The three worst things we could do

Remove this Banner Ad

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
1. Mount a bid for Kerr, would cost the earth in draft pix and salary cap and tear apart our playing group

2. Go after O'Keefe, would cost a R1 pick and at 28 yo next year will be all downhill from here

3. Trade a R1 pick for warnock...his performances do NOT warrant such a high investment meaning it's speculative, Not unlike Cameron Wood that is looking every bit a fizzer...If he fell into our lap for a polo trade ok...BUT NO pix

If Craig Cameron is worth his salt he will have already have all this worked out as researched the path the Cats and more recently Hawks have trod. I look on with interest at the approach this publicity shy punter elects to take:thumbsu:

1. Mount a bid for Kerr, would cost the earth in draft pix and salary cap and tear apart our playing group

2. Go after O'Keefe, would cost a R1 pick and at 28 yo next year will be all downhill from here

3. Trade a R1 pick for warnock...his performances do NOT warrant such a high investment meaning it's speculative, Not unlike Cameron Wood that is looking every bit a fizzer...If he fell into our lap for a polo trade ok...BUT NO pix

If Craig Cameron is worth his salt he will have already have all this worked out as researched the path the Cats and more recently Hawks have trod. I look on with interest at the approach this publicity shy punter elects to take:thumbsu:
why dont you just say dont trade our 1st round pick

Good post. Voss stated in the Herald Sun today that he thinks the draft is very good and deep. He spent the last 2 years as an assistant in the AIS AFL Academy where he has seen most of the youngsters in this upcoming draft. He mentioned that you could still get a great player with pick 35 as an example. We sometimes underrate even 2nd round picks. We should hold onto our picks; hope that Cameron and Jackson do their homework and find a few gun players that we need to build this list further.

GO TIGES!!!

We need to be more than daring come trade week.

Not necessarily to bring in players from outside clubs but if any interest is shown in those fringe players on our list then off load them, lets rack up the draft picks and see what comes of it.

I won't list names but I will say there would be few untouchables.

Warnock has already chosen carlton as the team he wants to play for,now it's up to them to find a suitable trade.
Actually that is not true, the article that was made was full of holes, Warnock has not made a statement about going to a club yet, not to mention that both Melbourne and us hadn't/haven't made Formal offers to Warnock.

There is still a heap of water to pass under the bridge before Warnock is a Blue.

I've heard we are out of the running because we won't give him a 4 year deal.
That'd be a bit strange when the Carlton/Warnock deal was rumoured to be a 3 year deal, worth $1mil too, I'd say it would be the money that would rule us out in the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stick with the drafting of future talent. This year proves to some extent that we should stick to a youth policy.

We need to be more than daring come trade week.

Not necessarily to bring in players from outside clubs but if any interest is shown in those fringe players on our list then off load them, lets rack up the draft picks and see what comes of it.

I won't list names but I will say there would be few untouchables.

this is a must with the gold coast coming in.

1. Sack a Football Manager early to get the best candidate and then get knocked back by so many of them we have to internally promote someone to fill the role. :eek: (nothing against CC, I think he'll be fine but it still looks like a royal **** up of a process.)

I personally think that too many people over cook this role by applying the simple logic that if it's not Neil Balme then we failed miserably ...I note that ESS went quietly about their business and hired Paul Hamilton with little fuss...didnt hear anyone wanting to burn the house down over that. CC has earnt himself quite a reputation within football circles, he will be a welcome change from millers instinctive approach and will do a better job coz he barracked for Richmond:thumbsu:

I have no problem with the final appointment but from the day of the sacking the process has been handled pretty badly and we've probably just showed we need to do much more than a sack a guy early to get the best. You also need respect and a footy club and board that correctly operates and I still dont think we have it.

Probably the worst this we could do is to not stick with the plan implemented by our team of gun coaches.

The 5 year plan introduced by Wallace was one of the best things ever seen at Richmond, and is now paying sensational dividends

Stick with it Tigers - it's a guaranteed blueprint for success.

Well done to TW and his team for setting the Tigers up for a period where the Tiger trophy cabinet will start to overflow :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back