Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley

Sack him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All defensive tags seemed to have backfired brilliantly, with the medal going to the tag on McGovern. Remember how that ended?
Yes. And we keep thinking that it will work if only we can find the right person to do it. It is our zoning that causes it not to be effective rather than the player. My view for all its worth.

tG26bqw.jpg

"Six hours, nineteen minutes, right ascension, fourteen degrees, twenty-three minutes declination... no sacking."

Allow me to think aloud.

I spend an unhealthy amount of time thinking about PAFC, but it's what one tends to do when it involves something they love so dearly. I can't help but wonder if change is in the air?

In recent weeks we have seen:
  1. A Chairman put his foot in his mouth over Voss interviewing with Carlton
  2. A coach bumble his way through pre and post match pressers
  3. Increasing media scrutiny of the club's on-field performances exacerbated by the horror show that was the Brisbane game
  4. Conflicting treatment of Duursma from his resting/dropping/non-selection to his "bow and arrow" to the point where coach, assistant coach and senior players publicly aired different opinions
  5. Mysterious "off-site" meetings
  6. Players yet to be signed to contract extensions (perhaps a Football Manager waiting for a new coach...or players waiting for a new coach)
Everything I see leads me to think there has been change behind closed doors. The club may say they're backing Hinkley in, which one would expect of any club where their coach is contracted, but I wouldn't be so sure it means the club won't decide to make a change. So much has been said of Hinkley's contract status and the reality is very few, if any of us, unless we are Ken, Keith, or a member of the Board truly know the contractual nuances.

What we do know, because even Ken has said so, is missing the finals would be a failure. Could it be, as has been speculated, that finals is, in fact, a trigger clause in Ken's contract and missing the finals is enough for the club and Ken to part ways at the end, or before the end of 2019, by mutual agreement?

I think the next few weeks are interesting and I will be listening carefully to the noises coming from Alberton and watching, carefully, the demeanour of Ken, win or lose.

I wake up every morning with a glimmer of hope that the club as called a press conference for 11am. Maybe tomorrow.
But you know what the best part of my day is? It's for about ten seconds from when I pull out my phone to when I get to BigFooty. Because I think maybe I'll get on there and I'll check the Port Board and Ken won't be there. No goodbye, no see you later, no nothin'. Just left. I don't know much, but I know that.

maxresdefault.jpg

Some ex Carlton player said that Mick Malthouse had a s**thouse relationship with his players. He knew how to knock them down but wasn’t capable of building them up again. That isn’t Ken at least.

Some ex Carlton player (read - delisted from Carlton, who have won 12 wooden spoons in the past 6 years) said that Mick Malthouse (AFL coaching games record holder, triple premiership coach, 7 time grand final coach) wasn't capable of making players believe in themselves.

Yeah, righto.

Rucci article on Richardson to PAFC

“A large property on the north-east edge of Melbourne and family will keep Richardson from a return to Alberton, denying many Port Adelaide fans their wish to see the Hinkley-Richardson tandem restored.”

I know Rucci dribbles sh** but wow, just wtf? What fans are you exactly referring to Rucci? Ken Hinkley? Yourself?

Jesus Christ man

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allow me to think aloud.

I spend an unhealthy amount of time thinking about PAFC, but it's what one tends to do when it involves something they love so dearly. I can't help but wonder if change is in the air?

In recent weeks we have seen:
  1. A Chairman put his foot in his mouth over Voss interviewing with Carlton
  2. A coach bumble his way through pre and post match pressers
  3. Increasing media scrutiny of the club's on-field performances exacerbated by the horror show that was the Brisbane game
  4. Conflicting treatment of Duursma from his resting/dropping/non-selection to his "bow and arrow" to the point where coach, assistant coach and senior players publicly aired different opinions
  5. Mysterious "off-site" meetings
  6. Players yet to be signed to contract extensions (perhaps a Football Manager waiting for a new coach...or players waiting for a new coach)
Everything I see leads me to think there has been change behind closed doors. The club may say they're backing Hinkley in, which one would expect of any club where their coach is contracted, but I wouldn't be so sure it means the club won't decide to make a change. So much has been said of Hinkley's contract status and the reality is very few, if any of us, unless we are Ken, Keith, or a member of the Board truly know the contractual nuances.

What we do know, because even Ken has said so, is missing the finals would be a failure. Could it be, as has been speculated, that finals is, in fact, a trigger clause in Ken's contract and missing the finals is enough for the club and Ken to part ways at the end, or before the end of 2019, by mutual agreement?

I think the next few weeks are interesting and I will be listening carefully to the noises coming from Alberton and watching, carefully, the demeanour of Ken, win or lose.

>Everything I see leads me to think there has been change behind closed doors.

Sadly no. Just an acknowledgement that they may make a decision tomorrow, to authorise Keith to execute said decision following the GWS game, depending on attendance numbers and our performance

If it were a fait accompli then there would not be a coterie aggressively agitating right now for serious KKK structural change at the club.

Ken is a plod of a coach for sure, but there are also some other big problems with the two other K's at Alberton

Home straight anyway. I can't see Ken being here next year. They know it will literally kill the club on and off field. All our screaming at the moment is mostly therapy and venting, and because the clowns on the board appear to not see and recognise the problems, which is largely true

Sadly, what we have today is not muxh more than just a franchise club that leases the port history, clubrooms and training ground and makes it an 18 club victorian competition

>Everything I see leads me to think there has been change behind closed doors.

Sadly no. Just an acknowledgement that they may make a decision tomorrow, to authorise Keith to execute said decision following the GWS game, depending on attendance numbers and our performance

If it were a fait accompli then there would not be a coterie aggressively agitating right now for serious KKK structural change at the club.

Ken is a plod of a coach for sure, but there are also some other big problems with the two other K's at Alberton

Home straight anyway. I can't see Ken being here next year. They know it will literally kill the club on and off field. All our screaming at the moment is mostly therapy and venting, and because the clowns on the board appear to not see and recognise the problems, which is largely true

Sadly, what we have today is not muxh more than just a franchise club that leases the port history, clubrooms and training ground and makes it an 18 club victorian competition

There is some pain to go yet, even with a new coach, however keeping ken is not an option, it could be the worst financial thing they could. get the right coach, weed out the weak players, bring some excitement back and K & K can feel likes its 2013 again.

Surely they must go to work hating it a fair bit, even if they don't read social themselves, they would be told what the mood is, ignore it at your peril.

Just get on with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back