Roast Sack Koch - Chairman of The Redeem Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe I've missed something here - what exactly do Port fans have to be grateful about?

• Grateful that we won't win the wooden spoon?
  • Grateful that we can beat crap teams on a regular basis?
  • Grateful that we manage to challenge good teams - conveniently forgetting the fact that we hardly ever beat them?

The only thing I'm currently grateful about is that I'll be saving hundreds of dollars on membership fees for next year.

The other thing is, footy didn’t begin in 2013.

Since the 2004 premiership:

• ‘dream final’
• ‘12th and loving it’
• pr¡ckteasing mediocrity of 08-09
• the nadir of 10-12
• the respectable promise of 13-14
• prickteasing mediocrity of 15-19
• a surprise minor premiership amidst an asterisk-laden minefield culminating in a heartbreaking home PF loss most of us weren’t allowed to actually go and see (I did)
• a follow-up home PF ending in our heaviest home defeat since 2011
• 0-5 start. more mediocrity.

Port fans have been through the absolute ringer for the better part of 20 years.

Ungrateful? Impatient? Unrealistic?

If anything, it’s a surprise the joint isn’t being burned down as we speak.

The more I think of the fact he did what he did on a Channel 7 news bit instead of an open letter to members is the grossest part of this whole situation. How tone deaf can you possibly be.

I am honestly perplexed by this guy’s profile and relative success. I can hardly think of a more mediocre person.
That's pretty much his schtick.

To be an unthreatening presence for middle aged house wives.

I'm not having a dip at any specific poster, but people still referring to the useless campaigner as `kochie' can sound like it's a term of affection, when it's obvious now the vast majority of regular posters on this site have absolutely no respect for the clown and his management style at all.

I have no doubt he and his ginormous ego still see himself as kochie the great saviour of the PAFC, when in actual fact he is kokhead the ineffectual w***er!

Poor Kochie. It hasn’t happened for him. 150 celebrations and China fizzed due to Covid. The coach has been proven to not being able to
get the team to the last hurdle. He’s now being called out by media as being football naive and caps it off with a mr squigglesque backing of Hinkley.

Say Koch wanted to sack Hinkley. Can the board kock block him?

IF that were the case, and if Koch had decided Kenny needed to go a couple of days ago, there are 2 ways he could be thwarted:

1. The board said no, he didn’t have the numbers
2. The afl said no. No to the pay out, no to the sacking

Best guess says no.2 obvs

What I have noticed is that the Koch puppet has made a point recently of making big gestures to the faithful and tried to make it seem like he’s the one fighting for you, but other forces (bad) are stopping him

He wanted the prison bars, but Jeff Browne tricked him

He wanted to review all positions, but the AFL stopped him

My question would be whether he knew the answer was no before he even went public in the first place?

I’d say high likely

Koch would know that one of the reasons why the AFL wanted Duncanson and his board gone was because they firstly signed off on the extension of Mark Williams and then bowed to supporter pressure and sacked him and had to pay his contract while employing a new coach, which was why we could only get the likes of Primus. It proved that they didn't have the stones to run a football club.

Extending Hinkley for two years after negotiating a 25% haircut ($800k down to $600k) per season but then removing the 50% payout clause (which made the contract value be the same) after the team was guaranteed a top four spot in 2020 was something that anyone sane would have done. You can say the 2017 extension wasn't that, but this one certainly was.

I don't want to go through 2011/2012 bullshit ever again. So if it means 20% of you drop off for the year, for good, whatever, I don't give a *. The club listened to the fans in 2010. You can't tell me that Williams coaching through 2011 and 2012 would have been any worse.

Koch would know that one of the reasons why the AFL wanted Duncanson and his board gone was because they firstly signed off on the extension of Mark Williams and then bowed to supporter pressure and sacked him and had to pay his contract while employing a new coach, which was why we could only get the likes of Primus. It proved that they didn't have the stones to run a football club.

Extending Hinkley for two years after negotiating a 25% haircut ($800k down to $600k) per season but then removing the 50% payout clause (which made the contract value be the same) after the team was guaranteed a top four spot in 2020 was something that anyone sane would have done. You can say the 2017 extension wasn't that, but this one certainly was.

I don't want to go through 2011/2012 bullshit ever again. So if it means 20% of you drop off for the year, for good, whatever, I don't give a *. The club listened to the fans in 2010. You can't tell me that Williams coaching through 2011 and 2012 would have been any worse.

Choco shouldn’t have coached in 2008.

If someone deserves to leave, he deserves to leave. It doesn’t matter if things get worse afterwards. It’s another issue entirely.

I will say it again. Things will get worse after Koch and Hinkley. They made sure that will be the case. They still need to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Koch’s leadership of the board was an epic failure, club debt has doubled.

Why even extend Hinkleys contract early 2021 on the back of a prelim loss when the previous 5 years had been a huge failure?

Had Koch not gone of early with that extension, we could have told Hinkley to walk at the end of 2021 after the club was embarrassed in a prelim.

We wouldn’t be stuck in the horrific position we are in now.

Koch’s leadership of the board was an epic failure, club debt has doubled.

Why even extend Hinkleys contract early 2021 on the back of a prelim loss when the previous 5 years had been a huge failure?

Had Koch not gone of early with that extension, we could have told Hinkley to walk at the end of 2021 after the club was embarrassed in a prelim.

We wouldn’t be stuck in the horrific position we are in now.
Yup, he's like the Liberal Party, run up a * ton of debt looking after your mates whilst hoodwinking people that you are the fiscally prudent ones.

and then bowed to supporter pressure and sacked him

• 5-9 record + 7 losses in a row (his farewell game the 8th)
• eleventh season
• third consecutive season without finals after a VFL/AFL record GF defeat

“supporter pressure”

The whole point of taking a paycut was to decrease the contract value during industry-wide extraordinary financial pressures from a pandemic unknown in the modern world. It doesn't make sense to remove the buyout clause based off a single season heavily compromised by circumstance that were variable between states.

Never but never say anything is a waste of time.
How would we the members & supporters get Koch the cancer out of our club? He's the problem, has been for a long time now.

I've read your posts about him, and formed my own opinion on him based on what I see him do or not do, and he's the single biggest weight around our clubs neck, and will continue to be post Hinkley's reign as coach. It seems the position as chairman of the Port Adelaide Football Club is something he holds as something he claim as a title, a medal to show to his mates. He cares very little about the core supporter base and anything else about our great club.

Last night he basically spat in the die hard Port Adelaide supporters faces. He knew what he was doing, hiding behind Channel 7 rather then annouce it to the members first as he can hide in Sydney, and we play away this week so he won't face the vitriol aimed his way. Even if he was over here in Adelaide he'd be hiding somewhere.

The sooner that cancer is gone from the club the better.

I had told to me this morning by someone who'd know the only way to drive Hinkley and in turn Koch out of the club is if us supporters put the pressure on them however we can. They both don't like it, one in particular hates it. If we can make the place untenable we can claim our club back. How that's done in the correct manner is for smarter people then me to decide.

Someone get outside the sunrise studio with a sack Koch banner
Said to a mate this morning, "After last night's announcement, I'm more likely to watch Married at First Sight, than I am to watch Sunrise." :)

That's it. He wasted the last chance to save his legacy.

We need him gone.

I think enough public pressure will fracture his ego enough to make it happen.

I want signs, stickers and Facebook posts everywhere.

Alyx can you make one of those borders to go around your Facebook profile.

Failing that we need an alternate board led by the Cahills and Tredders with appropriately skilled additions to be put forward to the AFL with an accompanying petition showing overwhelming support for change.

This is it. A fight for the very life of our club as we know it.

#SACKKOCH
Where do we sign!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back