Opinion The Adelaide Board Politics/COVID Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on here once shared some of Reilly O'Brien's Twitter history so I am not that surprised he was there.

I'd also bet London to a brick on one or two of the regular posters on here would have been there too.
Yeah I might have been there there but I didn't fancy the drive...:fire:

I didn't think it was possible for ROB to be any more unlikable.

Really?

For me I don't really care one way or another as to a player's political leanings.

As long as they're not on social media sounding like a complete nutter and playing good footy they're all good as far as I'm concerned.

I'm going to apologise for that, it was uncalled for and I don't blame you for being angry.
No worries mate..

Had a bit of the “damn… its bloody monday morning” feels when I responded to it too…

So I was probably was a bit harsh in my response.

Really?

For me I don't really care one way or another as to a player's political leanings.

As long as they're not on social media sounding like a complete nutter and playing good footy they're all good as far as I'm concerned.
Fair enough, we aren't paying them for their personalities. I really can't stand Rob as a footballer though.

One interesting thing I learned over the weekend was that we're one of the few countries in the world where almost all of the mortgages are variable.
Most other countries you are locked into the interest rate for the life of the loan.

1669606049038.png

Australia will be an interesting case study to see what happens with our economy with these rapid rate rises given that not many other countries will be experiencing pressure from both increases to their mortgage and also with inflation.

Fair enough, we aren't paying them for their personalities. I really can't stand Rob as a footballer though.

I don't really rate ROB either as a player,

In fact I would say that ROB would have to be close to being our worst number 1 ruckman that we've ever had since we've been in the AFL.

One interesting thing I learned over the weekend was that we're one of the few countries in the world where almost all of the mortgages are variable.
Most other countries you are locked into the interest rate for the life of the loan.

1669606049038.png

Australia will be an interesting case study to see what happens with our economy with these rapid rate rises given that not many other countries will be experiencing pressure from both increases to their mortgage and also with inflation.

Problem with a fixed rate is you can’t use an offset account

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1669606049038.png

Probably explains why property prices in Sydney & Melbourne fluctuate more too...

Probably explains why property prices in Sydney & Melbourne fluctuate more too...

It also says to me that guys like Phillip Lowe (who is getting paid a million a year and has no mortgage and zero understanding of the financial pressures on mortgage holders) need to tread with extreme caution and not just blindly follow what the US is doing with rates because our landscape is completely different to theirs.

I don't really rate ROB either as a player,

In fact I would say that ROB would have to be close to being our worst number 1 ruckman that we've ever had since we've been in the AFL.
Dont care about ROBs thoughts, feelings and opinions.. what I care about is that he’s a garbage ruckman who’s best attribute used to be his intercept marking around the ground.. but the intercept marking seems to have deserted him for long stretches in recent years.. think at one point he only took 2-3 marks in total in around 10 games in a row this year

Wouldve rather we gave Strawnie a decent 10 game run this year instead of just sticking with ROB all year.. we had absolutely nothing to fxxkn lose from doing so.

It also says to me that guys like Phillip Lowe (who is getting paid a million a year and has no mortgage and zero understanding of the financial pressures on mortgage holders) need to tread with extreme caution and not just blindly follow what the US is doing with rates because our landscape is completely different to theirs.
I think you're forgetting that his only lever is used to support the Australian dollar. If he keeps rates low, then our dollar goes through the floor. It's fashionable to demonise him, but stupid.

Watch them keep pumping rates until something breaks.

It was what they replaced him with.

Look, it’s all on the record. Abbott won 90 seats in 2013. Less than three years later Turnbull just squeaked home losing a whopping 14 of those seats.

I don’t know what part of that equation told the Liberal party they need to have a leftist in charge of their party.

I’m not saying Tony Abbott as an individual was overly liked, but he was an effective politician and his Howard-esque policies were popular in the mainstream.

None of what’s happening right now has much to do with the political alignment of either party, it is to do with messaging, narrative control and political strategy.

People vote on emotion, not logic.

Both major parties have a core bloc of 30% of voters, you then have a core bloc of approx 10% who vote green.

It is the remaining 30% who are up for grabs - and by that they nay either vote directly or vote for a third party (ie Teal or Independent) and direct second preference back to a major party.

Perhaps you need to learn about the Rudd/Gillard wars - voters don’t like parties that have internal fights - they fought for 3 years and Abbott exploited it (well within his rights).

Abbott was only holding a % for a short term then add all the lies he told in the 2013 Election campaign (do your own research one) and the right core base is reducing (most millennials now vote ALP or Greens/Teals). The boomers who followed Howard then Abbott are declining in numbers (millennials are now a bigger voting bloc overtaking boomers) and so is their power. And unless they get with the times and their policies, they won’t get back in the short term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back