Rolling Ashes Squad Thread, now featuring Haddin XII v Hick XII beginning p. 147

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google stats are behind. Warnie lol. The guy that has championed relentlessly for Stoinis and D'arcy Short to play test cricket in the past. An 1100 run county season while also taking 19 wickets demands selection more than most options, even if it has only been in Div 2. He had already made more runs than last year's Div 2 top run scorer in 6 less matches.
Exactly, well said

It’s also far from poor.

It’s all very well to point out that someone might not have risen to superstar heights with a given performance, but like Steven Smith hitting 56 or something you can’t really call it out as being poor can you

But combined with Starc erratic bowling, it's hardly going to break any English hearts.Though with any luck, they'll do that without needing the help of decent bowling. Ireland just made a mess of them, though that was definitely with the help of experienced bowling at Lords.

It’s amazing what happens when Marsh is thrown the ball before the 70th over

His test bowling figures skewed by the fact he gets the oldest of old balls against set batsman before he is given a chance

Given he’s the only allrounder - I daresay he makes the squad.

Smith is not skipper anymore, so using him as a proper change bowler might make some difference. Still don't want him picked though!

If Pattinson and Wade get gigs I’ll be impressed with the selectors. Even more so if Siddle gets chosen for the first test as well. These guys should be locks as far as I’m concerned but it won’t surprise me at all to see them missing out.

If Pattinson and Wade get gigs I’ll be impressed with the selectors. Even more so if Siddle gets chosen for the first test as well. These guys should be locks as far as I’m concerned but it won’t surprise me at all to see them missing out.

Wade needs a score today. The other two are in the squad.

Im referring to the starting 11

Doubt all 3 play. Pattinson probably plays. Not sure the other two play the first test at least. Can’t see them changing half the bowling attack. Them changing 1 is pushing it let alone 2.

Its harsh on Harris but I think Bancrofts ability to bat time could be incredibly valuable in a series that's looming as as having several 3 day results.

The ability to see off that new ball is going to be so important to this series.

Bancroft probably has to be in the squad and a decent innings tonight could see him in the team.

Marsh should also be nowhere near it unless we just say * it and play him as bowler who bats a bit. His bowling will be more than handy in Engalnd against those batsmen (See Murtagh).

True bat deep tm side
Warner
Bancrofit
Khawaja
Smith
Head
Wade/Labu
Marsh
Pain
Pattinson
Cummins
Lyon/Hazlewood

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its harsh on Harris but I think Bancrofts ability to bat time could be incredibly valuable in a series that's looming as to have several 3 day results.

The ability to see off that new ball is going to be so important to this series.

Bancroft probably has to be in the squad and a decent innings tonight could see him in the team.

Marsh should also be nowhere near it unless we just say fu** it and play him as bowler who bats a bit. His bowling will be more than handy in Engalnd against those batsmen (See Murtagh).

True bat deep tm side
Warner
Bancrofit
Khawaja
Smith
Head
Wade/Labu
Marsh
Pain
Pattinson
Cummins
Lyon/Hazlewood

If you want to do that the third quick has to be Siddle. Pattinson can easily break down.

Its a good point, but if you played Lasagna with Marsh, Cummins, Pattinson, Hazlewood I think there is enough to nurse Pattinson through

None are front liners aside from Cummins and Hazelwood and even Hazelwood is injury prone lately

I’d take warnies opinion over yours and mine.
On bowling tactics, field placement, run chase strategy etc absolutely Warne has an incredible cricketing brain. As good as anyone in the world.

On player assessment he is utterly useless because he can't get past his personal biases. I suspect if he could get past those biases he would also be outstanding in this area too but since his retirement he has shown he simply can't do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back