Recommitted Sean Darcy [Re-signed 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 7, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Portland Trail Blazers
https://www.afl.com.au/news/632040/...s-make-move-before-ruck-merry-go-round-begins

With Jordan Clark and Quintin Narkle potentially heading home back to the West, could Geelong bundle up a suitable package of players and/or draft picks to Freo and manage to lure the rising ex-Falcon home?

The article here suggests that Freo will do everything in its power to prevent that from happening. However, until Sean puts pen to paper and agrees to extend beyond 2022, the speculation will only increase.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/632040/...s-make-move-before-ruck-merry-go-round-begins

With Jordan Clark and Quentin Narkle potentially heading home back to the West, could Geelong bundle up a suitable package of players and/or draft picks to Freo and manage to lure the rising ex-Falcon home?

The article here suggests that Freo will do everything in its power to prevent that from happening. However, until Sean puts pen to paper and agrees to extend beyond 2022, the speculation will only increase.

Oh Jesus Christ, here we go.

GOING KNOWHERE! You'd want to add a top 10 and another first to go with Clark and Narkle for us to even enter the room.

Oh Jesus Christ, here we go.

GOING KNOWHERE! You'd want to add a top 10 and another first to go with Clark and Narkle for us to even enter the room.
Calm your farm, fella. I never said, "Clark and Narkle alone would get a deal over the line". What I did ask was whether Geelong could bundle a suitable package of players and draft picks to get the deal done.

I listed those two players as they're an obvious choice given that Freo is currently trying to secure Jordan Clark anyway, and Narkle is also rumoured to be seeking further opportunities elsewhere and is from the Fremantle/Peel area.

For mine, I think a low first-round draft pick along with Clark and Narkle would be a fair trade. Both players would provide a lot of upside for Freo. However, I understand that unless Darcy himself states he wants out, Geelong's hand is very weak.

It will be interesting to see what happens from here.

Last edited:
Yeah this will go well...

FWIW, Darcy by all accounts loves it here and is going nowhere
The discussion about Darcy has been an idle simmer for some time on the Cats board, but has roared to life in recent weeks, fuelled by speculation of his playing future by a multitude of (questionable) sources.

However, since the AFL website has given it fodder, I thought it was appropriate to create a thread.

There's certainly been no suggestion that Darcy is looking to go home. But given that two West Aussie's look set to be discussed in an upcoming trade with Freo, you'd imagine that Geelong would at least be asking the question.

The discussion about Darcy has been an idle simmer for some time on the Cats board, but has roared to life in recent weeks, fuelled by speculation of his playing future by a multitude of (questionable) sources.

However, since the AFL website has given it fodder, I thought it was appropriate to create a thread.

There's certainly been no suggestion that Darcy is looking to go home. But given that two West Aussie's look set to be discussed in an upcoming trade with Freo, you'd imagine that Geelong would at least be asking the question.
Hey, you are entirely fine to start a thread, I'm just letting you know that there is close to no chance he leaves.

You will get some average responses from Freo supporters because none of us think he wants to leave (and we've been worried about Cerra since draft day) and there is nothing in the realms of reality that you would give for us to actually push him out. He's going to be a top 4 / perennial AA ruck for 10 years.

I would genuinely argue he is the most valuable asset on our list given his output, role, contract status and age

Yeah this will go well...

FWIW, Darcy by all accounts loves it here and is going nowhere

Disappointing to see Freo not consider the player's welfare here. You should not be keeping him against his will ;)

To the thread, I don't think we would have the trade capital to get him now - given his on field improvement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he now gettable?

A few factors here.

Freo have Meek and look likely to get Jackson.

Darcy off his tucker. He's from Geelong.

Obviously Geelong would be interested.

What's he worth?

Pick 18ish?

blink-182 wtf GIF

Is he now gettable?

A few factors here.

Freo have Meek and look likely to get Jackson.

Darcy off his tucker. He's from Geelong.

Obviously Geelong would be interested.

What's he worth?

Pick 18ish?
Pick 18ish? Are you talking about Darcy Tucker, you cant surely be talking about Sean Darcy...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back