Toast S8INTS in the Finals!

Remove this Banner Ad

Weagles did us a solid, well done,saves a nervous week. But we still must beat Brisbane next week to take good form into finals.

would we be playing finals if Ratts was the coach

No chance.

He would have been sacked mid season and we'd be fighting to avoid the bottom 4.

The decision to appoint RTB vindicated by him steering us into finals despite all our injuries this year and playing so many kids, he just gets it done.

It looked for a while there that we were going to lose our way like last year but he has got us back on track at the right time.

We've got our ticket into the finals but we shouldn't be satisfied with that, if we hit our straps there is no other team in the finals that we can't beat.

Just about everyone wrote us off even playing finals and they will probably write us of winning any finals now, time to prove them all wrong again.

Let the fairytale begin!

Never thought I'd wake up on a Monday morning and be miffed about an Essendon loss, and hoping for Carlton to win this week, but here we are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

******* amazing!!!! Go saints

Cripps has finally paid us back!!!
still a saint at heart.

adorable-omg.gif

Me, as we would be sitting pretty to play our first final in Melbourne.
Agree. Nothing beats that feeling of the vibe in the city leading up to finals. That walk up to the G from Transport bar or something similar is amazing after boozing for a few hours before the game is unreal.

It's been 12 years since we had that experience. Watching at home just not the same.

We shouldn't be scared of playing any side in the 8 currently, Adelaide was only real blowout.

Competitive losses against the top 4
Coll - 6 L
Bris - 28 L
Port - 7 L
Melb - 21 L
——————
Carl +22, -19 W&L
——————
5 sides below us
Syd +14 W
GWS +12 W
Dogs +51 W
Ess +18 W
Geel +33 W

The losses against Hawthorn & Suns were pretty disappointing and Richmond wound back the clock big time.

Last edited:
We shouldn't be scared of playing any side in the 8 currently, Adelaide was only real blowout.

Competitive losses against the top 4
Coll - 6 L
Bris - 8 L
Port - 7 L
Melb - 21 L
——————
Carl +22, -19 W&L
——————
5 sides below us
Syd +14 W
GWS +12 W
Dogs +51 W
Ess +18 W
Geel +33 W

The losses against Hawthorn & Suns were pretty disappointing and Richmond wound back the clock big time.

Plus literally every team has dropped games they shouldn't have this year. Hawks have beaten half the top 4 and 4 of the top 9. Their ladder position ain't representative of how good they've been in the second half of the season.

I'm not worried about where we finish now. Anywhere, anytime.

Heck - GIVE US the final on the road. How good is that experience for our younger guys? Our more senior guys too.

King is built for finals, he could truly erupt.
We've won a couple on the road this year already. Swans and GWS if I recall correctly?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back