Recommitted Rory Lobb [trade is off, staying at Fremantle]

Remove this Banner Ad

Young is playing his game. As Giants and Dockers fans we should be familiar with it.
I am reasonably confident that this gets done with Freo and GWS dealing respectfully as they always seem to do.

But....Colin Young, get's Lobb home on a 5yr 700k deal, then 3yrs in is the driver (with his client) in orchestrating a return, and gets all sanctimonious when Freo dig their heels in for what they consider to be a fair and reasonable deal.

Only one person will come out of this looking poorly and Colin (grub) has been on that slope for a number of years now.

I am reasonably confident that this gets done with Freo and GWS dealing respectfully as they always seem to do.

But....Colin Young, get's Lobb home on a 5yr 700k deal, then 3yrs in is the driver (with his client) in orchestrating a return, and gets all sanctimonious when Freo dig their heels in for what they consider to be a fair and reasonable deal.

Only one person will come out of this looking poorly and Colin (grub) has been on that slope for a number of years now.
Both clubs well within their right to say nope.
We got him shopped to us and on the cheap. A nice return but not a need especially with his age and Briggs and Flynn coming through.
Freo expect a great deal for someone who is contracted rightly so.
Can’t see how it gets done.

Both clubs well within their right to say nope.
We got him shopped to us and on the cheap. A nice return but not a need especially with his age and Briggs and Flynn coming through.
Freo expect a great deal for someone who is contracted rightly so.
Can’t see how it gets done.
Not sure there is any going back sadly?

When Colin doesn't get his own way he normally throws all the toys out of the cot and just starts blowing s**t up!!

Sorry, I haven't kept up with the thread - but what are the reasons for Lobb potentially returning to GWS?

Does he just miss it and want to go back or is there an issue with Freo?

The McCarthy Debacle is water under the bridge. I always thought we worked together respectfully.

It's weird how this grub is making it seem like it's war. Didn't McCartney work at freo as well?

Bloody drama queen(grubby young).

Doubt a deal gets done now. Giants weren't even chasing him to begin with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe not but neither club will roll over.

Maybe being the operative word - alternatively - Maybe one club will be forced to pay 700,000K per year for a player that does not want to be there plus he is that far down the track with us he has even done a medical.

He obviously feels supported at GWS and part of the "family", great honour for us. I'm sure we will cop much aggressive criticism but such is life.

Lobb has said where & why he wants to move. Both clubs can respect the others position and we move on.

Maybe being the operative word - alternatively - Maybe one club will be forced to pay 700,000K per year for a player that does not want to be there plus he is that far down the track with us he has even done a medical.

He obviously feels supported at GWS and part of the "family", great honour for us. I'm sure we will cop much aggressive criticism but such is life.

Lobb has said where & why he wants to move. Both clubs can respect the others position and we move on.
Your affection for being mindful of the contract status of players being discussed for trade, as in the Cerra deal, has suddenly evaporated.

Funny that.

And out of nowhere Rendell with this left turn

Dude needs to retire. Does he think Fremantle strategically rejected a future second rounder so they could get… pick 53?

For what it’s worth, I think a future second round pick is fair for Lobb, given his salary, however a few concerns:
1. Lobb is worth the money to Freo due to their lack of tall fwds.
2. Freo does not need salary cap room unless they’re planning something big this year.
3. I think GWS will finish top four next year so their future second isn’t going to be so great.

Last edited:
I'm sure Rendell will cop a ton of criticism for this one. But what would he know about football compared to Bigfooty posters.

Rendell has had a mare during trade radio, some of his list management comments he has made have been so far off.
Not knowing clubs captains, racist innuendo the guy is a complete tool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back