Player Watch Rupert Wills (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

He's an extractor but what other strings can he add to his bow?
Seems to be a good overhead mark and accurate set shot. Could be an awkward match up rotating through the forward line? Who knows really, I'm looking forward to seeing him develop.

Can find the ball and he's a massive kick. Just needs to feel secure and kick over a pack to advantage. Really like the cut of his jib.

What makes me hopeful was a passage of play last week where he got the ball hemmed against the boundary 60 out and within 3-4 steps had summed it up and nailed a flat ball to the advantage of Aish who marked in the square. That combination of quick decision and execution is simply beyond 6-8 of the current best 22 and the reason we are so easily suffocated. That made me think he could me more than your bog standard grunt man.... Then again may have been beginners luck!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What makes me hopeful was a passage of play last week where he got the ball hemmed against the boundary 60 out and within 3-4 steps had summed it up and nailed a flat ball to the advantage of Aish who marked in the square. That combination of quick decision and execution is simply beyond 6-8 of the current best 22 and the reason we are so easily suffocated. That made me think he could me more than your bog standard grunt man.... Then again may have been beginners luck!!

What quarter? And what time was that play?

That was a very good kick from Wills.He kicked it long to the advantage of Aish.A lot of our players would have kicked an up and under that would have gone straight to the opposition.Or in Blair's case he would have fumbled the ball over the boundary line before he could kick it.

That was a very good kick from Wills.He kicked it long to the advantage of Aish.A lot of our players would have kicked an up and under that would have gone straight to the opposition.Or in Blair's case he would have fumbled the ball over the boundary line before he could kick it.
It was very good indeed. Aish played his part, but Wills was the real star of that 'play of the week'! We obviously don't have too many reasons to be cheerful regarding this season, but the emergence of Wills has to be a definite plus. There's no reason why he can't be in our team for round 1 next year, and be a decent part of it for quite a while into the future.

Clubs seem to be looking to find the bigger, strong-bodied midfielder types, he could prove to be a very good, and cheap, pickup. It will be interesting to see how Brayden Sier develops down the track, given that he's of that type as well. Sadly, we didn't get to see enough of him this year.

It was very good indeed. Aish played his part, but Wills was the real star of that 'play of the week'! We obviously don't have too many reasons to be cheerful regarding this season, but the emergence of Wills has to be a definite plus. There's no reason why he can't be in our team for round 1 next year, and be a decent part of it for quite a while into the future.

Clubs seem to be looking to find the bigger, strong-bodied midfielder types, he could prove to be a very good, and cheap, pickup. It will be interesting to see how Brayden Sier develops down the track, given that he's of that type as well. Sadly, we didn't get to see enough of him this year.

Aish was ahead of Wills. Wills was good but Aish Stood Out.

Both been big +'s last 2 games

Aish was ahead of Wills. Wills was good but Aish Stood Out.

Both been big +'s last 2 games
That wasn't what I meant, Dave. I was just making a comment on the bit of play where Wills kicked the ball perfectly (to Aish) from way out on the boundary line, Aish marked it in the goalsquare, played on and kicked a goal. I'm not sure whether you've watched the video (I posted the link to it up above) of our top 5 plays of the game. It was ranked number 1. So I just meant that Wills played an even bigger part in that particular bit of play than Aish did, I wasn't saying he played better overall.

Aish certainly has played really well over the last couple of games, and I think everyone can now see why we wanted to recruit him. There's no reason why he shouldn't keep playing well, he has the ability, and it's great to see he will put his body on the line when necessary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back