Traded Sam Petrevski-Seton [Traded to West Coast as part of three way trade for Pick 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

Most drafts go well beyond 49.

Depending on the Cerra trade, it could be Carlton's first pick.
lol, Cerra won't get you more then pick 18 next year and a fringe type from Melbourne. I don't even want him at Carlton, we need speed and size through the middle and he possesses neither.

TBH and I think it's fair a future third rounder, i've said it before. Everyone expects WCE to tumble further down the ladder and if you consider our second half of 2021 thats bottom 4. A pick around 40 in a draft where players will actually have the chance to expose their talent and wares from Victoria is probably a lot more favourable to Carlton.

Even if it's 35 I don't actually mind that much as I see 8 picks being chewed by daicos and darcy between 30-48 so that 49 likely comes down to 41-42.

Not sure he’ll work at West Coast, unless they looking to dramatically change game plan. Think he needs to go to a team that plays dynamic/chaos football not one focused on ball control.
If you watch sps play is number 1 priority is ball control. Carlton fans want him to take more risks. I think he's been coached to take no risks, he needs more freedom.

If you watch sps play is number 1 priority is ball control. Carlton fans want him to take more risks. I think he's been coached to take no risks, he needs more freedom.

I agree, hes sacrificed his under 18 traits for a ball control style that makes him completely impotent. He will be the same player at west coast. He needs to go somewhere that will let his natural game come out.

Not sure he’ll work at West Coast, unless they looking to dramatically change game plan. Think he needs to go to a team that plays dynamic/chaos football not one focused on ball control.

Really? He’s one of the most standard, conservative decision makers, despite a pretty common perception he has a heap of X-factor.

He’d probably benefit from going to a side with some predictability with their ball movement. Never seemed to understand his role and what he was supposed to be doing most of the time.

Last edited:

I don’t think that is the case at all.

Teague was always try to bring players best attributes to the fore, as clumsy as that was at times. SPS just doesn’t trust himself and or he doesn’t actually know what to do a lot of the time.

Maybe there is some element in of overcoaching, but the reality is you can’t just coast and freewheel in the AFL in the same manner he was allowed to in the WAFL 18’s.

Am I taking crazy pills??

I don't want to be mean, but SPS isn't worth anything. He has extremely low trade value. Carlton had half their team out in that final game and he still couldn't get in the best 22. And Carlton aren't exactly world beaters.

He may have potential, but potential as a selling point can be used for a player who is like 20 and only gotten a handful of games because a great team squeezed him out. Not someone who has played close to 100. Luke Duntan I would personally take over SPS, and he got delisted!

Am I taking crazy pills??

I don't want to be mean, but SPS isn't worth anything. He has extremely low trade value. Carlton had half their team out in that final game and he still couldn't get in the best 22. And Carlton aren't exactly world beaters.

He may have potential, but potential as a selling point can be used for a player who is like 20 and only gotten a handful of games because a great team squeezed him out. Not someone who has played close to 100. Luke Duntan I would personally take over SPS, and he got delisted!
Not sure Luke Dunstan is old enough for Geelong, and SPS is clearly way too young... so of course you do not value him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We bought this thing.
We tried to put it together, but it didn’t go too well, so now we’re selling it.
But we want full price, oh, and you can fix the mistakes we made. We know it will be good once it gets fixed. You’re getting a bargain, really.

But if you don’t want it, it’ll probably be on the verge collection next month

WC, please don’t spend more than 3rd on this bloke. Carlton are insufferable enough

Unfortunately for Blues supporters like me, we won’t get the return on what we think SPS is worth based on his potential which is very high.

I would say he’s worth a pick between 35-45 (late 2nd early 3rd).

If west coast have pick 49 that might be what it comes down to. Unfortunately Teague has destroyed not only his output but also his resale value.

Brander straight swap also seems fair.

Future 3rd as well.

Blues supporters thinking he’s worth more than that aren’t looking at it objectively.

We bought this thing.
We tried to put it together, but it didn’t go too well, so now we’re selling it.
But we want full price, oh, and you can fix the mistakes we made. We know it will be good once it gets fixed. You’re getting a bargain, really.

But if you don’t want it, it’ll probably be on the verge collection next month

WC, please don’t spend more than 3rd on this bloke. Carlton are insufferable enough
I think a lot of Blues fans appreciate were selling low, which is why many would prefer a player over picks. Ideally a player who hasn't delivered amazing results for you, but has had games where they've shown their potential.

Brander seems most likely, but I'd also be interested in where your list management team values Petruccelle. If SPS is being recruited as a mid/fwd, who do you expect would be pushed out of the 22 for him?

Just a thought here say he does nominate Melbourne and Freo talk Jackson into coming over with a 5-6 year deal worth 4 million.
I think a lot of Blues fans appreciate were selling low, which is why many would prefer a player over picks. Ideally a player who hasn't delivered amazing results for you, but has had games where they've shown their potential.

Brander seems most likely, but I'd also be interested in where your list management team values Petruccelle. If SPS is being recruited as a mid/fwd, who do you expect would be pushed out of the 22 for him?

Carlton chasing Petrucelle is what got him his 3 year contract with us last year. I can see the question being asked again but younger player who was widely seen as a development type, still contracted etc, It would be a pick upgrade for West Coast not a direct swap.

Carlton chasing Petrucelle is what got him his 3 year contract with us last year. I can see the question being asked again but younger player who was widely seen as a development type, still contracted etc, It would be a pick upgrade for West Coast not a direct swap.
I think if we also saw Fisher wanting a return home, then we would seriously be pushing for Petrucelle.

Carlton won't want to pay any more than pick 6 for Cerra which I expect will push it towards the end of the period. Freo's lack of late picks makes any shuffles a bit hard to predict.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back