Banter The Adelaide Board Politics/COVID Thread Part 2 (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
you've been posting trump memes in the same way you just ridiculed Bicks for doing re Andrews. Not surprised you can't see it, very much expected.
I’m posting the trump, and other, cartoons that come out daily on another forum I read..

because they are *n funny.

the meme mutineer posted wasnt even funny..

Andrews is far from a lunatic.. you wanna see lunatics.. have a look at the mormons, evangelists, crazed weirdos and complete ratbags that now infest the Victorian liberal party.. it has made itself completely unelectable.. yet Mutineer is still gonna vote for em, thats some A-grade levels of insanity!.

It was a link to an article written by Rolling Stone which had been debunked so I retracted it. I didn't say "doctors were administering horse paste to own the libs". I said anti vaxers were shitting out their intestinal lining out to own the libs which is clearly meant to be taken in jest. It's a meme you dolt. You put up a strawman about doctors prescribing it but that had nothing to do with what I was talking about. I was referencing social media posts from anti-vaxers who thought they were crapping out parasites when it was actually their own intestinal lining, which looks like worms to the untrained eye.

I don’t think you knew what it was tbh. I don’t think you knew that doctors all around the world were widely prescribing it off-label as an early Covid treatment, with varying degrees of success.

And then were vilified and censored for doing so, because, obviously, all roads led to the old jaberroo.

You didn’t know until Sanders and I pointed it out to you.

You just bought the narrative that was fed to you — that it was strictly a horse dewormer that scores and scores of Trumptards were wolfing down with their breakfast cereal and then going to hospital.

Which was complete bullshit, a total fabrication designed to shut down off-label treatments.

Anyway, whatever. Play on.

in the presidential race he was approached by a gun nut who started getting up him about how he (biden) and the democrats were gonna take everyones guns away..

Biden lost it at the bloke and started carrying on about how he (biden) owned a whole heap of guns himself! basically rubbishing the guys comments by saying to him “i love my guns too and taking them away wont be happening under my watch.”

from that very moment Biden should've been ruled out from running for president.. proved he’s not a leader at all.. just another dumb* US gun nut.
No s**t he said that. Biden wants what the yanks call "common sense gun reform". This would mean banning certain kinds of assault rifles, more background checks etc. Outright bans are a non-starter over there. It's political suicide. Americans love their guns.

For Australians, common sense gun reform means what Howard did.

No s**t he said that. Biden wants what the yanks call "common sense gun reform". This would mean banning certain kinds of assault rifles, more background checks etc. Outright bans are a non-starter over there. It's political suicide. Americans love their guns.

For Australians, common sense gun reform means what Howard did.
there’s no such thing as common sense gun reforms in the US..

because there’s faark all common sense to start with. and on both sides, the Repubs and dems, their are numerous members of them that take huge donations from the gun industry and the NRA.

kids can’t even go to school without the very real threat of being gunned down.. thats how much common sense there is in that country and unfortunately it will never change. they are ignorant, poorly educated and the great majority of them believe in a sky fairy over science, common sense and their government.

bidens just part of the problem.. the moment he said that in the presidential race he pretty much shut down any chance for real change during his presidency. it was dumb populist politics… no better than what trump does.

because there’s faark all common sense to start with. and on both sides, the Repubs and dems, their are numerous members of them that take huge donations from the gun industry and the NRA.

kids can’t even go to school without the very real threat of being gunned down.. thats how much common sense there is in that country and unfortunately it will never change. they are ignorant, poorly educated and the great majority of them believe in a sky fairy over science, common sense and their government.

bidens just part of the problem.. the moment he said that in the presidential race he pretty much shut down any chance for real change during his presidency. it was dumb populist politics… no better than what trump does.

All current politicians views along with pro gun media, bought and paid for by the NRA.

They’re both too old for starters
Shouldn't be electing a president who has a reasonable possibility of dying of natural causes during their term...

America requires president to be of minimum age... when they should be more concerned about maximum age!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is hard to either like or dislike an inanimate object
His main advantage over Trump is he's not completely unlikeable or divisive... but seriously they should be able to find better candidates on both sides.

what power does the President have though? Constitution makes it impossible to ban them outright and states seem to have responsibility for inching towards restrictions.

G-G pissing on the fire but...

FaK23IOakAAuQMO

Strange that ScoMo didn't disclose he held these extra portfolios to cabinet.

It is understandable to have a backup Health minister in a pandemic.

But why the other 2 portfolios?

Apparently he had no confidence in Pitt making the decisions ScoMo wanted so wanted the ability to overrule.

Covering Corman as finance minister was strange & he didn't even know.

Smacks of micromanagament... but the most concerning aspect is the secrecy.

Last edited:
I don’t think you knew what it was tbh. I don’t think you knew that doctors all around the world were widely prescribing it off-label as an early Covid treatment, with varying degrees of success.
What is the relevance of this? Were these doctors prescribing it in doses meant for a horse? Do I need a degree in medicine to understand that a human being shouldn't take a drug in doses meant for an animal that weighs over 500kgs?
And then were vilified and censored for doing so, because, obviously, all roads led to the old jaberroo.
Trump was pushing hydroxychloroquine iirc. Ivermectin was pushed by right wing media but I don't remember Trump specifically endorsing it. I think Trump actually wanted the vaccine rollout to be his crowning legacy. He often boasted about the speed in which the vaccine was created. When he told his supporters he got vaccinated though, they booed him. 🤣
scores and scores of Trumptards were wolfing down with their breakfast cereal and then going to hospital.
There was a huge uptick in calls to the poison authority of people experiencing side effects because they had taken the drug in doses meant for larger animals. I can't prove their political affiliation but it was right wing media who were pushing this s**t so I think it's a fair assumption that a fair few of these people were probably Trump voters.

Why are you preaching to me about it? I agree that their gun laws are nuts. I'm just telling you that no politician is going into an election with banning guns on the agenda because they actually want to get elected. The closest you will get is gun reform and polls show that a large percentage of Americans support stricter gun control measures.

The second part of the equation is getting the votes and there is no way Biden could pull it off. With the current razor thin margins, it only takes 1 or 2 dems to break ranks and it's a dead issue. He's already shown he can't get his people to fall in line.

All over the world ? We know some poor 3rd world countries did, because of misinformation created by anti vaccine, sorry, anti mandate nutters.

And yes varying degrees of sucess depending if the subject had worms....which, by killing them as the horse de wormer intended to, helped the body fight covid

Given why you are against the vaccine I assume you'll find another conspiracy given it doesn't prevent severe COVID?

P.s still waiting for the Gym program.

"In September last year, the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) restricted the prescribing of ivermectin, saying that doses advocated for in ‘unreliable social media posts’ were ‘significantly higher’ than those approved for parasite treatment."

"It also said ivermectin prescriptions had more than tripled at the time and had led to national and local shortages for the drug’s approved use for scabies and parasite infections."

"Last August, imports of the drug were reportedly 10 times higher than previous levels, while pharmacists also reported a rise in customers not disclosing the reason for an ivermectin prescription."

LoneRelievedEmu-max-1mb.gif

If you want to attack Biden, you go after the fact he couldn't get most of his legislative agenda through because he couldn't control his own people. He's a weak leader who exemplifies the phrase "do nothing democrat". This stuff about him being a "gun loving redneck" is silly though.
Sorry to interrupt but Biden has done heaps with a 50:50 senate. Quite remarkable. Yes he is old, but he is experienced and what the US needs in dealing with cleaning up Trump’s mess.

Sorry to interrupt but Biden has done heaps with a 50:50 senate. Quite remarkable. Yes he is old, but he is experienced and what the US needs in dealing with cleaning up Trump’s mess.
You will need to qualify this with some examples. He failed on voters rights, didn't kill the fillibuster, didn't expand the SC, didn't deliver on student loan debt forgiveness and his infrastructure bill was heavily was watered down.

I prefer Biden to Trump just for the record. It's just that Donald is one of the worst of all time so being better than him is no great achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back