Preview Round 1 2019, Collingwood vs Geelong, Friday March 22nd 7:50pm

Who will win?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's got me beat how a player can be sent in for minor surgery after the season finished and still not be ready for round 1. Two of them.

Then we have Selwood injured on the eve of the season for the 3rd year in a row.

One has played 70 games the other 7 so Kolo would want to be better
Menegola has played 53 games and he's a better footballer than Guthrie.

It's got me beat how a player can be sent in for minor surgery after the season finished and still not be ready for round 1. Two of them.

Then we have Selwood injured on the eve of the season for the 3rd year in a row.
Tuohy had cartlidge damage so that's not a minor injury. Who is the other one, Bews? Not sure on his outlook because it's not mentioned anywhere. Injury list just say he is a test. But I was sure he was in training very early and was just restricted to non-contact cause of his shoulder. And I also wouldn't call shoulder surgery minor.

Selwood had minor tightness in both hamstrings after a full pre-season. HS said it's workload related and not due to any type of strain or sprain, so they have backed off his workload the last week and will play VFL next week. The way he is talking he still expects to be available come round 1, but i'd say it's more likely they give him a couple of VFL games to prove he can get through a game. Then it will come down to form wether he is selected.

I'm just glad our injury list is a million times better than it was last year. Only a couple of players, all close to returning, so we are way ahead of last year. And in a much better position than most teams. About time we were due for some injury luck.

Yes, it was interesting that they brought him back on in Q4 and played him up the ground.

From observation Miers has been playing high half forward and drifting into the midfield. He grabbed 11 possessions from just 45% game time against the Bombers and 18 against the WCE........If he doesn't play Round 1, he wont be far off......

From observation Miers has been playing high half forward and drifting into the midfield. He grabbed 11 possessions from just 45% game time against the Bombers and 18 against the WCE........If he doesn't play Round 1, he wont be far off......

He's a good chance to be in the emergencies but I'd think if he was in contention for round 1 he would've played more game time than that. Where did you find the time on ground stat by the way?

Do you reckon he’s any good though DtC? I worry he doesn’t have a weapon other than keen goal sense and that doesn’t tend to be enough at AFL level. I think he will lose out to Atkins for that last small forward spot.

Henry Blicavs Stewart

Clark Taylor O'Connor

Duncan Kelly Selwood

Ablett Hawkins Atkins

Rohan Sav Dahlhaus

Stanley Danger Parfitt

Int: C Guthrie, Menegola, Henderson, Constable

Emergencies: Miers, Narkle, Kolo, Fort, Zuthrie

Injured: Tuohy, S Selwood, Bews, Abbott

NB: Wouldn't be surprised if Miers is selected....
Like this team but I can see them doing something stupid like Henderson instead of Chook.

Do you reckon he’s any good though DtC? I worry he doesn’t have a weapon other than keen goal sense and that doesn’t tend to be enough at AFL level. I think he will lose out to Atkins for that last small forward spot.
Quick head, quick hands, quick feet = creativity as a link-up.
But there's a helluva lot of competition, and nearly all the competitors are so far unproven.

On one hand his kicking worries me and on the other I love how creative he is with it...
In that he seems to really lack distance and penetration with his kicking, but he also seems super super creative and able to get boot to ball on either foot in a variety of different ways and in heavy traffic... I find him a really interesting prospect and at the same time do not have a single clue if he is going to be good enough to make it or not

I didn’t see all of the WC game but last night I just felt he didn’t do much with his possessions and as a small forward you’re only going to get limited chances so you either need to hit the scoreboard or create a score each time you get it. I could be wrong but I’m on the sceptical side with Miers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a better season 18, NOT a better footballer
It's not even close Dubs. Menegola is on an entirely different level.

I didn’t see all of the WC game but last night I just felt he didn’t do much with his possessions and as a small forward you’re only going to get limited chances so you either need to hit the scoreboard or create a score each time you get it. I could be wrong but I’m on the sceptical side with Miers.

Tend to agree , he's a work in progress but that's OK at this stage.
I think he misses round 1 as Gaz needs to stay and I think we will want Atkins pressure ( plus he's been very good)
We've also got extra firepower with Dalhaus and Rohan down there.

He's been playing further up the ground.

Henry Blicavs Stewart

Clark Taylor O'Connor

Duncan Kelly Selwood

Ablett Hawkins Atkins

Rohan Sav Dahlhaus

Stanley Danger Parfitt

Int: C Guthrie, Menegola, Henderson, Constable

Emergencies: Miers, Narkle, Kolo, Fort, Zuthrie

Injured: Tuohy, S Selwood, Bews, Abbott

NB: Wouldn't be surprised if Miers is selected....
Same, but I'd put Ablett deep and switch with Dahlhaus.

I'd also put Miers instead of Constable, only because we have no smalls on the interchange and for team balance.

Menegola and Guthrie can be midfield rotations, and forward and defensive rotations respectively.

Very probably just to teach him some defensive skills, they do this with a lot of young forwards as part of their learning experience.

Hes a 3rd year rookie and Zuthrie and Simpson are getting elevated next year. Jones is running out of time its this year or bust IMO.

Tuohy had cartlidge damage so that's not a minor injury. Who is the other one, Bews? Not sure on his outlook because it's not mentioned anywhere. Injury list just say he is a test. But I was sure he was in training very early and was just restricted to non-contact cause of his shoulder. And I also wouldn't call shoulder surgery minor.

Selwood had minor tightness in both hamstrings after a full pre-season. HS said it's workload related and not due to any type of strain or sprain, so they have backed off his workload the last week and will play VFL next week. The way he is talking he still expects to be available come round 1, but i'd say it's more likely they give him a couple of VFL games to prove he can get through a game. Then it will come down to form wether he is selected.

I'm just glad our injury list is a million times better than it was last year. Only a couple of players, all close to returning, so we are way ahead of last year. And in a much better position than most teams. About time we were due for some injury luck.
"They" are saying leg soreness for Bews, which could be anything from an ingrown toenail to an amputation below the knee.

Same, but I'd put Ablett deep and switch with Dahlhaus.

I'd also put Miers instead of Constable, only because we have no smalls on the interchange and for team balance.

Menegola and Guthrie can be midfield rotations, and forward and defensive rotations respectively.
I'd keep Ablett on the flank. He created three goal assists last night.
He will kick his own from there, but also distribute accurately to others.

I suspect he will be one of the guys to go out especially if SS is fit.. cant get enough tackles..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back