Roast 50/50-Rong Rucci Reckoning - The R-Files

Remove this Banner Ad

More deflection and second hand scoops today from Rucci

His article today talks of David Noble attracting interest from Brisbane (second hand scoop from Dwayne Russell).

He then tried to indirectly blame Adelaide for inflating Darren Burguess' price which I believe is totally incorrect.

As far as I know the Crows baulked at the original price that Burgess had put on his head back in 2012 when he returned to Port. Burgess is now paid 500k by Port on a new deal that he signed during 2014, so if the Crows weren't prepared to pay the original price back that he had put on his head back in 2012 then I am interested to hear Rucci try and explain how the Crows apparently forced Burgess' new contract price up ?

As usual it's never Port Adelaide's fault there is always a scapegoat, it's such a typical Port Adelaide mentality.

I always laughed at the spin Port surrounded Burgess with.

They made it out that they had stolen Burgess from Liverpool..... when in fact his contract was never renewed mainly due to all the soft tissue injuries LFC suffered during that time.

I do think he is a decent fitness guru but it probably showed how bad Port's fitness was pre-Burgess rather than what he is capable of doing. I feel he just brought them back up to the AFL level.

Glad crows didn't shell out big numbers for him. Our fitness staff in recent times have always been elite and probably at a much cheaper rate.

More deflection and second hand scoops today from Rucci

His article today talks of David Noble attracting interest from Brisbane (second hand scoop from Dwayne Russell).

He then tried to indirectly blame Adelaide for inflating Darren Burguess' price which I believe is totally incorrect.

As far as I know the Crows baulked at the original price that Burgess had put on his head back in 2012 when he returned to Port. Burgess is now paid 500k by Port on a new deal that he signed during 2014, so if the Crows weren't prepared to pay the original price back that he had put on his head back in 2012 then I am interested to hear Rucci try and explain how the Crows apparently forced Burgess' new contract price up ?

As usual it's never Port Adelaide's fault there is always a scapegoat, it's such a typical Port Adelaide mentality.

That article really didn't make a lot of sense. Certainly didn't provide any solutions to the problem he stated.

That article really didn't make a lot of sense. Certainly didn't provide any solutions to the problem he stated.

I think he's trying to preempt any potential criticism over Burgess' massive contact by getting on the front door by trying to blame Richmond and Adelaide.

Rucci is always looking for ways to dismiss Port's failures by trying to shift the blame away from Port.

Much the same as he was trying to indirectly blame the SANFL for Primus' failure.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think that's been sh00ped and he's not really there, his head seems slightly bigger.

Agreed.

Together they all look like an Eastern Bloc prog rock trio from the 80s that just reformed. Bone knows how to wear a shirt, Andrew Capel......not so much.

I rather enjoy their Adelaide Now podcast. Don't mind Capel but I would rather hear Bone, Rooch and G. Cornes together.

Since Rucci is already having a wank while reading this thread, I'll give him some pictures to wank to
vgNFQGs.jpg

mattresses-clemenza.jpg

What was the one about all the supporters wanting trigg gone being latte sipping hipsters, or some shite?

Well that's bullshit I've never drunk coffee in my life

Unless he's worn out his welcome at Carlton?

Jesus....

Hungry for sport Tuesday https://www.sen.com.au/audio#BLmhUUvcYiDrUXDb.97
listen to Rucci. He is the least relevant media personality in footy. Has absolutely no clue.

He kept trying to troll Adelaide and KB shut him down every time.

He was trying to have a cry about Adelaide speaking to Hurley and KB shut him down and said there was nothing at all wrong with it :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whiney bitch

He kept trying to say his trademark "I find it interesting that Adelaide ...." and KB interrupted and said every club goes after players before October, look at Ling Jong for instance, clubs can approach players they just can't sign them, yes but "I find it interesting that Adelaide ....." Rooch only someone with their head in the sand would think that it wasn't happening within every club in the AFL.

Rucci gives up at that point.

He kept trying to say his trademark "I find it interesting that Adelaide ...." and KB interrupted and said every club goes after players before October, look at Ling Jong for instance, clubs can approach players they just can't sign them, yes but "I find it interesting that Adelaide ....." Rooch only someone with their head in the sand would think that it wasn't happening within every club in the AFL.

Ports first contact with Ryder and Dixon was in October.

Rucci needs to get his facts right. I have no doubt in my mind that every club is looking at currently listed players 1 year to 18 months out from the end of their contact. It's common sense. Clubs need to find space in their salary cap to make plays. The clubs need time to work around it. This means a high priced recruit would be impossible to snare at such short notice. I bet Gray, Boak and Wingards managers all get approach yearly from other clubs expressing interest just lie Port would be doing their due diligence by continually approaching players. Just because Rucci only knows Adelaide did it so far out is not through research or being a good journalist, he found out because we simply didn't care and told the world. Rucci again shows how moronic and out of touch with footy reality he is. KB has a lot of sense. This sort of stuff would be the norm in Melbourne.

Agreed.

Together they all look like an Eastern Bloc prog rock trio from the 80s that just reformed. Bone knows how to wear a shirt, Andrew Capel......not so much.

I rather enjoy their Adelaide Now podcast. Don't mind Capel but I would rather hear Bone, Rooch and G. Cornes together.

What's the podcast called? I can't find it in downcast.

Last edited:
Its just called 'AFL Podcast' I think, its on the Adelaide Now AFL page on Monday afternoon but it looks like they archive it a couple of days later

Last weeks - http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...l/news-story/810d1d92f90e4a313fa8fd066b9c0438

This weeks - http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...y/news-story/e980d876e9f6616b0913cfff3f36f910

Cool. Looks like it might not actually be a podcast and is just on Soundcloud for streaming (unless I'm missing something).

Cool. Looks like it might not actually be a podcast and is just on Soundcloud for streaming (unless I'm missing something).

Yeah it looks like they host it on Soundcloud and then link it to the website. It sounds like the three of them just sit around Rooch's office and record it on a phone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back