Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

There is clearly a succession plan.

They've hinted at stuff like this before, I don't believe there is a succession plan in place at all beyond pie in the sky future ideals. If Koch offers Hinkley another contract in 2024, and it's certainly not outside the realms of possibility, Hinkley will take it.

They've hinted at stuff like this before, I don't believe there is a succession plan in place at all beyond pie in the sky future ideals. If Koch offers Hinkley another contract in 2024, and it's certainly not outside the realms of possibility, Hinkley will take it.
Hinkley is not turning his back on 900 large anytime in the near future. Also there are other members of the family who would quickly become not employed.

Mark Williams left a coaching tree to be proud of, a complete credit to the man and second only probably to Sheedy in my time following footy.

Hinkley won't leave a tree, he'll leave a bunch of weeds in the form of discarded and scapegoated assistants.

He can't claim Voss as he'd already coached 80+ games before donuts even got in the driver's seat at an AFL club. Richardson neither, he was already ready to go.
Also Richardson wasn't very good. Coaches the saints for six years, no finals. Ratten takes over and takes them to top 6 straight away.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

If we are enduring Hinkley for a further two years, and he actually leaves this time, I’d much rather see the first properly open interview process at Port since pretty much ever than Carr be thrown the keys.

• Fos headhunted
• Motley takes over from Fos
• Fos takes over from Motley
• Jack takes over from Fos
• Russ takes over from Jack
• Jack takes over from Russ
• Choc takes over from Jack
• Primus takes over from Choc
• ‘ThE RiGhT MaN sTaNdInG’ coaches until the sun goes red giant, then white dwarf

I'm surprised that Ken didn't say, "I think the finals series should be cancelled, because we're not very good in September."
Even if the finals series were to be scrapped and the minor premier won it all - the 2 x K's are so good at shifting the goalposts, I'm sure a page of excuses as to why we can't finish top in this league would already have been written, before the AFL even signed off on the rule change.

robert redford yes GIF

The sooner the better.

If we are enduring Hinkley for a further two years, and he actually leaves this time, I’d much rather see the first properly open interview process at Port since pretty much ever than Carr be thrown the keys.

• Fos headhunted
• Motley takes over from Fos
• Fos takes over from Motley
• Jack takes over from Fos
• Russ takes over from Jack
• Jack takes over from Russ
• Choc takes over from Jack
• Primus takes over from Choc
• ‘ThE RiGhT MaN sTaNdInG’ coaches until the sun goes red giant, then white dwarf
Promoting from within has its pros and cons although I think the culture of the club in the past has made it possible. Of that list Hinkley is the outlier.

While I'm not a person who thinks we should look only internally, I think we have gone away from who we are and Koch and Hinkley are at the forefront of that. In a way I'd like to see getting the 2004 band back together, whoever that might mean as the head coach.

We have all the keys to win a flag, our Achilles heal is the country hick at the helm, it's so dam frustrating.
So how many years did the AFL decide that Port were not allowed to play in a Grand Final after the 2007 debacle?
Was it 20 years?

Finally that will soon be over.

We are in the one GF per generation loop right?
Just enough to keep the fans paying, not enough to disturb the smaller loop with the higher revenues.

Isn't that how it works?

So remind me, when do we take over our own board and decide these things for ourselves again?
When we are debt free?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So how many years did the AFL decide that Port were not allowed to play in a Grand Final after the 2007 debacle?
Was it 20 years?

Finally that will soon be over.

We are in the one GF per generation loop right?
Just enough to keep the fans paying, not enough to disturb the smaller loop with the higher revenues.

Isn't that how it works?

So remind me, when do we take over our own board and decide these things for ourselves again?
When we are debt free?
I thought somebody said that we didn't owe the AFL any money only banks. That says to me we should be voting in our own board.

Promoting from within has its pros and cons although I think the culture of the club in the past has made it possible. Of that list Hinkley is the outlier.

While I'm not a person who thinks we should look only internally, I think we have gone away from who we are and Koch and Hinkley are at the forefront of that. In a way I'd like to see getting the 2004 band back together, whoever that might mean as the head coach.
Promoting within is only ok if the person 'within' is from a winning culture. Hinkley is a natural born loser from a losing culture. He speaks it and breathes it.

Anyone from his school should be gone
I'd start with Lobbe and Hartlett. Jonas apparently has.some type of role. Get rid of him and anyone else that has only known this loser.

In an ideal world it would be good to see any or all of the following Carr, Lade, Primus, Dew, Chocko, Francou, Chadbro, Mahoney, Junior Burger, Schofield and Tredders all involved in some capacity.

Hinkley era losers adios. You can live your best lives with Hinkers.

There is clearly a succession plan. No coach says that he hopes his deputy will be a senior coach at his club without one.

This succession plan may not have a date set- it might be just at the next downturn in club fortunes- but I am confident Carr will be the next coach of the PAFC.
Hopefully when the time comes for ken to Fu K right off (hopefully soon as it's about 7 years over due) Warren will be the voice of reason in the board room so they get the best person possible. And that person needs to have no connection to donuts whatsoever. I've no faith in Carr as things stand right now

It will very easy to transfer my Hinkley hatred to Carr if they opt for a farewell hugs and kisses type of hand over. He ****ed up not knifing this campaigner for the senior coaching position. Any list he now inherits is fully initiated in the Hinkley losing mindset.

It will very easy to transfer my Hinkley hatred to Carr if they opt for a farewell hugs and kisses type of hand over. He ****ed up not knifing this campaigner for the senior coaching position. Any list he now inherits is fully initiated in the Hinkley losing mindset.
Agree. Carr will have a few years of Hinkley donut juice injected into his mindset. We need someone with fresh vision and cultural ethos. Players also need to feel very uncomfortable and re-establishing their commitment to actually succeeding. The Dixon's, Burton's, and the other soft cheeses can bleed if they wish to play again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back