is..

That makes me feel like less of an a-hole :D

What I liked from how the umpires go about it in the AFLW that they should transfer to the AFL is the ball-ups round the ground.

They come in a throw it up, they don't wait for players to be ready or set up a stoppage they get the game moving by throwing it up as soon as they get the ball.

Stops all the nomination BS if more than one player for each team goes up pay a free would do a lot to free up the game

We're a lot closer on the scoreboard than we deserve to be based on the balance of play.

Wonder why we only look to the top of the square when kicking into forward 50. Cranston was all on her own in the pocket then, and I think it was Boyd who was all by herself in the pocket at one stage last week too and was ignored as well.

As the comp progresses ..id say players with he body shape will gradually not get a game ... its reminiscent of a bygone era when players had the chunky guy in the square.. but one can see why she still gets a go..cause when she gets it she is one of the better kicks.

This is too hard to watch. The umpires are under 12 level and our women's side is coached poorly. I understand their skills aren't up to scratch but the handball, handball, handball as the first instinct is reminiscent of the men's team and shits me to tears.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back