Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swan Dive

Team Captain
Sep 10, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Pretty average sort of day here in Sydney, a bit cold, with a 20% chance of rain at some stage.

Let's warm things up tonight and make as much noise as possible to get the boys over the line. :)

Always love this game between us and the Hawks (I rate the hawks)
We beat the the in round 2 the following year after they won the grand final...i think we can do it again tonight

Hopefully Buddy and Tippett fire

Ill be downing beers either way haha

The Swans have their best 22 for 2014 available, minus Pyke and you could make an argument for Mitchell but he is fit. Zero excuses - if they lose they aren't currently good enough.

Calling it now we'll win by over 30.

Tippett to play stay at home forward and tear apart whoever goes to him. Goodes, Buddy and Jetta to provide run and dash into the 50 and Reid to play loose man in defence to cut off Roughie, Gunston and Breust their delivery.

Will be so damn cold, but so excited. No idea who to tip.

gotta work tonight, so I can't attend. Hoping I can find a live stream link at work, not sure I can wait until I get home for the recording, I'll be too tempted to peek at the scores. I usually go radio silence in these situations, but this game..

I hate you so much. Can you stop with the jinxes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dudes I am driving up from Canberra for this and staying in parammata with a mate. I understand the ticket entitles you to free public transport to the venue and back. Does that include busses as well, or just train?
Thanks in advance.

Because by referencing a previous game where I was this confident.. and we won.. is a jinx?

No, but it's silly to come out with a statement like that before playing a side as good as the Hawks given our recent form. There is a difference between confidence and arrogance.*

*By all means happy for you to bring this up if we do win by 30+!

Dudes I am driving up from Canberra for this and staying in parammata with a mate. I understand the ticket entitles you to free public transport to the venue and back. Does that include busses as well, or just train?
Thanks in advance.
covers all government trains and buses., and most private direct buses to the ground.

Dudes I am driving up from Canberra for this and staying in parammata with a mate. I understand the ticket entitles you to free public transport to the venue and back. Does that include buses as well, or just train?
Thanks in advance.

Includes both buses and trains. No worries.

I'm with SM, I'm expecting a good win tonight. No arrogance here, just a gut feeling and confidence in the team.

It's really our game to lose with Mitchell and Lake out. In for us comes Lance and Kurt. Sure it's an untried formula/looking team, but on paper it's irresistible.

gotta work tonight, so I can't attend. Hoping I can find a live stream link at work, not sure I can wait until I get home for the recording, I'll be too tempted to peek at the scores. I usually go radio silence in these situations, but this game..

You sound like you're coming down with something. I'd call in sick.

No, but it's silly to come out with a statement like that before playing a side as good as the Hawks given our recent form. There is a difference between confidence and arrogance.*

*By all means happy for you to bring this up if we do win by 30+!

And I was not arrogant in the slightest. Slightly silly remark. A lot of people come out before games and say "I reckon we'll win by so and so margin, and I'm very confident." That's all I've said. Forgive me for having more faith in my team than some of the negative nancies.

I'm with SM, I'm expecting a good win tonight. No arrogance here, just a gut feeling and confidence in the team.

It's really our game to lose with Mitchell and Lake out. In for us comes Lance and Kurt. Sure it's an untried formula/looking team, but on paper it's irresistible.

Careful, being confident in the team and predicting a win is considered arrogance.

The Swans have their best 22 for 2014 available, minus Pyke and you could make an argument for Mitchell but he is fit. Zero excuses - if they lose they aren't currently good enough.

Yeah, you'd think having an underdone and untried forward line would be pretty much offset by the Hawks missing Lake and Mitchell. Tonight will show us how far off the mark we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back