List Mgmt. Re-Signing Jake Lever

For the last time, do you think Jake Lever will re-sign with Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was real, although now he has gone back and deleted all the black and white collingwood and airplane emoticons from his posts about jake.

Hahaha

It's 2017. I still don't get how some people don't understand that everything you put on the internet is traceable and people will see it, even if you delete it. Sometimes you just have to stop and think about what you are typing before hitting the post/send/reply button on any social media app

Can you please explain. I would like to know more.

You might have to check the archives. Don't know if I can be bothered explaining it again.

sounds-good.gif

His dad seems like a ******.

I refuse to believe they can be unhappy about Jake playing ONE SANFL game to get some match fitness up, it's not like he was dropped. They also would have to realise the player who has taken his spot deserves a game after a solid preseason.

100% confirm they are filthy on him not playing rd 1. Need to calm their s**t down obviously- He is a long term gun player of our club and will be back in very soon- if not this week then next you would think.

100% confirm they are filthy on him not playing rd 1. Need to calm their s**t down obviously- He is a long term gun player of our club and will be back in very soon- if not this week then next you would think.

Maybe someone should tell Jake about Jimmy Sellars interfering and overbearing dad, and the negative effect it had on sellars relationship with the club?

Really strange if that's right because we have given brother Tyson a position at the club after failing to get drafted and also the opportunity to show us what he's got at SANFL level this year which can only assist his chances of getting a call up to the AFL in the future. The couple of times I saw him play in the TAC Comp he showed enough to suggest he has "something" there and could be a chance to get an AFL gig with further development. Could have done worse than rookie him IMO, hard at it big mid with a decent long kick, one of the goals he kicked here at Eureka Stadium was a beauty from just forward of centre.

Parent thinks their kid is a special snowflake. In other news.

That was my take on it as well. Father is disappointed when son isn't picked in football team. Posts his thoughts on social media.

Can't say it's exactly surprising. I wouldn't expect a father would be happy for their child to miss out on selection for a team.

Mitch Cleary seems to be suggesting/thinking we'll willingly let one of Gov/Lever go to get Gibbs.

Although both Kane and Ben rightly point out that'd we'd be silly to do that and Kane thinks Lever would take $400-$500K to stay at the Crows.

Mitch Cleary seems to be suggesting/thinking we'll willingly let one of Gov/Lever go to get Gibbs.

Although both Kane and Ben rightly point out that'd we'd be silly to do that and Kane thinks Lever would take $400-$500K to stay at the Crows.

Who would be dumb enough to suggest losing the Gov or Lever for Gibbs,I might have to start a thread to see what others think.

Knew this was coming.

Love how he was building it up at the beginning of the show that Mitch Cleary (who???) had news that would make. Crows fans very nervous and then it turns out all he says is that Lever is in the Hawks 'watchlist' as if every club isn't watching every player already. Massive news. Kane is such a desperate try hard ratings whore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only worthwhile point in the whole segment was not surprisingly made by Ben Hart who was talking about how the Crows have a set amount for players in the salary cap so they can keep their salary cap under control and suggested that Jenkins may have gotten a bit more than we'd planned for. Will that mean we end up losing Lever or the Gov or not be able to then get Gibbs as well? Did we make a mistake keeping Jenkins when we already have a great forward line? Did we overpay for him? Should we have let him walk so we could sign Lever, Gov and Gibbs?

The only worthwhile point in the whole segment was not surprisingly made by Ben Hart who was talking about how the Crows have a set amount for players in the salary cap so they can keep their salary cap under control and suggested that Jenkins may have gotten a bit more than we'd planned for. Will that mean we end up losing Lever or the Gov or not be able to then get Gibbs as well? Did we make a mistake keeping Jenkins when we already have a great forward line? Did we overpay for him? Should we have let him walk so we could sign Lever, Gov and Gibbs?
Whats the saying, a bird in the hand?

We could have lost Jenkins and still lose one of those players. If we've signed Thommo for anything above minimum wage there is your problem.

Besides I have the feeling Jenkins is in for his best year.

Last edited:
I don't think JJ's yearly offer was much more than our original one. Heard it went from like $450K to just over $500K. The sticking point for him was the length, which went from a 2 year deal to a 5 year one (although there may be triggers in there somewhere near the end).

Love how he was building it up at the beginning of the show that Mitch Cleary (who???) had news that would make. Crows fans very nervous and then it turns out all he says is that Lever is in the Hawks 'watchlist' as if every club isn't watching every player already. Massive news. Kane is such a desperate try hard ratings whore.
Mitch Cleary does the rounds on a Wednesday it seems. Does a spot on WA, SA and VIC radio where he says the same thing.

Mitch Cleary does the rounds on a Wednesday it seems. Does a spot on WA, SA and VIC radio where he says the same thing.

If there's one thing I know about Hawthorn it's that they're smooth operators. If they're actually interested in someone it won't get leaked this early and when it is leaked it is strategic on their part.

I don't think JJ's yearly offer was much more than our original one. Heard it went from like $450K to just over $500K. The sticking point for him was the length, which went from a 2 year deal to a 5 year one (although there may be triggers in there somewhere near the end).

It's the length that has me sceptical. We're going to have Jenkins playing until nearly as old as Buddy will be for the Swans.

We have a great forward line BECAUSE of Jenkins. He goes, it's no longer great.

Maybe someone should tell Jake about Jimmy Sellars interfering and overbearing dad, and the negative effect it had on sellars relationship with the club?
Whats this about sellars dad? Didnt hear that one. Thought he left because he was bang average.

We have a great forward line BECAUSE of Jenkins. He goes, it's no longer great.

What? Huge exaggeration.

Are you seriously suggestion that if Jenkins did his ACL next week our forward line would suddenly fall apart?

Jenkins is a beneficiary of our forward system and we can slot someone else in to his role if we need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back