Teams Tennessee Titans - The Music City Oilers ™

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: vince young's combine results

I've got my doubts about Young as well.

I get the feeling he's either going to be a superstar of monolithic proportions, or a bust of similar status. His Rose Bowl performance is being overinflated, and as others have mentioned, Texas ran a slimline playbook that had quite a number of gimmick sets. If this Wonderlic rumour is true, and i've heard it a few times now, you have to wonder about his ability to absorb a pro-level offence, read NFL defences and go through a series of receiver checks required to be a winner at the highest level.

He'd be a solid pick for a team, but I just don't think he should be talked about as a consensus top-5 pick, even top-10 is questionable. Bush and Leinart are the top guys, Ferguson is not far behind them, but then there's a group of about 6 players who are a lucky dip in terms of draft order. Even Cutler has come out of nowhere to be fancied for the top-10 since the combine.

I just hope that Leonard Pope or a top-notch corner falls to the Bears at 26.

Youngs best shot to become a star is to play as a wide reciever or add 10/15 pounds of muscle and become a tightend.

As a QB he'd be found out by pro defences.

That leaves Cutler and Leinart as the best 2 QB options...its a weak draft indeed.

fuey said:
It's now being said that the rumour is definitely false, though he did score low, around 15 or 16.

Its just the NFL trying to cover their asses from a law suit. He was allowed to take the test again and scored a 16 :rolleyes: but the original test definately took place and he definately got a 6.

Re: Draft Dartboard Dirty Diamonds

marcuz said:
That leaves Cutler and Leinart as the best 2 QB options...its a weak draft indeed.

Glad in more ways than one that my Steelers won the SUPER BOWL in that case. :p

Nearly every year there is Top 10 BUSTS and diamonds in the rough in the later rounds.

Here is a list of my 'dirty diamonds' propects to make a IMPACT in the NFL.

QB Bruce Gradkowski - Toledo (like Dan Marino << hails from da 'Burgh)

OT Daryn Colledge - Boise State

LB Daryl Tapp - Virginia Tech

LB Elvis Dumervil - Louisville

DB Micheal Huff - Texas

One of these guys will be going to the Pro Bowl within 3 years. Bookmark it. ;)

Vince Young Starting

cannot wait to see vince start this week

if anyone finds a live video stream it would be great. radio will do though

pacman vs TO will be good also, shame that glenn will carve up other side so it wont matter.

Haynesworth - Absolute Dog

Did anyone else see what Albert Haynesworth did against the Cowboys yesterday? He has been suspended for five matches, which in my opinion is very, very, lenient. If he did the same thing in the AFL he'd be rubbed out for an entire season. I hope the Cowboys player presses charges against this freaking meat head. Why is it that the NFL continually churns out these guys who are obviously not suited to playing a team sport?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Haynesworth - Absolute Dog

yep saw this, what can you say? Dog act. Should of got more.

Didnt look too impressive did it....

'However'... not that there is really a however to this... I'm sure worse or at least equally as bad stuff goes on in the packs and during group tackles.

He got 5 weeks - fair?

Has bought the game into disrepute. :mad: Five weeks is a disgraceful penalty I agree. Hope Titans cut him soon. Doesn't deserve another chance.

On a lighter side, actually, all Albert Haynesworth was doing was demonstrating what opponents have been doing to the Titans. It will be more of the same stomping in Indy.

Vince Young Trouble In Tennessee

Merril Hodge on ESPN called the predicted use of high draft picks on Vince Young and Matt Leinart in 2006 a huge mistake that would cost general managers their jobs. Now come the signs that his words could become prophetic.

While Leinart in year 3 can't beat out the aging Curt Warner, Vince Young is now struggling with just being an NFL player. Having signed Chris Simms earlier today, it's now looking like Vince may be sidelined more than the few weeks because of injury due to possible mental health issues.

Felicia Young has seen her son experience the ups and downs that go with being a football star.
On Monday night, she saw 25-year-old Vince Young sink to his lowest point. It ended with Coach Jeff Fisher calling Metro Police to search for her son for over four hours, and opened the biggest window yet into the emotional and troubled side of the Titans quarterback.
A psychologist was among those who met with Young at his Brentwood home on Monday, and what she concluded and told team officials led to a bizarre, 24-hour period that ended just after midnight Tuesday morning. That’s when Fisher met with Young and police at Baptist Sports Park.

Felicia Young said her son has grown weary of all the negativity he faces as an NFL star. On Monday, he indicated to those around him he didn’t want to play football any more.

“Vince has gone through a whole lot as a young person,’’ Felicia Young said. “And I think he has done pretty well up to this point. But it is hard, all he is going through right now. He’s hurting inside and out.

“But he will be fine if people are prayerful and help my baby boy out. He is a young man. He just needs a lot of love and support.’’

When the frantic search for Young ended, Fisher and the Titans said the incident had been blown out of proportion. So did some of Young’s friends and family.

But the events that led up to it all — and the fact Fisher called police — showed just how much concern the team has regarding the mental state of Young, who suffered a left knee injury in Sunday’s season opening win over the Jaguars. Young opted not to get an MRI of the knee on Monday; an MRI on Tuesday revealed he has a sprained MCL that could keep him out anywhere from 2-4 weeks.

The Titans, meanwhile, were making plans to go on without him.

“In a major city police department we have calls like this all the time about people who fear for their loved ones … the difference here being Vince Young’s notoriety,’’ Metro Police spokesman Don Aaron said. “When the police department gets such calls, you have to take them seriously. You never know how these issues will ultimately turn out. The concerns of (Monday) night appear to be unfounded.’’

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080909/SPORTS01/80909129/1002/SPORTS

Re: Vince Young Trouble In Tennessee

It is interesting story and I'm not sure what to make of it TBH

VY is clearly struggling in the NFL spotlight. He's looked slow and totally lacking confidence this season. It all seems to be falling apart for him

Re: Vince Young Trouble In Tennessee

Ummm . . . not saying anything just throwing it out there.

b-vince-young-party-ph-4c5e9db43b0e.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back