Traded Sam Mitchell [traded to West Coast with picks 54 and 72 for picks 52, 70 and 88]

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a coaching salary cap?

There's plenty wrong with it. It's an monetary enticement to transfer to a club over and above what they are allowed to pay players under their cap. If they pay Mitchell $50,000 next year with a $2 million dollar coaching contract the next year, what does this say about the deal?

It says there's 2 different contracts in place for 2 different types of employment.
Do you really think anybody would be dumb enough to have him sign a coaching contract whilst still playing?
You are just potting the eagles.

Spurs coach and not even close. Telling a kid to take the money after 1 season vs telling former capt and club champion to play his final season on the other side of the country is disgraceful.
You heard his coaching philosophy towards players?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

So WC think there a 34 year old midfielder away from a flag. Bizarre.

Probably not without Naitanui but he comes in and instantly improves our midfield so why not go for it.

The coaching role is the icing.

Well football department I should have said (for coaching, not heads).
There's no on-field or recruitment penalty for spending over the football department cap. Clubs as big as West Coast will happily go over the limit, pay the 'tax' on extra spent, if it means winning a premiership.

Did I say that? No. I'm sure there's some questionable people there, as there is at any club.

You just don't get it, do you? It's about management, leadership, getting the best out of people when it's necessary. I know that there's players on recreational drugs at every club... so what? I'm not calling them the moral peak of the sporting world, but they back each other in and look after each other.

Want an example of the opposite? Look at how Mark Thompson handled Gary Ablett Jnr.

I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

have a week off your dealer

It says there's 2 different contracts in place for 2 different types of employment.
Do you really think anybody would be dumb enough to have him sign a coaching contract whilst still playing?
You are just potting the eagles.
Who cares if there are two different contracts? Tom Scully and his dad were two different people, but when GWS paid his dad to work for them, that got included under the cap.

Who cares if there are two different contracts? Tom Scully and his dad were two different people, but when GWS paid his dad to work for them, that got included under the cap.

Because it's football department spending.

What you really want is all player salary cap and football department caps under one cap.

Surprised Hawks fans are so positive about this move. Coach pushes out club champion for salary cap relief to pick up lesser players.

Mitchell is still their best player so not sure even swapping Mitchell's works for next season (not even a straight swap compensation wise anyway).

Lol, salary cap cheating. Do you people ever feel embarrassed by your posts?
I know I do but those posts are usually the ones made in the heat of an actual game.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a coaching salary cap?

There's plenty wrong with it. It's an monetary enticement to transfer to a club over and above what they are allowed to pay players under their cap. If they pay Mitchell $50,000 next year with a $2 million dollar coaching contract the next year, what does this say about the deal?

It says that the AFL would veto it.

Then you clearly don't understand and are blurring lines with reference to Scully. Moving on, enjoy the debate with others

Who starts a sentence with "umm"?
Someone responding to a person without a clue.

Maybe I should point out to defensive (clueless) Hawthorn posters, we're not suggesting Hawthorn are doing anything wrong.

Surprised Hawks fans are so positive about this move. Coach pushes out club champion for salary cap relief to pick up lesser players.

Mitchell is still their best player so not sure even swapping Mitchell's works for next season (not even a straight swap compensation wise anyway).

They will be in full on meltdown when they realise how bad their midfield is without Mitchell there next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back