Banter The Adelaide Board Politics/COVID Thread Part 2 (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
43% christians

then a whole heap of 2% and 3%ers following other religions..

but we are, and have been, discussing Christianity here in regards to this topic as these manly lads are christians.. so I will admit I shouldve written Christianity not Religion.

but if you want to start heaping Christianity in with their Islamic brothers and sisters go right ahead!.. not sure I’d wanna identify with them in any way though!

Australia‘s religious population has predominantly been Christian over the years.. but as the census shows its dying out fast.

Islam, and other religions, will also die out quickly once the children and grandchildren of the Islamic migrants that have entered this country in the past two - three decades start to wake up to a different way of life in a more secular society and a more STEM based education..

the better educated a population becomes the less it follows a religion.. the church knows this its why you’ll find signs like this in the batshit crazy US..

View attachment 1464064

Advocating for ignorance like this is a red flag that you can't withstand scrutiny.
Just picking you up on that one bolded - go have a look at the UK as a test case where they have had a large islamic population for multiple generations now. Funnily enough the number one baby name in the country is Mohammad. Nothing to do with ISLAM I am sure....

that's not what i posted. You are against everything that the bible says, and it is against homosexuality and it's also against beastiality. So you must be a fan of beastiality. I'm just using your logic.
geezuz.. thats a longer bow you're drawing than one of Dursma’s!..

and I’m not the one cherry picking bits and pieces out of the bible to justify a predudice against a marginalised community group.

the fact I think the bible is full of nonsense doesnt equal me being a fan of beastiality.. you do know it is possible to learn that beastiality is wrong from sources other than the bible…

I might be an orphan here, but I have no problem with the unions backing the Labor party. And nor does it bother me that Malinauskis accepted the donations whilst arguing that all donations should be banned. As long as he follows through with the pre election policy then he's done nothing wrong.

I think a lot of you people have lost sight as to how much protection most workers actually need to ensure that they're not taken advantage of. Unions have definitely dropped the ball recently and so had Labor in terms of focussing on their core constituents. Both arms dropped the ball. And I, for one, welcome both of these organisations reverting to the actual reasons that they exist.
your no orphan on this one.

Unions are important and have their place.. just as employer and industry groups do.

and you are right… unions need to clean up their act and focus on the original reasons they were formed.

i have less issue with a union donating to a political party than a billionaire.

the billionaire will do so in the interest of the one (themself).. the union does so in the interest of the many (their members and also indirectly other workers that are non members)

altho.. banning all political donations would be an even better outcome IMO.

43% christians

but we are, and have been, discussing Christianity here in regards to this topic as these manly lads are christians.. so I will admit I shouldve written Christianity not Religion.

but if you want to start heaping Christianity in with their Islamic brothers and sisters go right ahead!.. not sure I’d wanna identify with them in any way though!

Australia‘s religious population has predominantly been Christian over the years.. but as the census shows its dying out fast.

Islam, and other religions, will also die out quickly once the children and grandchildren of the Islamic migrants that have entered this country in the past two - three decades start to wake up to a different way of life in a more secular society and a more STEM based education..

the better educated a population becomes the less it follows a religion.. the church knows this its why you’ll find signs like this in the batshit crazy US..

View attachment 1464064

Advocating for ignorance like this is a red flag that you can't withstand scrutiny.
Mate, you really need to fully understand what people are talking about, you have a bee in your bonnet, And I used the term religion I did not specify one religion only a fool would do that. when talking about Australia.

And before you even go down the path of telling me about Islam or any other religion I suggest you think again, Unlike you, I have travelled to a lot places I have seen the good and bad in people, the good and bad in various cultures, both religious and non-religious including how non-religious group are impacting countries for monetary gains, it is one of the reasons why I look at both sides before making an informed decision or suggestion,
You want to know what the biggest problem in the world is,
Greed, Power, Fame, etc.
Think about that some more before replying, as I don't give two s**t about your anti-religion crusade, I look at all sides before making an informed decision.

And mate I am not overly religious, And my Wife leans toward Wicca
Also, I cannot afford to view the world from one side because it does not work that way, there are too many influences besides religion that affect outcomes.

Mate, you really need to fully understand what people are talking about, you have a bee in your bonnet, And I used the term religion I did not specify one religion only a fool would do that. when talking about Australia.

And before you even go down the path of telling me about Islam or any other religion I suggest you think again, Unlike you, I have travelled to a lot places I have seen the good and bad in people, the good and bad in various cultures, both religious and non-religious including how non-religious group are impacting countries for monetary gains, it is one of the reasons why I look at both sides before making an informed decision or suggestion,
You want to know what the biggest problem in the world is,
Greed, Power, Fame, etc.
Think about that some more before replying, as I don't give two s**t about your anti-religion crusade, I look at all sides before making an informed decision.

And mate I am not overly religious, And my Wife leans toward Wicca
Also, I cannot afford to view the world from one side because it does not work that way, there are too many influences besides religion that affect outcomes.
geezuz.. did you miss all the comments I have made about the majority of religious people being disgusted with some of their religious brothers and sisters attitudes, and use of obscure references in the bible, to marginalise the LGBTIQ community..

scroll back a few pages and I’m sure you’ll find one of these comments.

I am not religious… but I was educated in a Catholic college and RE subjects were core subjects that I had to sit through.. many of my friends are Catholics.. have some friends that are 7th day Aventus.. none of them have any anti-LGBTIQ attitudes due to their religion that I know of.

i’m not against people having a religion at all…

i’m against those, and they are a minority, who have one that seem determined to fight this culture war based on it and use their religion as an excuse for their prejudices against our communities most marginalised..

anyone that reads the bible and takes the great majority of jumbled nonsense in it literally needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

geezuz.. did you miss all the comments I have made about the majority of religious people being disgusted with some of their religious brothers and sisters attitudes, and use of obscure references in the bible, to marginalise the LGBTIQ community..

I am not religious… but I was educated in a Catholic college and RE subjects were core subjects that I had to sit through.. many of my friends are Catholics.. have some friends that are 7th day Aventus.. none of them have any anti-LGBTIQ attitudes due to their religion that I know of.

i’m against those, and they are a minority, who have one that seem determined to fight this culture war based on it and use their religion as an excuse for their prejudices against our communities most marginalised..

anyone that reads the bible and takes the great majority of jumbled nonsense in it literally needs to take a long hard look at themselves.
Mate I replying to your comment on what I was saying not others,
And I have from the beginning mentioned there are two sides and both are wrong.
Those Islanders followed their religious beliefs and they in Australia are allowed to. But the abuse they cop from people who did not understand the full picture or could not even be bothered to look at both sides was wrong,

And your last statement was absolutely wrong, People have the right to believe in what they want in Australia, that part of us it what makes Australia different, To attempt to take that away is wrong. more so in Australia.
And I find you a hypocrite for saying it, especially since you push for equal rights Unless of course you believe that
"All people are equal, but some people are more equal than others" (sorry George)

Bolt is a dinosaur and tbh this smells nothing more than an attempt to gain ratings by creating a discussion piece. Bolts been around a very long time to know how to play an issue.
I only get small doses of Bolt on The Weekly. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

43% christians

View attachment 1464064

Had you noticed these guys fighting their culture war prior to this episode?

Another rate rise…
whilst it is s**t for everyone with a mortgage..

the interest rates of the past couple of years have been ridiculously low.. just utterly unsustainable levels of low.. and they are still on the lower end of whats traditionally been the case now even with the recent few months of rises..

this adjustment back to normal type rates was always gonna happen.. and anyone who’s taken a loan(s) out not factoring in this return to normal interest rate levels is unfortunately pretty bloody silly and only has themselves to blame.

this adjustment back to normal type rates was always gonna happen.. and anyone who’s taken a loan(s) out not factoring in this return to normal interest rate levels is unfortunately pretty bloody silly and only has themselves to blame.
This is a load of bullshit. If the RBA had said what you're saying here, they wouldn't be getting criticised. Instead they totally ballsed up their messaging and told everybody rates weren't going up until 2024. Now they are back-tracking and saying those comments were "conditional". How is that average punter supposed to predict that the RBA would be caught off guard with inflation?

This is a load of bullshit. If the RBA had said what you're saying here, they wouldn't be getting criticised. Instead they totally ballsed up their messaging and told everybody rates weren't going up until 2024. Now they are back-tracking and saying those comments were "conditional". How is that average punter supposed to predict that the RBA would be caught off guard with inflation?
Geez… relax… Im not sayin the RBA havent stuffed the implementation of the return to normal rates..

Just that it was always gonna happen as rates could never stay so low.. so people really cant complain.. its ahould always be factored in whenever you take out a mortgage.

Geez… relax… Im not sayin the RBA havent stuffed the implementation of the return to normal rates..

Just that it was always gonna happen as rates could never stay so low.. so people really cant complain.. its ahould always be factored in whenever you take out a mortgage.
People can certainly complain when they were misled by the RBA.

As far as new borrowers go, the banks are supposed to factor in a higher interest rate when determining whether a person meets the criteria for lending. I think it's something like 2.5% over whatever the current rate is. When I went for my loan back in 2017 when rates were around 4.5%, they assumed rates were 7% when working out how much I could borrow. Your attitude that all the responsibility is on the borrower is horse s**t, the banks are also required to be responsible lenders.

C28BDCC8-501F-428F-93B8-F0B92C682919.jpeg

wow… so the blokes standing on his balcony.. and is targetted by a drone fired hellfire missile that converts into a flying blender that instantly reduces him to a puddle of mince meat mush and does little damage to anyone else around him.

you gotta admit thats pretty *ing awesome.

… and frankly.. sucked in to the loony terrorist piece of s**t.

that maybe, Bolt is still a wart at back of a scrotum.

i didn't mind him back in the day when he was on outsiders. Don't see him these days, but have read a couple of things. He was proven right about Pell and I have to respect someone for standing up in that situation. Not exactly a populist position to take, defending an accused child abuser. Takes some integrity.

Hopefully lessons learned.

nope, still goes on to this day in communities. The powerful wield and abuse it to the benefit of their mob and to the detriment of everybody else. But the government can easily legislate this commission again and leave the constitution alone. That way if it doesn't work, we don't need to have a referendum about it, they can just kill it in parliament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back