Status in Question Sexual offenders attending AFL events

Remove this Banner Ad

again, you can't isolate people from society, and one of the best ways to combat racism is to actually have racists experiencing the world.
So how do we go about showing him that it's not awesome, cool or grouse to be a racist or to try and have sex with 12 year old girls?

again, you can't isolate people from society, and one of the best ways to combat racism is to actually have racists experiencing the world.
Yes let's make everyone else suffer so this creep can walk the streets without a worry in the world other than where his next 'meal' is coming from. PC.

Nothing.

Isn't it the basic of western world justice to have people convicted first then brand them sexual offender in the media...

Best way to improve your teams premiership chances: Pay a few underage girls to tell they got raped by Martin/Dangerfield/Franklin...

I think Hawthorn did it right with Hodge: Drink and drive, we don't care as long as you win us premierships...

Who says it's him on social media and not his mischievous, prankster cat?
Faking his photo opportunity with Boyd?
Nope. His time is up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting reading. The dude in question apparently suffers from "mild intellectual impairment", suffered a brain injury in 2012 and still lives with his parents at age 40.

He exchanged 45 messages with an undercover cop posing as a 12 year old from Perth through a messaging app.
  • he did not falsify his identity or try to conceal it;
  • he did not encourage the female to keep the conversations secret;
  • he did not use coercion, threats or inducements;
  • the language he used was not ‘vile, violent or manipulative’;
  • he did not encourage the female to engage in specific sexual acts;
  • there was no suggestion of a physical meeting;
  • his descriptions of physical sexual activity were closer to the realm of fantasy than in other cases;
  • there was no actual victim;
  • the communications were limited in volume (45 messages in total);
  • the communications were of limited duration (3 dates in one week);
  • his level of persistence was at the lowest end;
  • he terminated the communications of his own volition;
  • he pleaded guilty at an early opportunity; and
  • he was remorseful and ashamed and had a desire to avoid similar activity in the future.
There is a pretty wide range of "sexual offending". I think there is a good question as to what level of offending justifies an individual who has (presumably) shown remorse and served his sentence being barred from attempting to rehabilitate in to society. Intuitively I wouldn't want him anywhere near kids or my club, is that too harsh a position? If kids are put at risk it is clearly unacceptable... so the question is what are the risks of this guy attending training sessions, apparently chaperoned by his mum.
I’d just take him out the back and give him a flogging. To much PC bullshit today is just enabling these people to either do it again or become worse. WTF is wrong with the world and people today?

In this case the above is just when he finally got caught cold. Rehabilitation is unlikely, if you know what to look for, you'll find he's been this way for over a decade.

Wasn't aware there have been previous incidents. Pretty shitty burden on society to have to either lock this guy up or monitor him 24/7 to protect kids.

He hasn't even reached the "dirty old man" stage yet and he already has quite the portfolio. It's lucky he doesn't have access to his daughter.

Hard to see him ever being trusted or living the life of somebody who isn't a pedophile (unless it's at our training).

If hes got form of reoffending, send him off to the village of the damned in ararat.

Also good on paige for calling out this flog

Why has this been moved to “Scandal and Rumour” board

It’s fact.

More censorship from BigFooty. Enabling convicted paedophiles are we mods ?

Sweep it under the carpet and it didn’t happen?

To be honest I am really conflicted here as I hate what that man did but at the same time I feel like constantly demonising him, and isolating him from other things he loves (ie football) will mean he is more likely to offend again. Plus, Collingwood training he is not likely to run into a lot of children, at least not anymore than anywhere else, so if he wants to spend time at Collingwood training then it is fine. It would be a problem if he wanted to spend time around a playground but AFL training sessions is fine. We can't make these people disappear from our society, and it is more important to minimise the chance of them reoffending than it is to try and satisfy our own personal need for revenge.
What a strange comment - open training is exactly where you are likely to find children, I go watch Melbourne training next door and there are always heaps of kids there - brought along to get balls and jumpers signed etc. In fact it’s the place where you almost want to hire someone’s kid to take along so as to legitimise your own presence and look less like the type of saddo adult fan who wastes their time standing about for hours watching a bunch of guys doing kicking drills and running laps.

I’ll warrant, given this person’s proclivities, he is very, very aware that there will be children about too. If I were CFC, I wouldn’t want this guy within 5 miles of training.

I’d just take him out the back and give him a flogging. To much PC bullshit today is just enabling these people to either do it again or become worse. WTF is wrong with the world and people today?
People like you talk a big game but when given the opportunity seem to not walk the walk.
How many pedos did you bash this year?

Interesting reading. The dude in question apparently suffers from "mild intellectual impairment", suffered a brain injury in 2012 and still lives with his parents at age 40.

He exchanged 45 messages with an undercover cop posing as a 12 year old from Perth through a messaging app.
  • he did not falsify his identity or try to conceal it;
  • he did not encourage the female to keep the conversations secret;
  • he did not use coercion, threats or inducements;
  • the language he used was not ‘vile, violent or manipulative’;
  • he did not encourage the female to engage in specific sexual acts;
  • there was no suggestion of a physical meeting;
  • his descriptions of physical sexual activity were closer to the realm of fantasy than in other cases;
  • there was no actual victim;
  • the communications were limited in volume (45 messages in total);
  • the communications were of limited duration (3 dates in one week);
  • his level of persistence was at the lowest end;
  • he terminated the communications of his own volition;
  • he pleaded guilty at an early opportunity; and
  • he was remorseful and ashamed and had a desire to avoid similar activity in the future.
There is a pretty wide range of "sexual offending". I think there is a good question as to what level of offending justifies an individual who has (presumably) shown remorse and served his sentence being barred from attempting to rehabilitate in to society. Intuitively I wouldn't want him anywhere near kids or my club, is that too harsh a position? If kids are put at risk it is clearly unacceptable... so the question is what are the risks of this guy attending training sessions, apparently chaperoned by his mum.

In summary, he did aarong thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back