List Mgmt. Re-Signing Jake Lever

For the last time, do you think Jake Lever will re-sign with Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone read Pendles tweet talking up Greenwood.......nek minnit

Can you imagine how much the commentators would mention basketball if we had Pendlebury, Greenwood and Jenkins in the same team. Jokes about just needing to find 2 more before the Crows could start their own basketball team, etc.

Players know who are deserving of opportunity and who are not. If they perceive there is lack of opportunity at one club then rival clubs will be in contact. A first round draft pick who hasn't yet played a league game and is from interstate would be the perfect candidate to gamble on and chase.
What loyalties does he owe Adelaide?
It's true clubs don't lose every player who's not in their first 22 but when your contract is up, you have obvious talent and you're not playing the temptation is there to look for greener pastures.
I hope he stays but until an announcement is made I'm worried, it reminds so much me of how we handled Gunston.
At least we gave Gunston some games. This is far worse. He's also seen Wigg retained for a year, play well in the SANFL and still not be selected.

He's also seen the club prefer a 35 yr old midfielder who can't run, have 10 touches and then the rookie footy ops manager insult the rest of the midfielders.

2 years running we've used the least amount of players, that's telling Doedee he's not getting a game unless there are injuries.

I want him to stay but he'd be mad to.

Dangerfield hurt, but it's a draft pick we absolutely smashed out of the park and had for half of his career.

Considering we were in a position to replace Davis with an equally young, and one who ended up being a better player in Talia, he doesn't prove your point. In fact, arguing about Davis makes an absolute mockery of your point.

Gunston was one that hurt as we lost him before it he got going, and lost a bit of potential value.

Tippett hurt, but even then considering his injury history, we got rid of him at the right time (despite it was our hand being forced).

In most of those cases (except Davis as he is a SA pick), the alternative next pick SA player isn't even close in quality.

Tippett hurt because it cost us 3-4 first round picks and 2 second round picks.

He's gone then. Once the wife/gf gets involved it's hard to say no (See Gibbs for another example).

Even if we manage to re-sign him for another 2-3 years he's still gonna bail like Danger.

Yep, Carlton are disappointed that Gibbs elected to sit out the season and return home to Adelaide instead of playing for them.

We actually did offer Cameron a boatload of money, but he said no.

I don't get why we went after Cameron. Were we planning on trading Jenkins if we got Cameron, because I don't see how Tex, JJ and Cameron would have all fit in the same team.

It was also strange as our forward line is our biggest strength, yet we were going to spend even more money there.

Burton had already signed on for an extra year. He has now signed on for an extra two on top of that. Burton has shown just as much in his second year as Lever has, yet you dont see him acting like a flog over renewing his contract. He has an SA girlfriend, and she isnt an issue.

Which clubs are offering Burton 5 year, multi-million dollar contracts?

LOL at people who think we'll extract some great trade. We'll roll and do it for a late first, early second.

If we couldnt get value for the guy who was walking up to get a brownlow medal, we won't for Lever.

LOL at people who think we'll extract some great trade. We'll roll and do it for a late first, early second.

If we couldnt get value for the guy who was walking up to get a brownlow medal, we won't for Lever.

I don't see anyone thinking we will extract value, just demanding that we do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you imagine how much the commentators would mention basketball if we had Pendlebury, Greenwood and Jenkins in the same team. Jokes about just needing to find 2 more before the Crows could start their own basketball team, etc.
I could be wrong but wasnt Cameron a basketballer as a kid as well? Add Erin Phillips to those 4 and I'd suggest the crows switch sports.

At least we gave Gunston some games. This is far worse. He's also seen Wigg retained for a year, play well in the SANFL and still not be selected.

He's also seen the club prefer a 35 yr old midfielder who can't run, have 10 touches and then the rookie footy ops manager insult the rest of the midfielders.

2 years running we've used the least amount of players, that's telling Doedee he's not getting a game unless there are injuries.

I want him to stay but he'd be mad to.

I agree completely, do we learn from our past experiences?

This notion that we are 'all in for this season' and can't afford to keep blooding players is so short sighted.
Give young players hope and opportunity and they'll stay around.
The club won't need to bottom out if you keep quality youth in your squad.
Not gone yet, fingers crossed.

If it was that big a deal to him he could have chosen to sit out the season a la Cam McCarthy.

Gibbs is 29, contracted and had no issue playing for Carlton, apparently it was his wife who wanted to come home.
A 29 year old knows their time in the game is coming to an end and can't afforded to sit out. They still have to make a salary to secure their future.
A deal could not be struck so Gibbs accepted the reality and fulfilled his contract.
McCarthy has youth on his side and it wasn't his about his wife/GF. An unhappy McCarthy wasn't prepared to play for GWS and saw no alternative than to sit out.

I don't get why we went after Cameron. Were we planning on trading Jenkins if we got Cameron, because I don't see how Tex, JJ and Cameron would have all fit in the same team.

It was also strange as our forward line is our biggest strength, yet we were going to spend even more money there.

Yeah, I can't make sense of it either to be honest other than possibly trading Jenkins, but I know for sure we tried to get him.

Which clubs are offering Burton 5 year, multi-million dollar contracts?

You would hope not, he 20 years of age having played 20 games, if he was being offered that he would be fast becoming better than GAJ, but being on a list for 18 months and receiving two contract extension in that time probably says a lot about his ability or what the Hawthorn Footy club and clarko think of his ability

If lever is leaving, this is the one the club need to play absolute hard ball on, if we dont get a perceived reasonable value he has to be forced into the draft with no return

Gibbs is 29, contracted and had no issue playing for Carlton, apparently it was his wife who wanted to come home.
A 29 year old knows their time in the game is coming to an end and can't afforded to sit out. They still have to make a salary to secure their future.
A deal could not be struck so Gibbs accepted the reality and fulfilled his contract.
McCarthy has youth on his side and it wasn't his about his wife/GF. An unhappy McCarthy wasn't prepared to play for GWS and saw no alternative than to sit out.

Frankly McCarthy should have received a 5 year ban for sitting out the year, it's corrupted the integrity of the draft just as much as our Tippet thing did.

I was firmly in the staying camp despite all the info floating around, but got a bit of info from someone I trust saying he's very likely to leave to bulldogs. Not 100% gone but looking that way! Don't know what to think now!!

You can't keep losing Dangerfield/Gunston type players replacing them with Milera/gore and pick 24 and expect you are going to challenge for a flag. No matter how you try and spin it it's not going to happen.

I was firmly in the staying camp despite all the info floating around, but got a bit of info from someone I trust saying he's very likely to leave to bulldogs. Not 100% gone but looking that way! Don't know what to think now!!
For some reason Bulldogs supporters seem pretty confident hes going there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back