Player Watch Rupert Wills (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Was ordinary in first game back. Improved the second week. Of course, he will return to the VFL but the few weeks he has been in, have been valuable in case there are injuries later on this year. Good work Rup.

What's the story with this bloke? Is he any good? Will he be offered another contract? From what I've read he's been played out of position this year. We need a big bodied inside bull in the guts. Moneyball option?

What's the story with this bloke? Is he any good? Will he be offered another contract? From what I've read he's been played out of position this year. We need a big bodied inside bull in the guts. Moneyball option?
I think we just saw his last shot at it, he's a tackling machine but like so many of our other players I think injuries have cruelled his career

*update* He's got the rest of the year to save his career, good start today!

Last edited:

I think the emergence of Sier may be his downfall. Sier offers similar big-bodied midfielder traits and brings better pace and skill.

Rupe silenced his critics today. Fantastic game from him, playing his true position as an inside mid and playing to his strengths - clearance by hand monster. Leave him in Bucks!

LOL no. You do realize who we played, and you do realize how many times he has impersonated a potato irl. Actually I guess you don't. Ignorance is bliss I guess...

I would just give credit where it's due based on today's performance. He could've gone out and stunk it up but didn't.

And your carry on about a "potato" is misguided given he was played almost wholly out of position in his stint earlier in the year. From memory, when he played on the ball against St Kilda he actually looked ok, but everyone is judging him when he played forward against Sydney (and was beaten by an All Aus defender in Rampe).

I prefer to support our guys, but if you wish to maintain your negativity then we won't stop you. It's just a miserable way to watch and reflect on footy, especially after a win, even if it was against a poor opposition

Rupe made his presence felt in a positive way today. More than I've ever managed, and no one can take it from him.

Well done, mate.
Rupert is the true bear.

LOL no. You do realize who we played, and you do realize how many times he has impersonated a potato irl. Actually I guess you don't. Ignorance is bliss I guess...

Done no more then what Sier done this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rupe silenced his critics today. Fantastic game from him, playing his true position as an inside mid and playing to his strengths - clearance by hand monster. Leave him in Bucks!

Mate he played the GC

I did like what I saw but you would have VFL teams that would beat GC, let's see how he goes next week and hopefully the rest of the season.

Probably his best ever game at senior level. If he could maintain that he'll offset form/injury issues with Sier.

Mate he played the GC

I did like what I saw but you would have VFL teams that would beat GC, let's see how he goes next week and hopefully the rest of the season.
What rubbish. The GC team today was considerably stronger than last week when they nearly knocked off Essendon.

What rubbish. The GC team today was considerably stronger than last week when they nearly knocked off Essendon.

Yeah blokes like Martin ripping us apart

Done good, Played well, will improve with a hair cut.
Spends too much time swiping the hair of his face.. Wasted energy.

I thought he was really important today. Good to see him in his natural position. I thought he wss good in the clinches and managed to free his arms to fire off handballs which lead to clearances. He also applied good pressure on the inside. Even managed to link up a few times on the outside.

The Bull raged this day and showed what he does best; force the ball out of a stoppage pack to our advantage

Issue with Wills, even in his preferred inside mid role, has always been that he lacked involvement away from the clearances but he went some way toward addressing that yesterday. Has earned another game against the Dees and it will be interesting to see how he goes against their midfield.

His hair is truly awful. In another dimension of awfulness. As one astute poster has already pointed out, he wastes a lot of energy organising his hair on the field. It’s a mop; it’s a distraction; it’s gotta go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back