The Podsiardly bump

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Pods: GAWN

That is my point, I am not comparing the offences, i am saying the tribunial have during the year been inconsistant at the least. I thought Hille has been extremly lucky this year and found it amusing that an Essendon supporter was quick to pull the trigger on Pods tonight:cool:.

I am not saying Pods will get off, he could get 5 weeks and really show what a joke the MRP has become.

If it was me he would get 2 (1 for an early pleas).

And if Hunt goes what a joke the MRP is.

fair enough. No issue with that. Only that you think that as an Essendon supporter you think it's "amusing" that I make comment when by your own admission it's an MRP issue, not an Essendon issue :thumbsu:

When it initially happened on the telecast, from the original angle Pods was actually reaching down to try and grab the ball but Gibbs got there first and went in lower and harder and Pods turned sideways and got him straight in the head with his hip. My mate and I watching it thought straight away that he was in trouble.

They then showed the other angle and it looks even worse (and you can't see him trying to get the ball in that one)

People saying only 2 are being very optimistic I'd say. A shame.

Josh Hunt won't miss any. Waite still had the ball when Hunt had him up in the air. Waite then lost control of the ball but Hunt wouldn't have known that. Waite was also holding onto Hunt on the way down, whether or not that was for self preservation, who knows? It wasn't a spear tackle, he didn't slam him head first into the ground like Mumford did to Ablett.

Having said that, the MRP decision on Mumford was disgraceful.

are you ****ing tripping? It doesn't matter whether I think it was soft or otherwise. I'm making a call on what decision the MRP will make. Struggle with the distinction? :rolleyes:

Barely any force? WTF are you on about? Did Buddy have a lot of force in his suspensions? The hit was frontal, high contact. You must be living on ****ing mars to not appreciate the significance of this.

Maybe you need a few pills yourself
Oh dear, haven't you realised you lost this battle long ago?

Sounds like you're the one that needs the thicker skin.

hahaha whatever matey. Nice deflection. I'm making opinions, you're justifying actions on dubious partisan grounds and calling anyone who dares have an objection opinion on your beloved Pods as being trolling or celebrating etc.

You're the only one getting defensive ;)

fair enough. No issue with that. Only that you think that as an Essendon supporter you think it's "amusing" that I make comment when by your own admission it's an MRP issue, not an Essendon issue :thumbsu:

It's a case of using Hille to highlight the MRP issue, I guess Essendon just got caught in the cross fire;)

you mad?

Why am I celebrating? Because we will be meeting Geelong in the finals? :rolleyes:

Why am I celebrating champ? I have Pods in my SC team. Why am I celebrating?

save me from idiotic opinions, please

Why are you pushing so hard for him to cop weeks? In fact, why do most people on BF want players to be rubbed out? Same goes for the media. Any incident is scrutinised and weeks are demanded.

Bring back footy.

You'd throw yourself backwards is some gorilla rammed into the top of your head with his hip ...Pods will go for at least 2 ..and with his record i'd imagine he could even get 4..hunt will also get looked at for his spear tackle on Waite.

Oh and Lance ..i started the same thread on here when it happened ..the mods moved it to another forum .

Oh my...

Epic stuff...
LOL:thumbsu:

I chuckled also.

Why are you pushing so hard for him to cop weeks? In fact, why do most people on BF want players to be rubbed out? Same goes for the media. Any incident is scrutinised and weeks are demanded.

Bring back footy.

another one! I'm not pushing for him to get weeks. How can you so thoroughly misunderstand a thread? I'm commenting on how the MRP will respond given their head sanctity agreement. It seems to be only defensive Geelong fans who are projecting that kind of motivation onto anyone who doesn't think will get off, given the history and policy of the MRP and AFL

another one! I'm not pushing for him to get weeks. How can you so thoroughly misunderstand a thread? I'm commenting on how the MRP will respond given their head sanctity agreement. It seems to be only defensive Geelong fans who are projecting that kind of motivation onto anyone who doesn't think will get off, given the history and policy of the MRP and AFL

Come on Lance, we all know you're actually Steven Quartermain ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Hunt won't miss any. Waite still had the ball when Hunt had him up in the air. Waite then lost control of the ball but Hunt wouldn't have known that. Waite was also holding onto Hunt on the way down, whether or not that was for self preservation, who knows? It wasn't a spear tackle, he didn't slam him head first into the ground like Mumford did to Ablett.

You'd definitely think it was self preservation from Waite. Was flung through the air and about to fall pretty heavily on his back.

It'd be a shame if that's become a reportable offence but the precedent is there.

just saw it. Absolutely gone. No way he can defend that. Gibbs had his head down to pick the ball off the ground, and Pods just turns sideways and drops his hips into Gibbs head.

At the start of the season he would get 3-4 weeks. But since were close to finals he will only get 2-3.

It was definitely clumsy and probably worth a small penalty.
There was no force, he was standing next to him, how much force can you generate when you're virtually standing still?
No, I'm not accusing Gibbs of diving, but he threw his head back, it wasn't forced back.

Good point.

Very little force in it. But hit the head so some penalty. Under normal circumstances would be 2 down to 1 with an early guilty plea, but he has carryover points so he'll miss the qualifying final.

Thought initially 3 weeks, and that's probably about right. Depending on his plea and record, that could go anywhere from 2-4.

Hunt's was worse than Guerras, so maybe a reprimand only (+- record).

Anyone have an issue with Chapman's tackle on Judd? (Immediately after Selwood's "in the back" on someone) Both arms pinned, rammed his head into the ground and went over the top of his shoulders. Thought that was a worse tackle than the hunt one, yet it was completely glossed over.

Thought initially 3 weeks, and that's probably about right. Depending on his plea and record, that could go anywhere from 2-4.

Anyone have an issue with Chapman's tackle on Judd? (Immediately after Selwood's "in the back" on someone) Both arms pinned, rammed his head into the ground and went over the top of his shoulders. Thought that was a worse tackle than the hunt one, yet it was completely glossed over.
Simon.. seriously. You are embarrassing yourself.:eek:

Yeah, nah, nothing to see here, move along. Thought it was a bit rough but not really as bad as you describe.

P.S Carlton's small forwards did nothing because they were actually blanketed by a tight defence. And you lost because...your forward line was not functioning well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back