Preview Round 23- Lions v Tigers. Sunday 25th August 2019 3.20pm MCG.

Who wins and by how much?

• Lions by 1 to 9.

Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Lions by 10 to 29.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • Lions by 30 to 49.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Lions by 50+

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Tigers by 1 to 9.

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Tigers by 10 to 29.

Votes: 46 31.3%
  • Tigers by 30 to 49.

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • Tigers by 50+

Votes: 5 3.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respectfully disagree

If the prospect of winning the minor premiership and virtually guaranteeing two home finals for club isn't enough incentive to get Victorian/ex Fitzroy supporters to the game, I doubt wearing the Fitzroy jumper will have any further effect.

I'm all for donning the old colours for special occasions like Heritage Round etc. but this is not one of those occasions IMO.
The hand knitted Fitzroy jumper will be seen on DERRINALPHIL at the MCG. The 47 year old beanie will be the only 'lid' seen around DERRINALPHIL' on the weekend. Get rid of your lids. We will win.

On a more Wynns Black Label free posting, notice that Walker has been named. Given Hipwood, McStay and The Big O rarely touched the ball last week they have named a realistic option to replace any of them. All the 'smalls' named could play, and play well.

This team is so easy to support but team selection. Who would want the job?

Going to the Shark Fin before the game. Back in the glory days that's what we used to do. Eat well and then watch class.

Good in space, under pressure, defensively though...

His defensive work has been a stand out for at least 6 weeks at NEAFL level?

OppositionPressure is almost impossible to judge at NEAFL though, but I imagine the player selected would be applying the pressure more than being pressured.

Time to get some X factor to help Cameron - the lethal combination of Cox and Charlie to score 5 goals between them in an electric, game breaking tag team!

X factor isn’t as easy to slot into the system. I’d like to see it tested in home and away games and while technically Richmond is home and away game it feels like more of a final.

Interesting match up for us on the eve of the finals.

If we were assured of the first home final I'd like to see us get walloped . How often do teams get written off for one reason or another and play poorly in the last round come out firing in September.

At least we'll know what we have to do by Sunday. We've been up a while ,I get the drift that a psychological breather would be beneficial . I'd love the luxury.

Interesting match up for us on the eve of the finals.

If we were assured of the first home final I'd like to see us get walloped . How often do teams get written off for one reason or another and play poorly in the last round come out firing in September.

At least we'll know what we have to do by Sunday. We've been up a while ,I get the drift that a psychological breather would be beneficial . I'd love the luxury.

Hawks somehow beating the Eagles would be a terrific circuit breaker.

Withdraw the entire team with gastro and play the NEAFL team instead.

Hawks somehow beating the Eagles would be a terrific circuit breaker.

Withdraw the entire team with gastro and play the NEAFL team instead.
Yeah.

My biggest worry at this stage is the Eagles smashing the Hawks by 8 or 10 goals. It's possible.

I know internally coaches can't risk fiddling with anything and outwardly you go 100% every game whatever the circumstances.

But going back I know a few teams who consciously took it easy around this time of year. Barassi and Hafey wouldn't have a bar of it , Sheedy used to take the foot of the pedal quite often if it suited.

I hope they don’t.It is just like me saying I hope they run out in a Bears jumper.
I'd love them to run out in a Bears jumper. If it were up to me there'd be a Bears day and a Roys day every season, or one each season alternating. Nothing wrong with embracing the heritage fully here and there.

I have strong concerns about Cox's decision making and disposal.

It’s the tackling pressure I’m concerned about. We need someone who is going to lock it in the forward 50. Christensen has played that role well, can’t see Cox doing the same.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The Fitzroy jumper is cursed anyway, we never win while wearing it.
Hardly.

A couple of my favourite Lions games involved us wearing the Fitzroy jumper; (1) v Collingwood on the MCG (won by 6-7 goals) and (2) v West Coast at Subiaco (huge upset at the time by 4-5 goals):

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hipwood and McStay would both run straight past Reiwoldt and Lynch within a yard. Our forwards are quicker.

Are Richmond that good ? Take Martin out and they would've been done last week .

At the MCG with a vast crowd behind them they get all these angry little tank like flankers running on adrenalin.

The key to beating them is to break the confidence in their gameplan .

I'd like to leave it to a game that really matters though

It'll just be fun to see the boys play in front of a big crowd at the G during the H&A. The amount of different experiences the teams have had this year has been amazing.

I have strong concerns about Cox's decision making and disposal.
since he cam back from his mid season "family issues" he has been much better and has been playing more forward. Your right last year he seemed to have problems with the speed of the game but now - well there is a reason they are calling him 'junior silk' in the NEAFL. willing to give him a second chance and with his kicking equally of both feet he is a bit of an unknown to defences.

With the week off before finals, there will be no thought of taking it easy. One final effort as a perfect pre cursor before the real stuff begins.
The psychological breather will come with a few days away from the club after this game.
A very much deserved break and we usually come off a bye with a head of steam.
So a home final at the Gabba would be great.

Despite the footy media writing us off the footy public seems a lot more bullish on us for Sunday. Warms my cockles it does.

Despite the footy media writing us off the footy public seems a lot more bullish on us for Sunday. Warms my cockles it does.
View attachment 732063
I think that is why there is likely to be anywhere up to 70,000 people there on sunday.
We have captured the minds.
8 in a row v 9 in a row!
Great way to finish the regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back