Traded Sam Petrevski-Seton [Traded to West Coast as part of three way trade for Pick 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

He's worth a lot more than 49.

If he can build a tank, and learn to kick more than 20m he'd be a gun.
He is a 5th year player averaging 14 touches a game and was not in your best 22 as the 13th placed team .

You dont pay for potential on a player after 5 years . We shouldn't have to pay overs because you mismanaged him

If we wasn't a pick 6 this wouldn't even be a discussion

He is a 5th year player averaging 14 touches a game and was not in your best 22 as the 13th placed team .

You dont pay for potential on a player after 5 years . We shouldn't have to pay overs because you mismanaged him

Its not about where he was picked, it's the fact he's literally displayed elite traits at AFL level. He's had some very good games, and patches in others.

We've clearly mismanaged him over the past few years, which has stagnated his development. He's been thrust into a HBF role that he shouldnt be playing in. Every man and his dog can see that' he should be being used as a HFF/ outside Mid where his disposal counts.

That's not even a debate there. It's acknowledged by all and sundry.

That said, some of the blame has to go on Samo as well. He has flaws in his game that he hasnt ironed out yet (he tries too hard at times to be a one touch player, doesnt do enough of the hard stuff, and has yet to build a tank - plus the infuriating trait he has of constantly kicking to short options). He's best summed up as a classy player with a limited 30m radius, who drifts in and out of games at the moment; and I havent seen any development come from him (not withstanding our mismanagement of him).

All the above can be ironed out with the right environment and the right coaching. He has elite traits; it's just we havent been able to get the best out of him yet on a consistent basis.

Its not about where he was picked, it's the fact he's literally displayed elite traits at AFL level. He's had some very good games, and patches in others.

We've clearly mismanaged him over the past few years, which has stagnated his development. He's been thrust into a HBF role that he shouldnt be playing in. Every man and his dog can see that' he should be being used as a HFF/ outside Mid where his disposal counts.

That said, some of the blame has to go on Samo as well. He has flaws in his game that he hasnt ironed out yet (he tries too hard at times to be a one touch player, doesnt do enough of the hard stuff, and has yet to build a tank - plus the infuriating trait he has of constantly kicking to short options). He's best summed up as a classy player with a limited 30m radius, who drifts in and out of games at the moment; and I havent seen any development come from him (not withstanding our mismanagement of him).

All the above can be ironed out with the right environment and the right coaching. He has elite traits; it's just we havent been able to get the best out of him yet on a consistent basis.
Why should we have to pay for your clubs mistakes in draft capital?

Why should we have to pay for your clubs mistakes in draft capital?

That's not the point. I was only rebutting your argument that I was rating him on his draft position (which I am not).

I'm rating the player on the player, what I have seen of him, what his deficiencies are and where he excels.

Get him in the right position (and to pull his finger out) and get the right coaching behind him, and Im sure he'll be a consistent best performer in a side.

That's not the point. I was only rebutting your argument that I was rating him on his draft position (which I am not).

I'm rating the player on the player, what I have seen of him, what his deficiencies are and where he excels.

Get him in the right position (and to pull his finger out) and get the right coaching behind him, and Im sure he'll be a consistent best performer in a side.
What do you think lipinski is worth ?
He has better exposed form than SPS and is the same age and contract status.

He was the sub for a few games which will effect those stats. Playing in the back pocket didn’t help.

Played 94 games in 5 years before falling out of favour with Teague (the guy we just sacked) in the last half of 2021. Saying he hasn’t been best 22 is disingenuous. I reckon Voss would’ve found a spot for him and he’d be spewing to lose him.

If he wasn’t a pick 6 he’d still be a 23 year old with nearly 100 games under his belt and plenty of talent. There’s a reason you’re after him. You know what he is capable of.

I’m not expecting the world for him but don’t be surprised if 29/35 are involved in the deal.

He was the sub for a few games which will effect those stats. Playing in the back pocket didn’t help.

Played 94 games in 5 years before falling out of favour with Teague (the guy we just sacked) in the last half of 2021. Saying he hasn’t been best 22 is disingenuous. I reckon Voss would’ve found a spot for him and he’d be spewing to lose him.

If he wasn’t a pick 6 he’d still be a 23 year old with nearly 100 games under his belt and plenty of talent. There’s a reason you’re after him. You know what he is capable of.

I’m not expecting the world for him but don’t be surprised if 29/35 are involved in the deal.

This is almost exactly the same situation

I'm under no illusion that a pick around 50 is all we will get for brander

This is almost exactly the same situation

I'm under no illusion that a pick around 50 is all we will get for brander

Probably similar, though Lipinski has played half the football and IMO doesn’t have the same ceiling. Lipinski has more exposed form on ball. Both are ready to go and are AFL quality. SPS hasn’t lived up to his pick but that doesn’t mean he’s a dud.

Brander has not been offered a contract by WCE. I believe the other two have.

That’s all well and good but he isn’t a consistent player after 5 years. So can’t expect a club to give you the “if he reaches full potential” value when he isn’t anywhere near that.

As far as I see it, he is damaged goods and odds are very much against him becoming a consistent player. It’s really a rarity that it works out well.

If Carlton is lucky maybe get a 3rd round pick.

Worth absolutely nothing.

I wouldnt say nothing but given he has played almost 100 games and all gifted he showed flashes of AFL quality
Compare SPS to lipinski both from the same draft SPS pick 6 in the 13th side Lipinski pick 28 in top two side View attachment 1244414View attachment 1244415
What will Lipinski be traded for ?

My guess a late pick

Silly comparison one played defence and the other midfield

SPS was pretty good at ground ball gets and rarely wasted it. His work rate and overall ethic was putrid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are there more freo supporters than wce supporters in this thread

Is it because they thought SPS was going to be bargain steak knives ?

Freo supporters have done nothing but talk SPS down .

I dont think he is best 22 when we have a full squad but worth a punt with a late pick hopefully 49 .

Not an awful pick as it will drop significantly with the FS bids . Probably down to 42/43 .

Plenty of vic lads will slide due to not much footy over the last 2 years plenty of diamonds late in this draft
49 wont even be used on draft night, he can go to the draft.

West Coast will get a free hit on him with a late pick heading to Carlton

Or he is delisted (likely) and picked up as a Rookie (No loss to WC if he fails)

He won't be delisted.

The problem is, how many outside mids/HFF have poor tanks these days? This is where most successful sides have their gut runners nowadays.

Probably similar, though Lipinski has played half the football and IMO doesn’t have the same ceiling. Lipinski has more exposed form on ball. Both are ready to go and are AFL quality. SPS hasn’t lived up to his pick but that doesn’t mean he’s a dud.

Brander has not been offered a contract by WCE. I believe the other two have.
Brander has his manager is just playing silly buggers trying to get him more . Was offered a contract to extend last year but he wanted to increase his value by the sound of it . Now he is playing the I have other offers card .

Brander's trajectory is still going upward . But we have played him out of position to try fit him in the team because he does have a lot of talent and want him to play at afl level even if its as a tall winger .

I'm under no illusion that brander could be picked up for a 3rd rounder and that team will get a bargain .

Its just the fear that they will reach their potential at another club that makes you believe players are worth more

49 wont even be used on draft night, he can go to the draft.
No afl draft has ever had less than 59 picks and that was last year in a pandemic with list sizes reducing. Of course 49 will get used. It'll probably even shuffle down a few places.

I'm interested to know if when SPS is inevitably traded for a pick swap or a fourth rounder will all Carlton posters be reevaluating their reasoning, or will they just blame Lloyd?

He has had 2 games in his entire career where he got over 25 possies, one was 35 next best was 26.. that sums him up, he is richard tambling.. late 3rd round pick..

No afl draft has ever had less than 59 picks and that was last year in a pandemic with list sizes reducing. Of course 49 will get used. It'll probably even shuffle down a few places.

I'm interested to know if when SPS is inevitably traded for a pick swap or a fourth rounder will all Carlton posters be reevaluating their reasoning, or will they just blame Lloyd?
I don't really care what we get for him, he is another Kane Lucas imo, doesn't want it enough but I dont care for pick 49.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back