Analysis The Leigh Harding memorial list of potatoes who always play well against us and us alone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Harley Bennell has not played a good game since he looked like a young Dangerfield against us on the Gold Coast. What a performance.

I actually think that night was as good as Gold Coast has ever played as a club.

It's possible, I suppose. I don't watch them often enough to really know for sure.

But from where I sat, it was a classic example of them playing as well as the opposition lets you play.

In the tradition of Bomber's mantra from his time as coach, we were laughably 'easy to play against' that night.

Bennell burned us, no doubt. But it helped that there was no meaningful physical pressure around the ball and it was shifted to him in acres of space time and time again.

The way we dropped off after half-time that night was alarming and the final siren couldn't come quickly enough for me.

The fact that this year's 'effort' up here against the Suns was more meritorious from a GFC perspective tells you everything you need to know about how ordinary we were that night.

I rate nick holland a better player then bewick.
He was not a spud, for sure.
But a very unreliable kick for goal until he played us.
Maybe you rate him on that basis too.
An excellent mark.

I think Cunnington of Nth Melb has to get a mention here - definitely not a spud - but certainly
saves his best for Geelong .

Playing in the centre or on the ball - looks like a cross between Ian Stewart and Greg Williams - firing those handballs out . Im thinking to myself this bloke is top class - then i watch him in other games ( non Geel ) and he is slow - disinterested - looks a completely different player .
This year he is their best, and he has been 1 or 2 in B & F several times already.
A gun bull player.
Agree with highlighted.

Ben Cunnington - always seems to get the most clearences in any north-cats game while North get a shitload of free kicks.

The whole Collingwood team since 2012.

Richard Douglas

Minchington for St Kilda

Fantasia for Essendon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood will get belted today. Looks like they cant even be bothered. Slow, negative body language. Of course against us next week they will be throwing bodies into the turf and just look more motivated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back