FTA-TV Survivor 40 (Winners at War)

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't like it for a couple of reasons:

1. Unless they're manchildren, they'll struggle physically against the adults (and probably will anyway) and will lose most of the early challenges.
2. Emotional maturity has to come into question. Can you really see a 16 year old surviving 39 days with no contact from family?

These kids don't need to be subjected to Survivor. Hell, 18 or 19 year olds would struggle to cope with the demand, let alone 16 year olds.
Surely they can’t have 16 year olds out there on their own being manipulated by adults. That’s illegal isn’t it?

I don't see how Sarah can argue, aside from blatantly playing the gender card, that she outplayed Tony.

Tony burned her on the Sophie vote so always has one up on her.
I think most would agree with you, including me. However we have all only seen what producers wanted us to see. Another edit wouldn't change that Tony was better with immunity wins and finding HII but there is so much we don't see with social and strategy that it is plausible Sarah was the better player in this arena. I haven't done a tally but suspect more players when voted out gave fire tokens to Sarah than to Tony, including some that Sarah had a hand in voting out. Would they have voted for Sarah over Tony? Everyone's perception is very different, IIRC one poster on here listed Cirie as their best player not to have won. I wouldn't even have her on my radar as she's too weak in challenges and is someone who could easily be targeted for first out.

There has been some whispers that Natalie thought she was going to win but her mind was changed 2-3 months after the show finished when talking to a few of the players.

She isn't very happy that the final count wasn't close.

There has been some whispers that Natalie thought she was going to win but her mind was changed 2-3 months after the show finished when talking to a few of the players.

Probably means there was an Edge pact, would surprise me if there wasn't one mentioned after that much time.

She received too many votes as it was imho

Reading players comments recently I get the impression that Sarah doesn't win against Tony or Natalie in the final 3.
That's what I'd expect against Tony, against Natalie it's harder to know but against either we have to remember that we and the jury never got to hear Sarah's full pitch.

Tony also said that he's surprised Natalie got as many votes as she did, and that he thought Michele deserved more votes than Natalie.

Not sure that Natalie has much to complain about. Best "first boot" game ever played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for sharing that. I'm not a fan of Russell's but agree with most of what he said there.

Not a fan of Russell's as although he was entertaining to watch and was brilliant at aspects of the game he lacked in some areas. Did he just play up to the villain role? I don't know.

I recall Russell not getting any votes at final tribal in the heroes v villains season. He seemed to fundamentally misread the impact his gameplay had in the jury, or perhaps was he ahead of his time? Hard to say.

Speaking of that season, I felt Parvati should’ve won. A constant target throughout, pulled off some big immunity wins when she needed.

I recall Russell not getting any votes at final tribal in the heroes v villains season. He seemed to fundamentally misread the impact his gameplay had in the jury, or perhaps was he ahead of his time? Hard to say.
He lacked jury management in Samoa as well, but he didn't change for HvV which was against seasoned veterans of the game.

Speaking of that season, I felt Parvati should’ve won. A constant target throughout, pulled off some big immunity wins when she needed.
Lots of people do (myself included) and the response is almost always something along the lines of "we just don't get to see the sort of social game that Sandra played"

Thanks for sharing that. I'm not a fan of Russell's but agree with most of what he said there.

Not a fan of Russell's as although he was entertaining to watch and was brilliant at aspects of the game he lacked in some areas. Did he just play up to the villain role? I don't know.
Ethan sold a bunch of Old School Survivor shirts to raise money for charity. Russell stole the design to sell the New School Survivor shirt he's wearing in the video to raise money for himself. He didn't need to play up anything

Ethan sold a bunch of Old School Survivor shirts to raise money for charity. Russell stole the design to sell the New School Survivor shirt he's wearing in the video to raise money for himself. He didn't need to play up anything
Why doesn't that surprise me :rolleyes:

As a relatively young viewer in his first season, I thought he was ripped off by a bitter jury. I've well and truly since learnt that Survivor is much more than getting to the end with the flashiest game.

Sandra got rewarded for trying to warn everybody about him in HvV. Parvati was a bit unlucky from memory.

As a relatively young viewer in his first season, I thought he was ripped off by a bitter jury. I've well and truly since learnt that Survivor is much more than getting to the end with the flashiest game.

Sandra got rewarded for trying to warn everybody about him in HvV. Parvati was a bit unlucky from memory.

Probst has said publicly it was a bitter jury that cost him in Samoa, I rewatched the season months ago and in my opinion he wasn't as bad in the final tribal council as people make him out to be.

I thought he was bad in the final tribal in HvV and Parvati's association with him probably was the reason she lost, I thought she deserved it more than Sandra.

I think it would of been interesting if Tony played season 19 instead of Russell and I wonder if that Jury would of giving Tony the win if he played the exact kind of game he did in his first season.

So is Russ on the outer with Official Survivor?
Undoubtedly my fave character

He made a comment in a video doing a preview for season 40 that after his seasons he was drinking too much and acted like an idiot.

Some in the Survivor circle think he was the person that was leaking spoilers for seasons 19 and 20.

Probst has said publicly it was a bitter jury that cost him in Samoa, I rewatched the season months ago and in my opinion he wasn't as bad in the final tribal council as people make him out to be.

I thought he was bad in the final tribal in HvV and Parvati's association with him probably was the reason she lost, I thought she deserved it more than Sandra.

I think it would of been interesting if Tony played season 19 instead of Russell and I wonder if that Jury would of giving Tony the win if he played the exact kind of game he did in his first season.
I rewatched it either late last year or early this year, but I was watching them all as quickly as possible to stop the subscription, so I didn't absorb them properly and my memory of them all is a bit mixed up. I'm hindsight, I should have saved them for iso!

I'm not sure that a jury can ever be unjustly bitter. If you're playing with sensitive types, you need to factor that into your game play. Some people can handle it and respect the move, some can't and need to be handled differently. It's all part of jury management.

I rewatched it either late last year or early this year, but I was watching them all as quickly as possible to stop the subscription, so I didn't absorb them properly and my memory of them all is a bit mixed up. I'm hindsight, I should have saved them for iso!

I'm not sure that a jury can ever be unjustly bitter. If you're playing with sensitive types, you need to factor that into your game play. Some people can handle it and respect the move, some can't and need to be handled differently. It's all part of jury management.
Haha I did the same early last year. I think you get a month free and I managed to smash through around 30 seasons in 2 months. Worth $10 but waaaaaaay too much Survivor. Think I slept as much as the players in that time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back