Player Watch Rupert Wills (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you ever get tired of searching for any negative you can find? It must be awful being you.

I'm sorry for pointing out reality and making your point look silly.

We both know your use of that statistic was very manipulative. FYI I never said he was a bad kick, but yeah...

I'm sorry for pointing out reality and making your point look silly.

We both know your use of that statistic was very manipulative. FYI I never said he was a bad kick, but yeah...
Reality? I'd be interested to know if you genuinely know his effective kick/handball DE, and whether you've gone through every single one of his handballs for the entire game and confirmed that they were in fact "1 meter handballs". Because it sounds to me like you're full of s**t.

But keep thinking that I'm tryin to be manipulative, and thinking that you're really smart for attempting to make others look silly on a forum if that helps you get through a day of being you.

Reality? I'd be interested to know if you genuinely know his effective kick/handball DE, and whether you've gone through every single one of his handballs for the entire game and confirmed that they were in fact "1 meter handballs". Because it sounds to me like you're full of s**t.

But keep thinking that I'm tryin to be manipulative, and thinking that you're really smart for attempting to make others look silly on a forum if that helps you get through a day of being you.

You're the one who tried to use his disposal efficiency stat to prove he is a good kick, despite the majority of his disposals actually being handballs. Have you genuinely gone through all of his disposals and worked out that 81% of his kicks were effective? Sounds to me like you're manipulating a statistic to help your point.

You're the one who tried to use his disposal efficiency stat to prove he is a good kick, despite the majority of his disposals actually being handballs. Have you genuinely gone through all of his disposals and worked out that 81% of his kicks were effective? Sounds to me like you're manipulating a statistic to help your point.
Actually I was just casually pointing out he went at 81% DE. I never said he went at 81% KE. You're the one who decided to make out like I was trying to be manipulative, funnily enough, by being manipulative yourself making out like you knew that every single handball he made was a 1m pass.

Anyway, this has been fun. I look forward to your next inevitable attempt to drag any negative you possibly can out of others positive posts.

Actually I was just casually pointing out he went at 81% DE. I never said he went at 81% KE. You're the one who decided to make out like I was trying to be manipulative, funnily enough, by being manipulative yourself making out like you knew that every single handball he made was a 1m pass.

Anyway, this has been fun. I look forward to your next inevitable attempt to drag any negative you possibly can out of others positive posts.

Dave said "he is a poor kick" then you countered with "well actually he went at 81% DE", clearly you are using this stat to prove his kicking was good... very manipulative Apex

Dave said "he is a poor kick" then you countered with "well actually he went at 81% DE", clearly you are using this stat to prove his kicking was good... very manipulative Apex
You shouldn't use quotation marks unless you're making an exact quote. I said "yet he went at 81% DE". Implication being that his disposal in general on the night was decent, despite any bad kicks that may have happened. There was nothing manipulative intended.

If you want to imagine I'm saying something different, that's your perogative I guess. Not surprising given your wonderful penchant for seeing the negative side of everything. Have a nice night, if you're capable of it.

Hey @kappy and Apex36 you sound like two cranky old men who can't stop squabbling, and it gets a little tiresome for the rest of us.
How about moving on and getting back on topic please?

Hey @kappy and Apex36 you sound like two cranky old men who can't stop squabbling, and it gets a little tiresome for the rest of us.
How about moving on and getting back on topic please?
If I'm being accused of saying something I didn't, I have a right of reply. Feel free to delete the entire exchange if you want though.

Greenwood is certainly solid though not really a-grade for mine, if we are to start shaping towards a tilt at the top then players like Wills and DeGoey need to be improving and passing him in terms of quality and performance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He reminds me of a young Bont...

Similar build...but i'm trying hard to get my head around it. Wills must be at least 3 years older than Bont. I detect overtones of Mick McGuane in Mister Wills, lousy haircut tho..I think he must already lead the team in ability to stand up in tackles and get the ball away..

I'm really liking Wills. He's just a late bloomer who will benefit from another pre-season.

Although a different sort of player you could compare him to someone like Michael Barlow who came into AFL football at a mature age and blossomed.

I'm not sure what been said prior but I mean his hurt factor by foot is non existent, great tackler and a big body, I don't feel that's anywhere near good enough to be best 22 going forward.

Then again Bucks loves guys that offer grunt and are poor by foot.

Surely next year's BF sponsored player. Lock it in.
Nah, JDG has to be next year. Aish's fortunes turned around by being sponsored by us, Adams' fortunes turned around by being sponsored by us, surely it's Jordy's turn next year (as much as I am a fan of Wills)

Nah, JDG has to be next year. Aish's fortunes turned around by being sponsored by us, Adams' fortunes turned around by being sponsored by us, surely it's Jordy's turn next year (as much as I am a fan of Wills)

I like your thinking.

Was going to start a new thread on the most important additions to the team this year as far as impact goes, but thought i would pop it in here.
While Treloar has had great numbers and adds that real zip and class to the midfield brigade and should go close in the copeland trophy i would argue that Wills has been our most important addition as far as impact and structure is concerned.

Since Wills has come in a lot of things have changed about the team that may have just under the radar of a lot of supporters.
Wills does add that ability to use the ball quite well, not outstanding but safe enough with ball in hand, he finds it enough for a newbie (18 per game) add to that the 10 tackles per game and here is where it really starts to come together.

Wills addition to the team has coincided with 2 things, extra pressure around the ball up situation and contested ball scrimmage, since he has come in it is quite noticeable that the opposition in the last 4 weeks have had a lot harder time in just blitzing the ball out of a contest and a stoppage leaving our defence vunerable and out of position.
He tackles and pressures defensively better than anyone else in that team including Adams and Blair and has stopped the rot of easy possessions for our opponent breaking away from a contest, this has allowed the defence to set a lot better with more time and stopped easy first use in a scrimmage from opposition onballers.
The amount of times he has held up a contest while the reinforcements come and make it a 50/50 is quite noticeable and has coincided with us not leaking easy soft goals.
This guy will prove to be the best addition to the team going forward as far as all the structures working together and we have in my opinion really hit the jackpot with this bloke :thumbsu:.

Was going to start a new thread on the most important additions to the team this year as far as impact goes, but thought i would pop it in here.
While Treloar has had great numbers and adds that real zip and class to the midfield brigade and should go close in the copeland trophy i would argue that Wills has been our most important addition as far as impact and structure is concerned.

Since Wills has come in a lot of things have changed about the team that may have just under the radar of a lot of supporters.
Wills does add that ability to use the ball quite well, not outstanding but safe enough with ball in hand, he finds it enough for a newbie (18 per game) add to that the 10 tackles per game and here is where it really starts to come together.

Wills addition to the team has coincided with 2 things, extra pressure around the ball up situation and contested ball scrimmage, since he has come in it is quite noticeable that the opposition in the last 4 weeks have had a lot harder time in just blitzing the ball out of a contest and a stoppage leaving our defence vunerable and out of position.
He tackles and pressures defensively better than anyone else in that team including Adams and Blair and has stopped the rot of easy possessions for our opponent breaking away from a contest, this has allowed the defence to set a lot better with more time and stopped easy first use in a scrimmage from opposition onballers.
The amount of times he has held up a contest while the reinforcements come and make it a 50/50 is quite noticeable and has coincided with us not leaking easy soft goals.
This guy will prove to be the best addition to the team going forward as far as all the structures working together and we have in my opinion really hit the jackpot with this bloke :thumbsu:.

looking forward to seeing him go head to head with the Hawthorn pr1cks this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back