Banter The Adelaide Board Politics/COVID Thread Part 2 (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s controversial about this? Long been understood that respiratory viruses spread more readily in poorly ventilated spaces. If we’re serious about reducing burden on the health system and lost economic productivity through illness (both for individual business owners and at a macro level) it’s one of a number of strategies worth looking at.

So when was it included in the advice from your fellow health bureaucrats? About the same time as hydration, paracetamol and rest? So about February 2022.

What’s controversial about this? Long been understood that respiratory viruses spread more readily in poorly ventilated spaces. If we’re serious about reducing burden on the health system and lost economic productivity through illness (both for individual business owners and at a macro level) it’s one of a number of strategies worth looking at.
I don't think it's controversial. I am surprised that he equates the effectiveness of boosters with the effectiveness of fresh air.

So when was it included in the advice from your fellow health bureaucrats? About the same time as hydration, paracetamol and rest? So about February 2022.
Mate there were several articles back in early 2020 about how poor ventilation will increase the virus speed. Article and advice from the CDC, Lancet, National Libary of Medicine
In Australia, Safe Work Australia, ABC did a good article about that same subject in July 2020, Even several Union articles mention it and offer advice to improve ventilation.
Its was really only WHO who downplayed airborne transmission, early 2020.

Animals bomb their own people and try and still blame it on israel

Surprised there has not been alot of talk about Israel's Rafael Iron Dome missile defence system'
580 rockets fired from Gaza, 200 intercepted by The Rafael Iron dome which is only used when incoming projectiles are headed for populated areas, 120 fell short.
When first introduced in 2011 the success rate protecting populated areas was 75%. in 2014 it was 80%, in 2021 it was 90% recently it has been 97%.

Just for interest the US recently conducted a successful test at their white sand missile testing site.

Animals bomb their own people and try and still blame it on israel

This has been the longest most pointless war in my lifetime.

These 2 sadly are unlikely to ever get on... & will always look to blame the other (even is cases like this).

Too many in this world just want to fight, rather than compromise.

This has been the longest most pointless war in my lifetime.

These 2 sadly are unlikely to ever get on... & will always look to blame the other (even is cases like this).

Too many in this world just want to fight, rather than compromise.
its incredibly dumb tbh.

Firstly, there comes a point in time that you have to outway the damage returned with what you inflict. Overall, is it worth it and importantly are you achieving anything or are you just causing pain to your own people.

War is often created out of dumb arrogance and pride. Intelligence is never at fault.

Mate there were several articles back in early 2020 about how poor ventilation will increase the virus speed. Article and advice from the CDC, Lancet, National Libary of Medicine
In Australia, Safe Work Australia, ABC did a good article about that same subject in July 2020, Even several Union articles mention it and offer advice to improve ventilation.
Its was really only WHO who downplayed airborne transmission, early 2020.

And like most knowledge from the early days it was ignored in favour of the only risk controls being vaccination and human control.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's been strong opposition to his second point by people in here, yourself included.

never by me, I dare you to find a post. I've only ever argued against mandatory vaccination based on the flawed belief that it impedes transmission. Find a post where I argue that vaccination doesn't reduce severity of illness. You and the lemmings were calling people selfish and dangerous from the beginning if they didn't want to get vaccinated. Why was that if it was only harming themselves?

They just said on 5AA in a Covid vaccine ad, that if you had 2 doses back in 2021 you may as well have had none in regards to the latest variants.

Missus and I have had 3, last one was January, which was as early as we could get it. We've both just finished having it over the last couple of weeks. Not sure how much the doses improved our outcome, but we both had mild symptoms, not really being sick at all except for a couple of rough nights and congested lungs. Otherwise just a bit flat and a lot of sleeping, coughing up phlegm and nose blowing. Not sure which variant we had tough.

Question for the resident experts.

If I have cold and flu symptoms including fever etc and i return a negative PCR test and subsequently still advised to isolate, is this just till I feel better or per covid protocols?

Till you feel better would be my bet. You're not entangled into the covid rules without testing positive for covid.

And like most knowledge from the early days it was ignored in favour of the only risk controls being vaccination and human control.
Was not totally ignored a lot of business revamped and improved their filters, large increase in Hepa filters during Covid particularly in the H10 to H12 however that was due to the H13 and H14 selling out.
Even today it is hard to get H13 filters large enough for most businesses.

never by me, I dare you to find a post. I've only ever argued against mandatory vaccination based on the flawed belief that it impedes transmission. Find a post where I argue that vaccination doesn't reduce severity of illness. You and the lemmings were calling people selfish and dangerous from the beginning if they didn't want to get vaccinated. Why was that if it was only harming themselves?

You made numerous posts claiming that lifting of restrictions had nothing to do with the fact that vaccines had reduced risk of death and severe illness relative to 2020-21, and that these decisions were 100% political.

Look if you want to back flip and change your mind on this now I won’t make a big deal out of it, it’s good to have you back in the real world champ.

Edit: And to speak to your other point about whether vaccines ever impeded transmission or not, see below data from Delta variant era. At 5+ months, protection against any infection had dropped away but even then still substantially better than in unvaccinated people. These RCT findings were also reflected in the case rates at a population level.

In Omicron era protection afforded by vaccine or prior infection against any new infection drops away more quickly, hence now imo difficult to justify mandating vaccines anywhere outside highest risk settings such as hospitals or aged care where multiple layers of controls are applied to reduce risk to patients.

Last edited:
You made numerous posts claiming that lifting of restrictions had nothing to do with the fact that vaccines had reduced risk of death and severe illness relative to 2020-21, and that these decisions were 100% political.

Look if you want to back flip and change your mind on this now I won’t make a big deal out of it, it’s good to have you back in the real world champ.

Edit: And to speak to your other point about whether vaccines ever impeded transmission or not, see below data from Delta variant era. At 5+ months, protection against any infection had dropped away but even then still substantially better than in unvaccinated people. These RCT findings were also reflected in the case rates at a population level.

In Omicron era protection afforded by vaccine or prior infection against any new infection drops away more quickly, hence now imo difficult to justify mandating vaccines anywhere outside highest risk settings such as hospitals or aged care where multiple layers of controls are applied to reduce risk to patients.

How about you actually try and find a post that claims vaccination doesn't reduce severity of illness. What you've posted is some kind of weird extrapolation. Nice try though, I knew you'd not be able to find anything, so you've manufactured a false correlation.

Here's a direct post, I'm sure you'll have a few that contradict this, rather than rely on your own half-witted conspiracy about my views. See the bit where I state clearly that we got vaxxed to reduce severity of our illness. N

It's madness, getting it is inevitable, we got vaccinated to reduce the severity of our illness. If the lemmings desperate for bureaucratic intervention in their lives want to run the protecting the hospital system, then that's at least arguable. But to wear a mask to protect oneself from catching it in the first place is about as moronic a position as possible. The most likely place you're going to catch it is surely when you're at home. Are these idiots seriously masking up when watching TV with their family? ******* dipshits.

Quite astonishing words from the horse's mouth about how lockdowns in America were a process of policy first, then try to find the science later.

"Fifteen Days to Slow the Spread was a start, but I knew it would be just that. I didn’t have the numbers in front of me yet to make the case for extending it longer, but I had two weeks to get them."

Sorry, this is US news, but some will find it pretty funny.

It's about not returning official documents apparently

Currently watching Fox News, it's like listening to AA after a Port loss.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back