Recommitted Rory Lobb [trade is off, staying at Fremantle]

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a good second ruck who plays forward 60-70% of the game. Those sort of players aren't worth $700k.

From memory he wants to play forward rather than in the ruck full time, and as a forward he's not a reliable #1 target.

At his best at GWS he played forward with Patton and Cameron plus Steve Johnson and Toby Greene. At Freo he's played with Hogan, McCarthy and Taberner up forward who are all varying degrees of absent/useless and mostly Darcy in the ruck who is young and has missed games with injury. Not surprising Lobb has found form now that Darcy has hit his straps and Taberner has played most games.

Much better to do deals like the Hill trade. How is that big push for this year's premiership going by the way?

You seem to have sour grapes. What does that have to do with drafting both naughton and georgiades?

Didn't you already have a chance to pick both Naughton and Georgiadis?
Picked Brayshaw and Cerra before Naughton who was a defender as a junior so can't fault us there

We picked Young and Serong before Georgiades who went at pick 18 and would have been a massive reach

Young and Serong look like future stars so cannot fault us there either.

Didn't really have a pick in the range of the two players you suggested, if you wanna have a go at us for missing a tall then the trade for Hogan who Melbourne ontraded the pick to GC for King is relevant

Picked Brayshaw and Cerra before Naughton who was a defender as a junior so can't fault us there

We picked Young and Serong before Georgiades who went at pick 18 and would have been a massive reach

Young and Serong look like future stars so cannot fault us there either.

Didn't really have a pick in the range of the two players you suggested, if you wanna have a go at us for missing a tall then the trade for Hogan who Melbourne ontraded the pick to GC for King is relevant

Geez, that was a wally of a moment. Wasn't it

You seem to have sour grapes. What does that have to do with drafting both naughton and georgiades?
Not sure what I would have sour grapes over.

You can't draft everyone, and our draft selections look fine. Trading is an equally legitimate way of building a list, although the Saints-Hill trade seem to be an example of how not to do that.

You seem to be keen on deflection. Every club would be interested in Naughton, and most would like the look of Georgiadous.

Not sure what I would have sour grapes over.

You can't draft everyone, and our draft selections look fine. Trading is an equally legitimate way of building a list, although the Saints-Hill trade seem to be an example of how not to do that.

You seem to be keen on deflection. Every club would be interested in Naughton, and most would like the look of Georgiadous.
I mean, if we really want to go down this rabbit hole we can look at the club who had two picks at 7 and 8 before Naughton...

On Lobb, I remain perplexed at the idea he is in 'high demand.' He's an above average AFL quality player getting paid 200k too much a year, with 2 years on his contract playing for a club with only 3 KPFs on its list. I cant imagine we give two shits about any media games his manager is trying to play here and I cant imagine any club is actually going to want to pay what it would cost for us to let him go

I mean, if we really want to go down this rabbit hole we can look at the club who had two picks at 7 and 8 before Naughton...

On Lobb, I remain perplexed at the idea he is in 'high demand.' He's an above average AFL quality player getting paid 200k too much a year, with 2 years on his contract playing for a club with only 3 KPFs on its list. I cant imagine we give two shits about any media games his manager is trying to play here and I cant imagine any club is actually going to want to pay what it would cost for us to let him go

Nah we needed midfielders and got them. Clark has been good in the midfield and Coffield has the traits to be a gun taller wingman. Never been overly shy in the Key position area.

Still filthy about paddy over petracca though...thank God the people from that era are long gone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Colin Young loves negotiating through the media, its infuriating.

I wonder if anyone actually believes the Suns are gonna offer Rory Lobb 2.8 mil over 4 years. It's clearly the contract Colin is angling for Freo to offer him

Are we thinking of the same player?!
Freo have 3 tall forwards on our list

Taberner, Treacy and Lobb

Taberner is injury prone
Treacy is 18
Lobb is the one who gets on the field most.

He is one of our most valuable players, we won't trade him unless a stupid offer comes from another club.

Blame our list management but that's the position we are in.

Freo are not going to trade him unless it is a stupid offer

His currency would be pretty low based off form though

Matthew Lloyd urges Gold Coast not to overpay for opposition ruckman;
“It’s said that (Rory Lobb is) on $700,000 a year at the Dockers," he said on Sportsday.

“I would not pay him a cent over that (figure); he’s worth $600,000 (in my view).

“I just don’t want to see the Suns fall into another guy and overpay them just because it’s hard to attract players up there.

“(They have to) develop their own.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back