Review Round 16 - vs Richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

That's true. Its what north did to pies. If you're not expecting an intense pressure, it can a bit uneasy.

I like that Coaches have gave Suns respect in the way they play now. Nobody will have it easy against them. It's why there hasn't been a lot of blow outs. It's smart new coaching by Dew.

Dew has done a great job, playing disciplined footy now which is a great step forward. Only reason you arent winning more games is because of how young you are.

Dew has done a great job, playing disciplined footy now which is a great step forward. Only reason you arent winning more games is because of how young you are.
which will get easier in time as the young get more experienced. I'm not worried too much for them. I'm a new fan really, but I have come to love this group of boys. They have a crack, and really for a young group that's all you can ask.

I think GCS need to create their own identity, Richmond is famous for chaos football, Hawthorn possession footy, Dew need to mix thing up for this group, I'm not indicating abadon what he learn from Sydney but tried to invent something fresh for the playing group. Example rotate players, change players playing position, it is better to try them up when you are losing and core players injured and not available.

I think GCS need to create their own identity, Richmond is famous for chaos football, Hawthorn possession footy, Dew need to mix thing up for this group, I'm not indicating abadon what he learn from Sydney but tried to invent something fresh for the playing group. Example rotate players, change players playing position, it is better to try them up when you are losing and core players injured and not available.

I think that will come with time, right now he is using this season as a massive learning tool and teaching you the defensive side of the game. Dimma did almost the exact same thing when he took over ages ago. It will work, just give it time.

which will get easier in time as the young get more experienced. I'm not worried too much for them. I'm a new fan really, but I have come to love this group of boys. They have a crack, and really for a young group that's all you can ask.

And we love you Jen. You make me feel all conflicted when the Pies plAy now.

That would almost stamp Brodie’s papers. He mustn’t be hitting internal targets
I've been a quite vocal critic of Brodie over the years but even I wouldn't have been dropping on his recent form, i was starting to be convinced...
I do find it interesting to note that Scheer is now listed as the centreman, where Brodie was last week (yes, i know the team list means diddly-squat)... makes you wonder if we collectively were right when we said earlier in the year that internally Scheer was ahead of Brodie, until he go injured? Or are they just trying to see what the bottom end of the list has to offer - I mean its not like Heron has been setting the world on fire in the 2s

Jack Martin should be very closed to being dropped, his performances in the past 6 weeks has been dreadful, not getting the ball and disposal efficiency low

Just don't understand it, Ellis has been very solid since coming into the team and Brodie has been building this year and now wont be in the 2s. Plus both these players are twice as good as Heron and Sheer.
I dont think Ellis is as good as you think, and I don't think Scheer is as bad as you think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would almost stamp Brodie’s papers. He mustn’t be hitting internal targets
Ellis has 21 and Brodie 20 touches

To Millers 12 and Powell’s 4!!!
And Martins 11

Wow.

Wouldn’t blame Brodie wanting out.
He asked publicly.. he wants continuity.

He sure wasn’t in the worst 12 players on the field.

And Martins 11

Wow.

Both can play NEAFL final series if GCS make it. Both still 0 win when they play AFL.

And Martins 11

Wow.

It's bewildering for sure. Well, at least we get to watch Heron get the ball 7 or 8 times — I'm sure it'll be scintillating.

Brodie’s last 3 weeks:
30, 24 and 20 and then dropped.

Wow, don’t know what to make of this
It's obviously not about his touches.
Has always got his hands on the ball.

Heron and Corbett both excellent in the 2's so don't mind their inclusions.
Think we omitted the wrong guys though - disappointed in match selection committee this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back