Preview Round 10, 2019: St.Kilda v Carlton - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 26th May, 3:20PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 75 91.5%
  • Blues

Votes: 7 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as we need to go after Cripps I’d be sending a strong message to the players to get up in Walsh’s face. Not because he’s their best, just mind games.
Bit like when Collingwood gang tackled Watts. It sent a big message. I get Watts was on debut but the message was loud and clear.

Ins: Clark and White
Outs: Newnes and Phillips

Savage and Sinclair to the wings. Mackenzie gets a reprieve after an average game.

Clark deserves a spot after 2 dominant games. Full game in the middle tho

White has all the tools just needs to be given a game. He’s like the Brad Hodge of St Kilda. Despite form nobody knows why he can’t get a game. Who cares if he is a little chubby or can’t run a sub 8min 2km. The guy can football. Let him football.

I hope not, I need to hold Walsh for another week in my supercoach team before cashing in. Hoping he scores 100+ and Carlton lose by 100+

White has all the tools just needs to be given a game. He’s like the Brad Hodge of St Kilda. Despite form nobody knows why he can’t get a game. Who cares if he is a little chubby or can’t run a sub 8min 2km. The guy can football. Let him football.

Hopefully he's the Matty Hayden of St Kilda. Once we finally give him a run, he cements himself in the side for the next 10 years.

Just popped into RSEA Park to buy some stuff from the Saints Locker and grab a coffee.

Didn't catch any of training but some of the guys were sitting out in the coffee area, looking pretty upbeat, happy and relaxed.

This leads me to believe we are going to absolutely destroy Carlton at the weekend.

Saints 115 - 58 Carlton.
Mmm... I remember going to training before the '10 GF replay against the filth- the guys were happy, upbeat on the track....

2 positives can come of this game:

1. We win & sit 5-5 after 10 games, which pretty much none of us thought would happen back in preseason.

2. We lose & Richo gets sacked, which should have happened last year except for the board extending his contract at an absurd time back in Oct 2017.

For the future of our club, this game is a win-win situation

Mick Dwyer ( Bettlejuice ) was a very clever footballer, loved the Saints and a ripping dude to boot!
Like most down at StKilda at the time, did not mind a drink!
Did he break his leg at windy hill ?

I'm guessing:

In: Hind, Clarke, Long

Out: Webster (inj), Phillips (rest), Parker (even though it should be Kent)[/QUOTE]
No way I can see Hind or Long coming in after their games for Sandy on Sunday

Did he break his leg at windy hill ?
Not sure Mowie! I do seem to recall him breaking his leg though!
I know he took an absolute hanger at Windy Hill one day! The same day we were about 4 goals up with 5 mins to in the 3rd
Heading for a very rare victory at Windy Hill, Till Damien Kitschie ( Sh*tsme ) decided to run into open goal at the speed of Mick Nolan on smack
Got caught holding the ball, turn over and we subsequently lost by 7 goals! lol

Today was probably the sloppiest I've seen us train all year. Gresh, Blake and Seb in particular were just so sloppy by foot. The boys weren't horrible out there but they looked to be taking it a bit easier than I've seen in the past. They would want to be bloody careful this week, after today I have that sick feeling of dread. I'm sure that's pretty normal for a Saints supporter playing against cellar dwellers though.

Having said that I was still mega impressed by a few guys out there, Hanners, JB, Sincs, Parker and Sav stood out to me today with their composure and quality usage.

I am getting excited again by Hanners, the guy is a classy unit on the footy field. He will provide a massive boost to our midfield when he comes in, we forget how good his best or even 75% of his best is.

Just popped into RSEA Park to buy some stuff from the Saints Locker and grab a coffee.

Didn't catch any of training but some of the guys were sitting out in the coffee area, looking pretty upbeat, happy and relaxed.

This leads me to believe we are going to absolutely destroy Carlton at the weekend.

Saints 115 - 58 Carlton.

I doubt we destroy them, they have been absolutely kicked and picked apart by every ex player and journalist in Melbourne. They can't afford to step backwards or hell will be waiting for them. This to me is a danger game. We can't afford to lose it but I don't know if the players have the same amount to lose as Carlton do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today was probably the sloppiest I've seen us train all year. Gresh, Blake and Seb in particular were just so sloppy by foot. The boys weren't horrible out there but they looked to be taking it a bit easier than I've seen in the past. They would want to be bloody careful this week, after today I have that sick feeling of dread. I'm sure that's pretty normal for a Saints supporter playing against cellar dwellers though.

Having said that I was still mega impressed by a few guys out there, Hanners, JB, Sincs, Parker and Sav stood out to me today with their composure and quality usage.

I am getting excited again by Hanners, the guy is a classy unit on the footy field. He will provide a massive boost to our midfield when he comes in, we forget how good his best or even 75% of his best is.
Let's hope we don't play like we train then! Could spell curtains for Richo, according to the oracle David King!
Now there's an opinion we all need to dismiss categorically!

Do you reckon between richos comments on Marshall and the saints 'in the mix', they are priming us for a Longer return?

The game is both a danger and an opportunity. Carlton will be primed for some sort of redemption. By no means do I expect them to be easy beats.

But if we can not only defeat them but humiliate them. We can do serious damage to their self belief. Make them as pitiful as Melbourne was. We owe those campaigners, its time to make them the laughing stock of the AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back