Review The Dees v Big Jack's Hacks: the Good, the Bad & the Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps a bit too soon to do a thorough review (since I'm still pumped about us finally getting a ******* win!!!!!!!1!!!!) but I'll have a crack:
Good:
- WINNING! And despite being challenged a few times being able to hold on and fight back.
- Jones was brilliant. Smashed Murphy completely
- TMac and Georgiou were great down back
- Viney was awesome. Wasn't sure he'd have that much of an impact but his ferocity at the ball and in tackles and breaking tackles was brilliant
- Frawley forward worked very well
- Pedo's goal made me lol. He had a decent game too.
- Spencil was a beast at the stoppages. Needs to work on the finesse of his ruckwork but his physicality and 2nd efforts were great all day (except that free in the first 30 seconds).
- Bail played a blinder. Still had some bad kicks but his run and tackling were great.
- Dawes was brilliant. Didn't have much of the ball but his work rate was excellent and those 2 goals from 50m were great.
- Got a fridge stocked up with beers to hit tonight!
Bad:
- Howe was pretty much invisible apart from a couple of marks in defence late. Admittedly they were very important but I'd like him to do more.
- Kent lacked composure early, and butchered a few kicks when he shouldn't have though he did wind up playing pretty well.
- Some very dumb decisions especially Bail kicking it out on the full when he could have just ran it over the line for a throw in in our 50. There were a few instances like this where a player kept the ball alive with only Blues around him. Silly play, should just fumble it over and reset at a stoppage.
- Skills were still pretty poor at times. Most of the Carlton scores came from our *ups. Good thing they can't kick straight.
Ugly:
- Bryce Gibbs' attempt at a goal in the last.

congratulations guys! you made a lot of people happy today

:D

fantastic pressure!! great second and third efforts. there's something to work with there. you've got a great coach..... hang in there

Good: (no bad or ugly, what a relief)
Kudos to the players who we supporters cant stand at times who played great games today:
- Rohan Bail, great game, did the hard stuff, linked up well, the occasional clanger, but fantastic all day.
- Cam Pederson, say what you want about him, but has given his all the past 3 weeks, entrenched in the senior side right now, been great.
- Jake Spencer, competed again, i have a soft spot for him, doesnt have the talent or the brains to be quality but can't ever question his endeavour.

Others:
- Jack Grimes, best game for the club over the past 2 years, maybe 3. We need this from him every week.
- Tommy Mac, great game, great game, even hit some very nice passes today.
- Jack Viney, played well again off a good week back last week, hoping he strings some games together now, if so, cant wait to see what type of player he is by the end of the year.

Kudos to this man the most for me today:
Daniel Cross, the guy is a dead set credit to himself and any club he represents. When he puts that jumper on he becomes the ultimate warrior. Head over the pill, tackles like a machine, knows his limitations, runs his guts out to contest after contest. The type of player i love, gets the absolute most out of himself which not many in a Melbourne jumper over the past 10 years can claim. Love the man.

Frawley, Dawes and Dunn forward line looks good. Good to see Roos stick with his guns of Frawley forward and Howe back. But moving the ball quickly through the midfield was the key. Fast breaks with no clangers ****ing it all up.

Great to win, but what i was happy with most was the complete team game we played, even if we had lost, this is what you want to see as a Melbourne supporter, not having to rely on Jones and Tyson to get 30 every week. The bit players stood up and played their part, if we want to remain competitive thats what we need for the rest of the season.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a glorious occasion. What's better than being at the G today? Being there with a Carlton supporter
So upset I couldn't be there. Caught the first half at home, had to be at work for the 2nd but asked the boss for 5 minutes to hear the siren and enjoy the win.

Congrats guy's!

Good - Beat Carlscum! Great confidence boost for your players and everyone involved.
Bad - Nothing bad about that.
Fugly - Carlton in a crisis. More pressure on them than any other team now including 'no crisis here' Malthouse/

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Awesome to see so many smiles on the faces of Melbourne supporters today. Also Pedos goal in the 4th was spectacular.

Not sure where to start. What a fantastic day. Plenty of contributors, and it's amazing what happens when you start running on top of the ground and playing with some confidence - so many times today where we hit targets that would have been missed last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back