Game Day The Grand Final thread

Remove this Banner Ad

When Paul Keating finally became prime minister, he famously told his staff “no one has entered this office with less enthusiasm than me”.

I kinda feel the same about this grand final, compared to other years I’m just not feeling it, for good or bad. It’s quite weird. Have watched literally zero minutes of buildup media during the week. Haven’t even looked at the team sheets. It’s feeling more like a 3 hour time obligation on a Saturday afternoon rather than anticipated event. Is there such a thing as “extreme ambivalence” or is it an oxymoron?

More excited about my chicken wings and zero carb beer. Hope everyone has a good one regardless.

When Paul Keating finally became prime minister, he famously told his staff “no one has entered this office with less enthusiasm than me”.

I kinda feel the same about this grand final, compared to other years I’m just not feeling it, for good or bad. It’s quite weird. Have watched literally zero minutes of buildup media during the week. Haven’t even looked at the team sheets. It’s feeling more like a 3 hour time obligation on a Saturday afternoon rather than anticipated event. Is there such a thing as “extreme ambivalence” or is it an oxymoron?

More excited about my chicken wings and zero carb beer. Hope everyone has a good one regardless.
same. Only thing I done for footy was to wear my Lions jumper to work yesterday, which was for a good cause. Besides logging into here and being constantly harassed that is.

Have been anticipating the 76ers V MU basketball game for the past few weeks. A preseason game FFS. Puts things into perspective from my POV.

Must admit I haven't been too excited about the
Grand final. But I really feel out of all the teams in the comp Collingwood and west coast can put on a super show. So safe to say I'm getting excited about a cracking game of footy today. I'll be cheering on west coast today. Come on reddo.

But on the flipside I'm hoping Varcoe can do his family proud. Love the way he has gone about his last month of footy. I could imagine it wouldn't be easy after losing a family member to be able to focus on much let alone competing at the highest level on the biggest stages. Your a champ Trav.

Really? I think we might actually get a competitive gf in which both sides turn up to play. I'm sick of the recent run of non contests in which the winner is obvious by quarter or half time.

same. Only thing I done for footy was to wear my Lions jumper to work yesterday, which was for a good cause. Besides logging into here and being constantly harassed that is.

Have been anticipating the 76ers V MU basketball game for the past few weeks. A preseason game FFS. Puts things into perspective from my POV.
Likewise; more excited by the Chelsea c Liverpool game.

I’m not sure if it Collingwood’s involvement or what it is, but GF’s for many years for me have been anti-climatic and the result fairly expected for the Victorian side and the general home state support received from the umps.

Not expecting any different today.

Flametrees is a beautiful song and Jimmy used to sing it with pathos and passion. Now he's a parody of himself and too much screaming from the mountains Jimmy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hippy might have over did the partying in Bali, in the last couple in his GF sprint heat and didn't make the final.

I wouldn’t expect him to be that fast. It’s more his agility that outs him ahead of most key forwards. Similar with Buddy.

Flametrees is a beautiful song and Jimmy used to sing it with pathos and passion. Now he's a parody of himself and too much screaming from the mountains Jimmy.
The vocal cords don’t really hold up over time.

Hopefully we see Johnson kick a dribble.

Ah the roar/boos of 40,000 footy fans and the silence of 60,000 corporates.

Must be grand final day.
Can you imagine the roar of 10,000 footy fans and 30,000 corporates at the Gabba or 20,000 + 5,000 at Metricon?

Back to the footy-

Come on Eagles get the job done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back